monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Real Music

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 11:27 pm
(Trump) hits (Ann Coulter) over recent criticism:

'Maybe I didn’t return her phone call or something'

Published January 27, 2019
Quote:
President Trump on Sunday took a shot at conservative commentator Ann Coulter, a longtime supporter of his, after she criticized him for agreeing to reopen the government without a deal on his long-promised border wall.

"I hear she's become very hostile," Trump said in a new interview with The Wall Street Journal. "Maybe I didn't return her phone call or something."

His jab comes shortly after Coulter blasted Trump repeatedly for not securing funding for a wall along the southern U.S. border, his signature campaign promise.

Coulter took to Twitter on Friday, the day lawmakers and the White House reached an agreement to end a 35-day-long partial shutdown, to blast Trump as "the biggest wimp ever to serve as President of the United States."

Later, the conservative provocateur made an appearance on comedian Bill Maher's show, where she continued to criticize the president for backing down on his demands for a border wall in order to reopen the government for three weeks.

"Look, it's crazy that I expect a president to keep a promise he made every day for 18 months," Coulter quipped to Maher.

She also appeared on Los Angeles radio station KNX, where said there was "no question" that House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) outmaneuvered Trump on the border negotiations.

Coulter has been one of the media's most vocal supporters of Trump's proposed border wall, and has warned the president repeatedly that he could lose in 2020 if he fails to follow through on his promise.

Trump, for his part, apparently unfollowed Coulter on Twitter in December shortly after she said she wouldn't support his reelection without a deal on a wall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-hits-ann-coulter-over-recent-criticism-maybe-i-didn%e2%80%99t-return-her-phone-call-or-something/ar-BBSP5hE?ocid=UE13DHP
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 11:31 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

neptuneblue wrote:
a myriad of people have been arrested and plead GUILTY for lying,
Everybody always lies to Congress. These are silly nonsense charges -- especially the ones that pretend that it was illegal for Trump to pay a slut to keep quiet about their sex life.

What's Mueller going to do next, go after people for going 5mph over the speed limit?

All righty now. (rubs hands together). So I'm ready for you to admit it was overkill to attempt to remove Clinton from the WhiteHouse because he lied about a BJ. You were on your high horse grumbling about the immorality of that administration...and NOW you claim everybody lies to Congress and it's nonsense to commit perjury and be held liable???? Please think about that a minute, you know that was your argument several years ago. I remember it vividly because that was all you (oral) needed back then to condemn or jail another person. Apparently, you are an inherently intolerant male, a male who would punish others simply you don't like them or because you are so insecure you suspect everyone is smarter and better informed than you. Thank the good lord above, or the cosmic muffin that the founding fathers were not shallow men.
glitterbag

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 11:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I don't think calling her a whore would be as accurate.

Is there a better term for someone who has sex with someone and then rushes to tell the world who she just had sex with?

Slut is the most accurate term that I can think of.

By your definition, Trump is a big fat slut.,
gungasnake

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 11:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
supremely stupid the first time you posted this Even stupider when you post it again.

I play to my audience. I DO post intelligent stuff for intelligent people albeit nobody would know that from the **** I post for YOU....
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 11:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Trump is a big fat slut.,

And the president. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 12:00 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Then get a better command of the English language.
I notice that you failed to suggest a better term for her.

neptuneblue wrote:
She got him on a technicality of a brokered contract.
The End.
Last I heard, she had to pay his legal bills. But none of that has anything to do with the fact that she is a slut.
oralloy

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 12:08 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
By your definition, Trump is a big fat slut.
Meh.

If you want to call him that, I won't mind.

I suspect that he won't mind either.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 12:22 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
All righty now. (rubs hands together). So I'm ready for you to admit it was overkill to attempt to remove Clinton from the WhiteHouse
The pursuit of Bill Clinton was justified revenge after the witch hunts against President Nixon, President Reagan, and Senator Packwood.

Had the Democrats not been conducting witch hunts against Republicans, the Republicans never would have bothered Bill Clinton.

glitterbag wrote:
because he lied about a BJ.
It was a bit more than a lie. It was perjury in a civil trial, perjury before a grand jury, obstruction of justice (sending Betty Currie to remove the gifts that he had given to Monica Lewinsky before investigators could find them), witness tampering (coaching Betty Currie on how she should testify in court), sexual harassment (Paula Jones), sexual assault (Kathleen Willey), and rape (Juanita Broaddrick).

glitterbag wrote:
You were on your high horse grumbling about the immorality of that administration...
It is fair for Republicans to respond in kind when Democrats conduct witch hunts against them.

It'll be a long time before we have a Democratic president again. But when we finally do, one day in the distant future, they will spend their entire presidency dodging impeachment inquiries as the Republicans take justified revenge for the witch hunt against Trump.

It is likely that the "grumbling" that you refer to was merely me pointing out that, since the Democrats said it was OK for Bill Clinton to commit all of those crimes, it is also OK for a Republican president to commit all of those crimes.

Not that any Republican president actually has committed those crimes, but leftists like to falsely accuse Republicans of imaginary crimes, so the topic comes up from time to time.

glitterbag wrote:
...and NOW you claim everybody lies to Congress and it's nonsense to commit perjury and be held liable????
Well, yes.

Setting aside the fact that everybody has always lied to Congress, since the Democrats said that Bill Clinton's crime spree was OK, these supposed crimes are trivial.

glitterbag wrote:
Please think about that a minute, you know that was your argument several years ago. I remember it vividly because that was all you (oral) needed back then to condemn or jail another person.
If the Democrats are going to persecute Republicans over nothing, it is quite fair for the Republicans to do the same to Democrats.

And if the Democrats are going to place themselves above the law, it is also fair for Republicans to do the same.

glitterbag wrote:
Apparently, you are an inherently intolerant male,
Well, I certainly can't abide evil.

glitterbag wrote:
a male who would punish others simply you don't like them
Perhaps. But I only dislike people who are evil.

glitterbag wrote:
or because you are so insecure you suspect everyone is smarter and better informed than you.
LOL! No. That's not an affliction that I suffer from. Be serious.

My IQ is 170. It is true that there are subjects that I do not know about. I do not know much about brain surgery, for example. But I am not particularly bothered by my lack of knowledge in those areas. I'm plenty informed about the areas that I care about.
gungasnake

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 12:35 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Quote:
All righty now. (rubs hands together). So I'm ready for you to admit it was overkill to attempt to remove Clinton from the WhiteHouse

The pursuit of Bill Clinton was justified revenge after the witch hunts against Nixon, Reagan, and Senator Packwood.

Bill KKKlinton is a gangster psychopath and it would have saved the lives of several thousand little Slavic Orthodox children if they HAD been able to remove him, althought that sort of thought would be sort of meaningless to somebody like glitterbag....

Walter Hinteler

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 12:44 am
$1.5 trillion U.S. tax cut has no major impact on business capex plans: survey
Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration’s $1.5 trillion cut tax package appeared to have no major impact on businesses’ capital investment or hiring plans, according to a survey released a year after the biggest overhaul of the U.S. tax code in more than 30 years.

The National Association of Business Economics’ (NABE) quarterly business conditions poll published on Monday found that while some companies reported accelerating investments because of lower corporate taxes, 84 percent of respondents said they had not changed plans. That compares to 81 percent in the previous survey published in October.

The White House had predicted that the massive fiscal stimulus package, marked by the reduction in the corporate tax rate to 21 percent from 35 percent, would boost business spending and job growth. The tax cuts came into effect in January 2018.

“A large majority of respondents, 84 percent, indicate that one year after its passage, the corporate tax reform has not caused their firms to change hiring or investment plans,” said NABE President Kevin Swift.

The lower tax rates, however, had an impact in the goods producing sector, with 50 percent of respondents from that sector reporting increased investments at their companies, and 20 percent saying they redirected hiring and investments to the United States from abroad.

The NABE survey also suggested a further slowdown in business spending after moderating sharply in the third quarter of 2018. The survey’s measure of capital spending fell in January to its lowest level since July 2017. Expectations for capital spending for the next three months also weakened.

“Fewer firms increased capital spending compared to the October survey responses, but the cutback appeared to be concentrated more in structures than in information and communication technology investments,” said Swift, who is also chief economist at the American Chemistry Council.

According to the survey, employment growth improved modestly in the fourth quarter of 2018 compared to the third quarter. Just over a third of respondents reported rising employment at their firms over the past three months, up from 31 percent in the October survey. The survey’s forward-looking measure of employment slipped to 25 in January from 29 in Octobe
oralloy

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 12:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
What Mr. Trump really needs to do is implement a 25% tariff on all cars made outside North America.

That'll have an impact.
glitterbag

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 02:38 am
@oralloy,
Brilliant.....What's wrong with you?
glitterbag

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 02:41 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Quote:

The pursuit of Bill Clinton was justified revenge after the witch hunts against Nixon, Reagan, and Senator Packwood.

Bill KKKlinton is a gangster psychopath and it would have saved the lives of several thousand little Slavic Orthodox children if they HAD been able to remove him, althought that sort of thought would be sort of meaningless to somebody like glitterbag....

You are always good for a laugh........Have you joined Dennie Hastert's support/empowerment Group......
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 02:41 am
@glitterbag,
Nothing.

Well, I'm a bit tired and need to get to bed. But otherwise I'm just awesome.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 03:24 am
Trump lifts sanctions on firms linked to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska
neptuneblue

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 05:49 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I notice that you failed to suggest a better term for her.

I don't need to. Labels are irrelevant.

oralloy wrote:
Last I heard, she had to pay his legal bills. But none of that has anything to do with the fact that she is a slut.

True, she has to pay for a lost judgement against a defamation suit. But she DID win the release from the non-disclosure agreement. In which case, calling any thing but her name is beside the point.

It's ironic you call out bad behavior on her part but conveniently leave out the fact Trump was married at the time. So, someone who is truthful gets insults hurled at them and someone who lied gets reveled. It seems your moral compass is not sitting upright,

As for throwing an ex-president into the mix just shows how doing something wrong instead of right is still considered ok by you. I don't defend Clinton for his actions nor Trump for his. However, having sex in the Oval Office and lying about it is small potatoes compared to colluding with a hostile foreign government and lying about it, Clinton got caught and paid the price by impeachment. As will Trump.
MontereyJack

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 07:27 am
@coldjoint,
My heart bleeds for coldjoint and his tender concern for all those corrupt GOP operatives whose crimes Mueller is uncovering by using standard prosecutorial tactics on. Oh the shame.
blatham

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 07:52 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Trump lifts sanctions on firms linked to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska
I for one am content that this administration (and the GOP) have been so assiduous in isolating US politics and intel operations from Russian activities and interests. Darned patriotic of them all.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 08:15 am
@blatham,
With royal blessings ...

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/69TXtGX.jpg
Olivier5

Mon 28 Jan, 2019 08:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Trump could benefit from reading the Bible, notably the beatitudes.