monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:38 am

Here comes the wall
McGentrix

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/4d830789d71eb44d81172b968ac5b9bc/tumblr_inline_nzfevykxev1rg0x34_500.jpg
layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:47 am
@Frugal1,
Quote:
For everyone who insisted that it was never going to happen, it looks like today will be the day. President Donald Trump is expected to sign an order which will begin the process of Building the Great Wall On Our Southern Border.

Well, OK, then!

Quote:
Trump is expected to welcome Mexican President Pena Nieto for a visit in the very near future. They’re going to be discussing trade for the most part but it’s a bit far fetched to think this isn’t going to come up. Keep in mind that there were two parts to the chanting going on at Trump’s rallies. Not only was he going to build the wall, but Mexico was going to pay for it. That was easy enough for the Mexican government to dismiss when they were assuming that Hillary Clinton would be president, but now reality is settling in.

Trump would probably settle for a couple of fine-ass Mexican hoz, eh?

I know I would.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:50 am
@McGentrix,
I don't think, McG, that you're a liar.
But since I didn't post what quoted as my response nor that I can see it here - your online access must have hacked, I think.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:53 am
Reminder from Steve Benen that, back when recounts were underway, Trump's lawyers said the following:
Quote:
In court filings submitted in an effort to block recount efforts by Green Party candidate Jill Stein in Michigan and Pennsylvania, attorneys for the president-elect stated unequivocally that there was, in fact, no evidence that any voter fraud had occurred.

The most direct statement was made in the Trump campaign’s filing in Michigan.

“On what basis does Stein seek to disenfranchise Michigan citizens? None really, save for speculation,” it reads. “All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake.

WP
layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:56 am
@blatham,
That's what bottom-feeders are there for, eh? To make false claims as needed to get what your client wants, ya know?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:02 am
A rather good point by Steve Benen:
Quote:
There’s no evidence of widespread voter fraud, but Trump wants an investigation. There’s ample evidence Russia launched an illegal espionage operation to help dictate the outcome of the American presidential election, but Trump doesn’t want an investigation.
Benen
layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:05 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

There’s ample evidence Russia launched an illegal espionage operation to help dictate the outcome of the American presidential election

Heh. No doubt this is another guy who you tout as being brilliant, eh, Blathy?

News flash: It was the Democrats who paid some Limey $25,000 a month to get "dirt" on Trump from the Russians.

All they got for their money was played.
0 Replies

jeager

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:09 am
Recall we had an election.
Trump won. Get over it.
Dow this morning was the highest in history.
I might have made a buck fifty. :>)
Elections you see. Happens every 4 years.
We survived b.j. Bill didn't we?
blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:10 am
Big winner in today's internationally famous "Read it as many times as you want and it still won't make sense" contest:
Quote:
"There are times, like anything else, it's not alternative facts, it's that there's sometimes you can watch two different stations and get two different weather reports," Spicer told Fox host Sean Hannity. "That doesn't mean the station was lying to you."
NYDailyNews
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:11 am
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

Quote:
Yo ass been suspended, Frug?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/34/29/7f/34297f52a881007e01ee6406c47a728c.jpg

You cant handle the truth! Son we live in a world that has walls, and those have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it you, you lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty, We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:12 am
@jeager,
Quote:
Recall we had an election.
Trump won. Get over it.

You possibly won't get what you want.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:23 am
You probably read that the WH is planning to "expand" the pool of news entities at briefings by picking some geographically distant (non DC) voices. I think we can guess what sorts of entities these will be.

But that won't be the only Pravda-style move these guys make.

I had not previously heard of LifeZette. Here's some data on them:
Quote:
[It's] a website founded and headed by conservative pundit and Trump cheerleader Laura Ingraham.

LifeZette was founded in 2015, and throughout the 2016 campaign was an avid participant in the phenomenon now dubbed “fake news,” trafficking in conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton.
In a video titled “Clinton Body Count,” released in April 2016, a LifeZette correspondent, over an ominous music track, suggests without evidence that the Clinton family may have had some role in John F. Kennedy Jr.’s plane crash, as well as deaths of various Democratic operatives.

According to The Intercept, the video garnered 400,000 shares and 14 million views.
Interestingly, the video — along with another article titled “ 10 People Under the Clinton Curse” that alleged the Clintons were somehow connected to “nearly 90 bodies” — have both disappeared from LifeZette’s website and social media feeds.
ThinkProgress

At Monday's briefing, the first news entity called on by Spicer was the New York Post (traditionally, the first question goes to AP).

At Tuesday's briefing, the first question went to LifeZette.

As I mentioned here back in November, my brother and wife were holidaying in Palm Springs and were told by an American couple there that there were some 90 people connected to the Clinton's who'd been found dead under mysterious circumstance. They also said that some of these bodies had been completely drained of blood.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:27 am
When you think liberal progressive democrat - you see this image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C23HGT8UAAEwJkU.jpg
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:36 am

MIT Climate Scientist Lindzen urges Trump: “Cut the funding of climate science by 80% to 90% until field clears’
Leadfoot

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:38 am
@layman,
Quote:
Trump would probably settle for a couple of fine-ass Mexican hoz, eh?

You think Trump would settle for second best compared to JFK?
0 Replies

layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:40 am
Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign several executive orders on Wednesday restricting immigration from Syria and six other Middle Eastern or African countries, according to several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

In addition to Syria, Trump’s orders are expected to temporarily restrict access to the United States for most refugees.

“From a legal standpoint, it would be exactly within his legal rights,” said Legomsky, who now is a professor at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis.

http://truthfeed.com/breaking-trump-to-ban-immigration-from-several-radical-islamic-countries/48573/

Well, OK, then!

(Thanks for the info, Frug)
layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:49 am
@layman,
Quote:
“From a legal standpoint, it would be exactly within his legal rights,” said Legomsky, who now is a professor at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis.

Don't go trying to tell that to the cheese-eaters who insist that everybody in the world, and his brother, have a CONSTITUTIONAL right to come here at will, eh?

They have attended a Democratic convention and learned the truth from a sharia law lovin muslim, it seems.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:10 am
@Frugal1,
pssst, Linzen actually is NOT a climate change denier. He published a well-understood "Iris theory" waay bqck in the Pleistocene. Its good science but NOT denial like you guys want to believe
Blickers

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:15 am
@jeager,
Quote jaeger:
Quote:
We survived b.j. Bill didn't we?

Survived? We thrived. When Bill Clinton was president the country GAINED 16 Million Full Time jobs. When his successor, George W was president, we gained only 2.7 Million Full Time jobs.
0 Replies