monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
many are educable. My dad and I were members in the 70's I left before he did. When they started to abandon sportsmanship, hunting, gun care, and the general "outdoor life" in favor of more strident tones and a "Stepford Wives" kinda patronage, they lost me (my dad came along a bit later , about when GWH Bush dropped his membership)
It got to the point that pistol and target ranges began requiring NRA membership to use the facilities. Then several states adopted gun safety training that supplanted the NRA affiliation at most target ranges.
gungasnake

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 06:54 am
Ruger 10/22, stainless, $275 on gunbroker.com, America's most basic little anti-rabbit/anti-possum device would require very little change to meet the military definition of an assault rifle. Again:

• Big enough to injure a human adversary badly enough to take him out of the battle.
  • Otherwise fairly small, easy to load up with lots of ammo and carry lots of ammo around. That says small caliber; the tradeoff is that you assume you're not shooting anything past about 300 meters which is normal for most military situations. This eliminates the idea of taking 600 meter shots with an assault rifle. One guy in the squad carries something which CAN do that.
  • Quick (aimed) follow on shots.
  • Light, easy to carry and manipulate.

https://gunphotos.blob.core.windows.net/gdphotos/E/0131186.jpg

Add a Picatinny rail, a 20-round mag, and make it in a somewhat larger rimfire cartridge, 25 caliber, 85 grain bullet, 2500 fps, and you have your military definition of an assault rifle in spades.

One advantage of a rimfire/non-flared cartridge is that a 20-round mag would not interfere with prone position shooting.
0 Replies

oralloy

@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
When they started to abandon sportsmanship, hunting, gun care, and the general "outdoor life" in favor of more strident tones and a "Stepford Wives" kinda patronage,
The NRA has not abandoned anything. They merely prevent you from violating people's civil liberties.
0 Replies

izzythepush

@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

many are educable.

Not any of the ones on A2K.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 07:42 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You stepped in it by showing me that youre entire argument is made of just one rather cartoonish point.

Not to mention a SIMPLE point.

Simple points from simple people.

Lucky guy he is.
coldjoint

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 11:59 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
is conditional on having part of one's brain removed.

You seem to do very well without a spine.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 12:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Typical of the "I know what's better for you" crowd...
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 12:33 pm
@maporsche,
@maporsche,
You engage in name-calling because you are not capable of adding anything intelligent to the conversation.
coldjoint

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 12:54 pm
Quote:
Media fabricated narrative about conservatives mocking Ocasio-Cortez dance video

The article explains how he MSM went about this.
Quote:
Another example of how a dishonest media manipulates political perceptions and narratives. Multiply it by a thousand times a year, year after year, and you understand the liberal privilege in this country.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/01/media-fabricated-narrative-about-conservatives-mocking-ocasio-cortez-dance-video/
maporsche

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:17 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

@maporsche,
You engage in name-calling because you are not capable of adding anything intelligent to the conversation.

This is NOT name calling.

I'm simply stating the fact, that you are indeed a very simple minded poster. This isn't even up for debate. It's a verifiable fact. We all see it, and we all understand you...and if we didn't before, the 1000th post using the same simplicity has made the point well enough.

Based on posts you've made (repeatedly...and repeatedly...and repeatedly) you are VERY simple (and repetitive).

This is NOT meant as an insult. Again, I'm very jealous of the simplicity that your mind operates in (based on your posts here).
coldjoint

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:23 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
We all see it, and we all understand you..

Is that all you got? I do not think "we" means anything to oralloy. It does not mean **** to me . Shocked
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:26 pm
@maporsche,
https://steemitimages.com/DQmdj1NGKV9zpNH5rNVUTMtmAttrCGhYChUN5pJQ4yspzjy/IMG-20180219-WA0008.jpg

Are you guys arguing with Da Vinci?
coldjoint

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:30 pm
Quote:
Macron follows globalist elite orders and arrests Yellow Vests leader Eric Drouet

Should Trump arrest Schumer and Pelosi? Oops, they are globalists, never mind.
Quote:
”the arrest and detention of Mr. Drouet is completely unjustified and arbitrary,” said Drouet’s attorney in a Thursday statement

http://theduran.com/macron-follows-globalist-elite-orders-and-arrests-yellow-vests-leader-eric-drouet-video/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:32 pm
@maporsche,
What do you think? DaVinci was a product of the Renaissance, and that was down to contact with Arabic Literature and Science. They hate **** like that, nobody had to think before the Renaissance, they were content to do as they were told.
coldjoint

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:34 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Are you guys arguing with Da Vinci?

Why not? You are arguing with our founding fathers and the Constitution. And not dong that well.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
and that was down to contact with Arabic Literature and Science.

No it was not. That is a myth from apologists.
Quote:
Beyond this, there are four basic reasons why Islam has little true claim to scientific achievement:

First, the Muslim world benefited greatly from the Greek sciences, which were translated for them by dhimmi Christians and Jews. To their credit, Muslims did a better job of preserving Greek text than did the Europeans of the time, and this became the foundation for their own knowledge. (Although one large reason is that access by Christians to this part of their world was cut off by Muslim slave ships and coastal raids that dominated the Mediterranean during this period).

Second, many of the scientific advances credited to Islam were actually “borrowed” from other cultures conquered by the Muslims. The algebraic concept of “zero”, for example, is erroneously attributed to Islam when it was, in fact, a Hindu discovery that was merely introduced to the West by Muslims.

In truth, conquered populations contributed greatly to the history of “Muslim" science until gradually being decimated by conversion to Islam (under the pressures of dhimmitude). As Mark Steyn puts it, "When admirers talk up Islam and the great innovations and rich culture of its heyday, they forget that even at its height Muslims were never more than a minority in the Muslim world, and they were in large part living off the energy of others."

The Muslim concentration within a population is proportional to the decline of scientific achievement. It is no accident that the Muslim world has had little to show for itself in the last 800 years or so, since running out of new civilizations to cannibalize.

Third, the accomplished scientists and cultural icons who were Muslim were often considered heretics in their day, sometimes with good reason. One of the greatest achievers to come out of the Muslim world was the Persian scientist and philosopher, al-Razi. His impressive works are often held up as 'proof' of Muslim accomplishment. But what apologists often leave out is that al-Razi was denounced as a blasphemer for following his own religious beliefs – which were in obvious contradiction to traditional Islam.

Fourth, even the contributions that are attributed to Islam (often inaccurately) are not terribly dramatic. There is the 'invention' of certain words, such as alchemy and elixir (and assassin, by the way) but not much else that survives in modern technology which is of practical significance. It is also highly improbable that such discoveries would not have been made by the West following the cultural awakening triggered by the Reformation.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/myths/science.aspx
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:58 pm
Trump to address nation at 9 pm ET Tuesday.
My bet is that he will repeat how beautiful the wall will be if the Democrats would approve it, and Mexico will still pay for it somehow...
and he is going to end the shutdown which he never wanted in the first place.
coldjoint

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 02:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
My bet

I would bet he gives the Dems their last warning before he proclaims the national emergency measures and builds the wall anyway.
Baldimo

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 02:05 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm sure the Army Corps of Engineers is more than up to the task of building the wall. The best part about that, is that no "unions" will be bidding the job and driving the costs up.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 7 Jan, 2019 02:23 pm
@Baldimo,
Trump can take control of privately owned land with the emergency laws, but wouldn't that (building the wall by the CoE) make the wall a "military" project? And wouldn't Congress still have to approve the money?