monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Then, you must have agreed with Bush about Saddam.
coldjoint

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:32 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll

They spelled "Marxist" wrong.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Robert Reich

The guy who said Trump's presidency could be annulled. Consider the source.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Yep. Throwing the Kurds under the bus by this move is my only gripe about it, otherwise, let Russia handle the morass. For the most part, the US has been backing certain SOB regimes, e.g. Saudi Arabia and Israel, over other SOB regimes, namely Iran and Syria. **** the SOB regimes.
InfraBlue

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:37 pm
I haven't been watching FOXNews lately. What their take on the Syria pullout?
Lash

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:43 pm
@InfraBlue,
Hear, hear!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:45 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
let Russia handle the morass.

Everyone forgets about all the Muslims who say they do not wish to live this way, where are they?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
That is, I think, right on the money. We've known for over two years that the Koch crowd wanted Pence in the top spot. And I've been writing for two years that any hopes Trump would be given the boot or forced to resign has to be tempered with the understanding that:
1) Pence would replace him
2) This replacement, tethered to a massive marketing campaign across right wing media and flowing into mainstream media as well, will provide a real opportunity to rebrand the GOP and conservatism (just as the "Tea Party" was used to rebrand the GOP and conservatism after the disastrous Bush years). "Trump was not a real conservative", they will say just as they said it about Bush (both father and son, actually).
And the GOP voters' memory hole will spread open to disappear the past and help them now gobble up what they are being fed.

As Reich's contact suggests, the next two years will be very ugly indeed. Even given such a rebranding and presuming I'm right about how most GOP voters will respond in two years, the GOP knows it cannot retain/maintain power unless they violate the fundamentals of representative democracy through voter suppression, redistricting and operating as they are now in Wisconsin and Michigan.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 02:56 pm
@snood,

snood wrote:

Since no one knows how long the shutdown would be, the government workers would have to work without a paycheck starting from right before Christmas, and continuing indefinitely. Money in the bank indeed.

It wouldn’t be the first time. If the Taxpayers ever thought about the amount of money it takes to organize a shutdown and then to reopen perhaps they would consider such things more carefully. I was working during the Gingrich engineered shutdown, it was soul crushing but not because of the money. All departments were declared to be non-essential except Human Resources/Personnel. I remember getting in an elevator and when the doors closed, an older employee (not one I worked with) turned to me as just said “Can you believe they are doing this to us?”. I knew exactly what he meant, we have to be ready to fly off on a moments notice when needed. You might arrive at work at 7 AM and learn your office has just gone 12 on 12 off because all hell broke loose somewhere in the world. You will not be allowed time off and you might work 24 days straight or longer because that’s what has to happen. Vacation planned? Tough nuts, you can’t go. And no, the federal Govt will not cover your losses. But the Intell community employees know what they signed up for, so we willingly assume the responsibilities.....but it’s galling to see the government shut down because of a fit of pique.
Lash

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
I wonder if the FOX take is as schizophrenic as the one around here.

Since the Dems are now pro-warmongering, the Former warmongers should be on Trump’s side, backing their team above their historic ideology. Somebody share what Fox is saying.

Edit: Looks like you guys all agree with Fox. Not a surprise to me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/2018/12/21/he-just-refounded-isis-fox-news-bucks-trump-again-trump-is-listening-again/&freshcontent=1
RABEL222

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:24 pm
Does anyone have any idea how much Trump and his kids got in monatary value from Turkey for pulling our troops out of syria. We might check with Russia while we're at it. I wonder how many American citizens will die when turkey let's the islamists go in order to kill off the u s allies in syria that Trump has just abandoned. This sob just does what his friends the autocratic murderers pay him to do. Bet when his term is over he and all his family moves to russia.
coldjoint

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:32 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
kill off the u s allies in syria

No one who believes in Islam is our ally. Time we realized that.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:35 pm
Quote:
Anti-Israel BDS Donation Site in US Blocked Due to Terror Links

Go figure. Not a surprise.
https://unitedwithisrael.org/us-fundraising-site-blocks-anti-israel-boycotters-for-terror-ties/#.XB0KHq1j6Pc.twitter
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:35 pm
@RABEL222,
Turkey is going to go after the allies in Syria themselves. They've been announcing their offensive for a few days now. Russia has the goal of eradicating ISIS, along with the rebels, in Syria. I don't see Americans dying because of this.
Builder

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:38 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I wonder if the FOX take is as schizophrenic as the one around here.

Thanks for the breakfast chuckles. Nearly spat my coffee on the laptop. ;-)

The depth of denial in this place is what really intrigues me.

Show some info that blows their house down, and immediately the source is attacked, or the sock puppets come out to vote it off the page.

This one will most likely go the same path.

Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

Quote:
Claas Relotius, who was once named CNN Journalist of the Year, resigned from his job as a writer and editor at German news magazine Der Spiegel after confessing to purveying fake news on a 'grand scale.'

source

So who can ya trust these days?

Builder

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:42 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Russia has the goal of eradicating ISIS, along with the rebels, in Syria. I don't see Americans dying because of this.

It's all about Israhell's rabid thirst for resource wealth, and has been all along.

With Rupert Mudrock heavily invested in the Golan heights, the misinformation factor is YUUUUUUUUUUUGE on anything to do with Syria.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:44 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
or the sock puppets come out to vote it off the page.

You have noticed that too? Shocked
coldjoint

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:53 pm
Quote:
Trump Administration Will Require Millions of Able-Bodied Welfare Recipients to Get a Job

OH! The humanity Laughing
https://godfatherpolitics.com/trump-administration-will-require-millions-of-able-bodied-welfare-recipients-to-get-a-job/
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
You have noticed that too?

All The Time.

They bang on about Russian influence, while ignoring the fact that Israhell and Saudis (Jews in disguise) are pulling the strings and have been for decades.

Good on #45 for rocking their boat.
Lash

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 04:08 pm
Name-calling egomaniac, you just can’t bear to be wrong.

By the way, I said it silently...*and correctly*

You’re on the side of Fox News, btw. Just in case you missed it ☺️
0 Replies