monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:09 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

giujohn wrote:
Penguin takes his car to get it fixed and during the wait it was awful hot so he goes to the store across the street and hangs out in frozen foods for awhile. When he comes back the mechanic says, Hey it looks like you blew a seal. And the penguin wipes his chin and says, No, that's just a little vanilla ice cream.

http://www.takepart.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/Seal82570217.jpg
"Hey, I think you've posted this naughty joke in the wrong topic. By the way, we baby seals hate penguins!"

Nope...It's where it belongs...This topic has become a joke. So keep you furry white mouth shut cuz I have a club and a coat rack with your name on it! You're nothin but a penguin hating bigot.
glitterbag

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:09 am
@georgeob1,
I doubt it, looks more like Mike Flynn to me.
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:15 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Really, Layman? Do you honestly think this is a good idea?

Of course he doesn't. He's trolling you and you ought not to respond.

Layman:

You trollin me boy? Don't you be trollin me now ya here? I don't take to no trollin. You must be some damn liberal preevert or sumthin. Don't make me git my shotgun boy.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:16 am
Quote:
Trump threatens to ‘send in the feds’ to address Chicago ‘carnage’

President Trump took to Twitter on Tuesday night to re-up the idea of sending federal law enforcement to Chicago if the city’s homicide rate doesn’t come down.

“If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible ‘carnage’ going on,” Trump wrote, “I will send in the Feds!”
WP
There's your traditional "Keep the Feds out and let the states handle it" conservatism.

But I suspect the chances of this happening about zero. What the hell would a Federal force do? Certainly not confiscate any sacred guns. I suppose he could get some mileage with his "Lock Her Up!" base through a shift to "Bayonet Black People!" but saner heads would hopefully prevail.

This is the sort of noise the asshole makes when media coverage of him is about something he doesn't like. And, of course, it's a dog-whistle to his white base many of whom have lingering suspicions about the cultural sophistication of darker skinned humans.
blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:21 am
From Garrison Keillor who nobody considers a real American

Quote:
Help us, GOP. You’re our only hope.

What we know so far is that the man is who he is. There is no larger, finer man inside him trying to get out. Everyone who is paying attention knows this. Flags flying at the Capitol, the U.S. Marine Band, gray eminences in black coats, and He Who Is Smarter Than Those With Intelligence delivers 16 minutes of hooey and horse hockey about corrupt politicians betraying the people, and American carnage, and patriotism healing our division, though the division is mainly about Himself and though love of country does not necessarily make people stupid.

There might as well have been a 14-year-old boy at the lectern saying that he is in possession of the Golden Goblet that will drive the Gimlets from Fredonia and preserve the Sacred Marmite of Lord Numbskull and his Nimrods.

The next day he motored out to the CIA and stood before the memorial wall honoring heroes who gave their lives in anonymity and he bitched about his newspaper coverage. The next day he boasted that his inauguration’s TV ratings were higher than those in 2013. The day after that, he told the congressional leadership that he lost the popular vote because millions of illegal votes were cast, which everyone in the room knew was a bald-faced lie, except perhaps Himself. The man is clueless, tightly locked inside his own small bubble. A sizable minority of Americans, longing for greatness or wanting to smack down an ambitious woman and to show those people in the hellhole coastal cities what the real America is all about, has elected him. To him, this minority is a mass movement such as the world has never seen. God have mercy.
more here and of course it's good
0 Replies

layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:47 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

What the hell would a Federal force do?

First thing they would do would be to go house to house demanding to see birth certificates, green cards, visas or other proof of citizenship/legal residence.

Ya aint got it? You're comin with us, boy.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:47 am
Today's outstandingest example of the certainness of some stuff
Quote:
President Trump’s nominee to become the nation’s budget director, Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), defended Tuesday his support of cuts to popular entitlement programs that Trump vowed to keep intact and emphasized that he would bring a “fact-based approach” to the role.
WP

This is a long-term goal of the radical portion of America's right wing. And they're now in a position of power to do it.

Social benefit programs only train people into life-long parasitism. Are there no workhouses? These indigent on purpose people just take and take and give nothing back unlike the job creators who do and so deserve incomes at 30X or 300X what the average guy in their employ scrape out.

Only the fit survive. Only the fit deserve to survie.
McGentrix

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:51 am
It's interesting to me how the left keeps up this whole bit about how Trump has disgraced the memorial wall at the CIA headquarters. I wonder if they are familiar with Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods who are on that wall and how disgraceful it is that they are on that wall.

More faux outrage at anything Trump does or says and then they wonder how anyone could possibly think they are full of bull excrement.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:55 am
Take a look at this! If you've been paying attention to things political in the US, the results aren't likely to surprise you, as depressing as they are.

Quote:
This is what Trump voters said when asked to compare his inauguration crowd with Obama’s

On Sunday and Monday, we surveyed 1,388 American adults. We showed half of them a crowd picture from each inauguration (see below) and asked which was from Trump’s inauguration and which was from Obama’s.

If the past is any guide, we would expect that Trump supporters would be more likely to claim that the picture with the larger crowd was the one from Trump’s inauguration, as doing so would express and reinforce their support for him.

...If a significant portion of Trump supporters are willing to champion obvious fabrications, challenging fabrications with facts will be difficult
. WP
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:56 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Only the fit survive. Only the fit deserve to survive.

Finally, something that is correct.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:58 am

Democrats Must Be Racist
The Dems are driving non-racists out of the party.
layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:00 am
Speaking of entitlements, these cheese-eaters think they are "entitled" to respect, just because they breathe.

Fraid not. Respect is something you have to earn.

They haven't earned it, don't get it, yet they DEMAND it 24/7.

About the only thing they're "entitled" to is a good bitch-slappin.
blatham

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:02 am
Quote:
Welcome to dystopia - George Orwell experts on Donald Trump

As Orwell writes: “Science, in the old sense, had almost ceased to exist. In Newspeak there is no word for science.”
Guardian
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:03 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

About the only thing they're "entitled" to is a good bitch-slappin.

Nonsense. They are entitled to the same freedom, rights and consequences as the meat-eaters or Bran-Flake-eaters.
layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:04 am
@Frugal1,
Yo ass been suspended, Frug?
layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:07 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

They are entitled to the same freedom, rights and consequences as the meat-eaters or Bran-Flake-eaters.

Exactly, Gent.

0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:13 am
On his way out the door, democrat Obama writes a $200 million check to the Palestinians - taxpayer money funding global terror.
One more mess Trump will need to clean up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3BF_RQVQAEpebw.jpg
Frugal1

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:15 am
@layman,
Quote:
Yo ass been suspended, Frug?

Yep, they couldn't handle the truth.
layman

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:17 am
@Frugal1,
Reminds me of this, eh, Frug:

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:34 am
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:
Yep, they couldn't handle the truth.
So you actually accuse the moderators of ... being what/doing what?