monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 07:37 am
Ralph Northam in the news...

https://thelibertydaily.com
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 07:44 am
"Уанкер Централ"... That's funny! I don't think you'd find that in Ожигов's dictionary or anything like that.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 08:34 am
@gungasnake,
Northam wasn’t on my radar when he ran, but in light of what was known then, I was surprised that Obama stumped for him.

Robert Byrd was actually in the Klan, and they all gave him a pass. The Dems sort of lose credibility regarding ‘identity politics’ amid these facts.
hightor

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 10:12 am
@Lash,
Quote:
...I was surprised that Obama stumped for him.

How would having Ed Gillespie as governor be an improvement?
georgeob1

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 10:20 am
@Lash,
The Washington Post has done so as well.

I suspect the Democrats will increasingly perceive the political risks attendant to Gov. Northam's recent illustrations of the proclivity of establishment liberals to actually hold the lives of real people (and their newborn children) in contempt. If this materializes ( as initial reactions suggest it will) I suspect the Democrats will quickly reject him as a political liability.. What Northam will do is less clear, however I don't think his political survival is likely.
hightor

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 10:26 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
...actually hold the lives of real people (and their newborn children) in contempt...

I think you have misinterpreted the response of Northam to the issues raised by the bill. And I think the right-wing media is complicit in its efforts to promote misunderstanding and divisiveness. I don't see where he holds the lives of real people "in contempt".
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
gungasnake

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 11:31 am
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/02/02/journos-wonder-why-gop-oppo-didnt-dig-up-northam-blackface-pics-everybody-else-wonders-why-the-media-didnt/
gungasnake

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 11:36 am

@Barnes_Law
Follow Follow @Barnes_Law
More
How did the SAME federal judge in a district of 21 judges manage to get "randomly assigned" the email case, the Manafort case and the #RogerStone case? By the flagrant misuse of "related case" listing from team #Mueller to make sure their deferential Obama-appointed judge oversaw.....
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 12:18 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
When you start talking about abortions in month 7 - 9...

As with any other abortion, you're talking about someone else's medical options and a decision which is not yours to make.

Asked why they didn't obtain abortions earlier than 20 weeks women gave these responses:

71% of women were unaware they were pregnant or misjudged gestation
48% of women found it hard to make arrangements for abortion
33% of women were afraid to tell their partner or parents
24% of women took longer to decide whether to have an abortion
8% of women had an abortion after a change in their relationship status
8% of women were initially pressured not to have abortion
6% of women chose to have an abortion because of a change in circumstances after becoming pregnant
6% of women were not properly educated on how timing affects abortion
5% of women were unaware that abortion was available to them
2% A fetal problem was diagnosed late in pregnancy
11% Other

So, rather than demonizing these women, better access health services and pregnancy counseling could further reduce the need for late term procedures.
Quote:
A rational excuse for abortion at that point would have to be something very strange.

No doctor would certify a need for an abortion if a woman is in labor. This is a preposterous scenario intended to get supporters of the law to say something which can be used against them.

gungasnake

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 12:30 pm
Half the population views what you're talking about as outright murder. At the very least no tax dollars should be involved and nobody, particularly Planned Parenthood, should ever profit or otherwise benefit monetarily from such business.

coldjoint

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 12:37 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
No doctor would certify a need for an abortion if a woman is in labor.

That is not what the bill says or the soon to be ex- governor of Virginia. Do you think Dr.Gonsell would have had a problem with it? I don't.
hightor

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 12:42 pm
@gungasnake,
Tax dollars aren't used to fund abortions. (Tax dollars are used to kill people who don't look like us in drone strikes, however.) Pew reports that, as of 2018, 58% agree that it should be "legal in all/most cases" while 37% think it should be illegal. And, of course, polls can be worded in such a way as to get the answers the pollsters hope to see. The Pew results weren't limited to late term abortions. When it comes to polls about late term procedures I'd want to lo0k at the questions very carefully.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 12:45 pm
Quote:
CNN Falsely Promotes Virginia Democrat Governor Ralph Northam as “Republican” (He’s Not)….

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/cnn-northam-republican.jpg
Think that was a mistake? I do not think so.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/02/01/cnn-falsely-promotes-virginia-democrat-governor-ralph-northam-as-republican-hes-not/

0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 12:58 pm
Quote:
Another University Just Blocked Ben Shapiro From Speaking

Quote:
On Thursday, members of Grand Canyon University's Young Americans for Freedom chapter were told that they would not be able to host conservative pundit Ben Shapiro on campus. The GCU administrators told the students that Shapiro was just too “cut throat” and divisive, according to YAF. Additionally, they reasoned that a Shapiro appearance would not be good for the school long-term, hoping to maintain its culture of unity, love, and respect.

I guess they feel their students are not intelligent enough to make up their own minds. It is insulting and the divisive ones are the administration of that school, not Shapiro.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/02/02/another-university-just-blocked-ben-shapiro-n2540687
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 01:03 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
That is not what the bill says or the soon to be ex- governor of Virginia. Do you think Dr.Gonsell would have had a problem with it? I don't.

Again, you don't know the law as written:

Code of Virginia
Table of Contents » Title 18.2. Crimes and Offenses Generally » Chapter 4. Crimes Against the Person » Article 9. Abortion » § 18.2-74. When abortion or termination of pregnancy lawful after second trimester of pregnancy

Section
Print PDF email
§ 18.2-74. When abortion or termination of pregnancy lawful after second trimester of pregnancy.
Notwithstanding any of the provisions of § 18.2-71 and in addition to the provisions of §§ 18.2-72 and 18.2-73, it shall be lawful for any physician licensed by the Board of Medicine to practice medicine and surgery to terminate or attempt to terminate a human pregnancy or aid or assist in the termination of a human pregnancy by performing an abortion or causing a miscarriage on any woman in a stage of pregnancy subsequent to the second trimester provided the following conditions are met:

(a) Said operation is performed in a hospital licensed by the Virginia State Department of Health or operated by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.

(b) The physician and two consulting physicians certify and so enter in the hospital record of the woman, that in their medical opinion, based upon their best clinical judgment, the continuation of the pregnancy is likely to result in the death of the woman or substantially and irremediably impair the mental or physical health of the woman.

(c) Measures for life support for the product of such abortion or miscarriage must be available and utilized if there is any clearly visible evidence of viability.
coldjoint

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 01:07 pm
Quote:
We've regressed

https://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/burtis020219.jpg
Quote:
We’ve finally regressed to the Nazi T-4 Program in all but name. You know, where we get to murder all “life unworthy of life”.

https://canadafreepress.com/article/weve-regressed
coldjoint

Sat 2 Feb, 2019 01:13 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Again, you don't know the law as written:

Quote:
Measures for life support for the product of such abortion or miscarriage must be available and utilized if there is any clearly visible evidence of viability.

That is still something left to one or two doctors there for the purpose of aborting that baby. What chance does that baby have? 0 to none. Semantics to cover up legal murder. Again, Democrats are ghouls.
0 Replies