monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

livinglava

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 08:10 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Again, it is precisely the places which lack adequate technology and infrastructure where you see the ecological disasters. Austerity programs will create ecological disasters.

Driving, development/deforestation, and energy-consumption are the areas that cause the most waste/unsustainability and environmental harm. So if people would cut their transportation budgets to rely on walking/bicycling/transit instead of driving, that would make a huge difference.

This would mean they'd have to put more ingenuity into designing efficient systems for distributing food and goods to retail outlets closer to home. Generally, it would make room for reforestation throughout sprawling areas and wide multilane road/highway corridors.

All these reforms would save money as well as energy and other resources, and it would make it possible to restore trees and other carbon-absorbing life back into areas that have been deforested by development.
glitterbag

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 08:37 pm
@snood,
It's stunning.
gungasnake

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 08:39 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Where do you think the energy for "the planet's body chemistry" originates?

Ultimately, in cosmic Birkeland currents which are created by the charge separation in the plasma environment of space.
roger

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 08:41 pm
@gungasnake,
Breathtaking.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 08:44 pm
@livinglava,
There is another mistake you're making in assuming an evolutionist general paradigm: You are assuming that humans have ever lived on this planet without technology or infrastructure as in the "Naked and Afraid" non-reality program shown on cable channels. That also is wrong. Humans are not designed for this particular planet and have never lived here other than via technology and infrastructure. Humans living here is a forced fit.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 09:17 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
Driving, development/deforestation, and energy-consumption are the areas that cause the most waste/unsustainability and environmental harm. So if people would cut their transportation budgets to rely on walking/bicycling/transit instead of driving, that would make a huge difference.
Or we could start using clean safe nuclear power and not have to reduce our energy consumption.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 09:49 pm

Journalist exposes Mueller/Stzrok, dead days later...

https://neonnettle.com/news/6089-journalist-dies-suddenly-just-days-after-exposing-mueller-strzok-cover-up-

Quote:

A conservative journalist and pundit has died suddenly, just days after she broke a news story alleging that special counsel Robert Mueller and his team had deleted evidence proving anti-Trump bias at the FBI and Justice Department.26-year-old Bre Payton was considered a rising star, working as a staff writer at The Federalist, co-hosting the "Problematic Women" podcast, and frequently appearing as a guest on outlets like Fox News Channel, Fox Business Channel, and One America News Network.Bre was found, unresponsive and barely breathing, by her friend in San Diego last week.The 26-year-old California native was admitted to the ICU at a local hospital on early on Thursday morning and tragically passed away on Friday.....

READ MORE: https://neonnettle.com/news/6089-journalist-dies-suddenly-just-days-after-exposing-mueller-strzok-cover-up-
© Neon Nettle

0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 09:52 pm
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49622932_2076057269151954_7164296884733870080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=03bc1e75143c9cb49d3272eaaa015d74&oe=5CC58188
Glennn

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 09:57 pm
Well, yeah. If you believe that you're not a product of programming, then you need to get with the program.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 10:02 pm
@gungasnake,
In the sense that the media broadcasts his debates, speeches, television interviews, and tweets....then sure, I guess it’s the media’s fault.

I mean, it can’t be the actual words coming out of Trumps mouth...it’s the cameras fault for recording them.
coldjoint

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 12:03 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
media broadcasts his debates, speeches, television interviews,

They broadcast sound bites that suit their narrative.
maporsche

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 12:08 am
@coldjoint,
What context should I have taken the “grab them by the pussy” video that would have made it ok?
coldjoint

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 12:25 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
What context should I have taken the “grab them by the pussy”

You really can cast a stone? You have never degraded women with your male friends? Sure thing. Get off the morality, Trump sucks at it, everyone sucks at it. Debate the issue not what you think someone's character is. They have a job to do. Evaluate them on their performance.

I forgot, do not tell me you were in High School when it happened, it does not matter.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 12:43 am
@livinglava,
figure out how much firewood youre going to need and then make pronouncements. Here in Pa, until the early 1930's most of our northern tier forests of Pine nd Oak hickory were completely logged out . Ive got pix I use in classes showing what our hills looked like with bare stumps. In fact, theres only about 150 Acres of old growth forest left in Pa and Its in Cook Forest State Park. I take field trips there to show students what an untouched forest looks like, Its really not very pretty what with rotting timber and deep forest duff/
gungasnake

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 01:28 am
@farmerman,
There is an opening in the world for somebody to become the Andrew Carnegie of carbon fiber. We should not be building with steel, concrete, or forest products, particularly old growth forest products, any more.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 01:42 am
Well, this used to be an interesting thread for monitoring Trump. Guess I'll go back to Yahoo News - it's no more biased than A2k.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 02:13 am
@roger,
The BBC asks: Why did Trump's love affair with US generals turn sour?
Quote:
[... ... ...]
In choosing military men for such high profile positions, President Trump did not then get what he expected.

As the leading expert on US civil-military relations, Professor Eliot Cohen of Johns Hopkins University, told me, "the most interesting thing in all of this is the fact that the military so deeply embodies the post-World War II American foreign policy consensus."

This means, he explained, that "they believe in our alliance system, in global engagement, in persistent policies (including the Forever Wars), and in preserving the social values of the last half century (note their stand on transgender service personnel). This was not in tune with the president's own outlook."

Eliot Cohen is no fan of Mr Trump. But his expertise is such that he gave evidence before the Senate Armed Services Committee when it met to decide if long-standing restrictions might be waived to allow the relatively recently retired James Mattis to take up the post of defence secretary.

"Mr Trump", he says, "has an adolescent view of the military as a bunch of tough guys who, moreover, would be personally loyal to him. Again and again, he has found out that they really aren't that way."

gungasnake

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 02:27 am
0 Replies

roger

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 02:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'm not so sure he'll be all that content with his Supreme Court appointments. Just wait till he finds he can't fire them, too.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 02:37 am
@gungasnake,
Now thast is really stupid. People detest the president because of what he has repeatedly said and done. It's not the media. It's Trump.