monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

glitterbag

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:41 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Again, there was in fact meddling and interference with the US election two years ago but had nothing to do with Russia. It involved the British Empire or whatever is left of that, house of lords,Rothschilds, London banks, MI5, MI6 etc. etc. and it was motivated by questions involving Brexit and tens of trillions of dollars of financial derivatives, much if not most of which are denominated in Euros, and the question of whether European governments would allow London banks to continue acting as clearing houses for those derivatives after Brexit.

Russia is a Christian nation. Russia generally does not participate in **** like that.

You made me laugh so hard I almost passed out, Oh dear God hahahahahahah 'Russia is a Christian nation' stop stop hoo hooo hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahhahhaahhahahahahahhahahah, your killing me.........I suppose Plutonium is a Sacrament....that's rich hahahahahaha
roger

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:46 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I've given up on image-management here a while ago, though I'll admit my ego stubbornly resisted for a few years. People think pretty little of me here now, to the extent they give it more than a shrug. OK.
For me, it seems to have worked. I am broadly loved and admired (see the recent dialogue between Roger and myself).

I've already forgotten. Is it possible you misread something?
gungasnake

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:51 am
Why President Trump doesn't simply declare an emergency and start the Army Corps of Engineers working on the wall:

0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:55 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
will you be laughing hysterically when #45 has to resign in disgrace?
i will...
Except, he is not going to have to resign. He will be our president for a full eight years. And after that the Republicans are going to win the next three presidential elections.

But it isn't very nice to hope to enjoy the suffering of an innocent person who is being persecuted merely for merely disagreeing with your ideology.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:57 am
@roger,
Quote:
I've already forgotten. Is it possible you misread something?
That is possible. Just last week I was reading comments from Bibi Netanyahu and it seemed clear to me that he was labeling the New Testament as fake news.
glitterbag

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 11:59 am
@blatham,
That's funny.
blatham

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
gungasnake wrote:
Yeah. Wasn't that a dilly.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:04 pm
@glitterbag,
Tah.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Pyramids on Mars, Biblical account of creation, denial of Srebrenica, claiming Neanderthals looked like this.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/fd/c6/e1fdc6e0becea1e54ace10219a63c44a.jpg

When in actual fact they looked like this.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/sites/default/files/styles/full_width/public/images/square/neanderthalensis_JG_Recon_Head_CC_3qtr_lt_sq.jpg?itok=Kmky0dPB

Add it to the huge pile of bollocks that only credulous simpletons will even entertain, that's pretty much all he posts.
coldjoint

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
When in actual fact they looked like this.

Is that a Polaroid?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:12 pm
Quote:
The group and its origins sound innocuous enough. But the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) — a right-wing group founded 36 years ago — has deepened connections between America’s religious right and Russians even as the latter have been sanctioned by the United States, according to a ThinkProgress investigation.

By networking with Russians, the HSLDA — now America’s largest right-wing homeschooling association — has provided the Kremlin with a new avenue of influence over some of the most conservative organizations in the United States.

...[Other ties between sanctioned Russians and the American far-right are well documented. From Christian fundamentalists to white supremacists to secession movements to fascists in the so-called “alt-right,” the links are as diffuse as they are damning. Not only have these networks brought Russian agents into close contact with higher-ups in the Republican party, but they’ve presented some of the primary threads of the Kremlin’s efforts at upending and unwinding American democracy.
TP
I'm embarrassed I hadn't thought of this possibility before.
glitterbag

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:18 pm
@blatham,
There was a time when I would have called this crazy talk, despite my many years as an analyst. Sadly, it is no longer all that far fetched. The Russians are patient, seductive and relentless. They will be the most understanding friend you ever met until they use you up.
blatham

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:25 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes. Up until 2 or 3 years ago, I would have thought the notion Russia would be working with the NRA to be far-fetched and unlikely. But now, knowing just the little we already know about Russian strategies of manipulation, it is (or ought to have been) obvious that the religious right would be a target of signal importance to Putin and crowd.
coldjoint

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:31 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
religious right

You sure have a hard on for Christians. Anything to say about Islam that is killing Christians wherever it can? Anything about the way they subjagate women? Anything about a religion that teaches hate for anything that is not Islamic?

I didn't think so.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:35 pm
@blatham,
The über religious right will forgive anything as long as you swear you have been saved/born again/or use any of the other buzz words. They make themselves easy pickings.
blatham

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:41 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes. And a tip of the hat to folks like you who did/do the work of digging into the darker parts of our world.
coldjoint

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:44 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Yes. And a tip of the hat to folks like you who did/do the work of digging into the darker parts of our world.

Including the ones that emptied the waste baskets?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:46 pm
@glitterbag,
They're cut from the same cloth as those who collaborated with the Nazis. There's a few would be Quislings on A2K.
coldjoint

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
They're cut from the same cloth as those who collaborated with the Nazis

You are collaborating with the Nazis that run your country. Why don't you admit free speech and individual rights mean nothing to you?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:54 pm
A really good piece (warning: it's not short) on the Women's March story from Rebecca Traister HERE
Quote:
But their success in refashioning a model for a women’s movement via a single event — even an epic and historically unprecedented one — did not leave Mallory and her fellow co-chairs as the long-term leaders of the new women’s resistance movement.