monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

RABEL222

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 07:54 pm
@dlowan,
And as commander and chief he controls the military. He could be the first president to order the army to shut down congress.
RABEL222

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 07:56 pm
@roger,
But there is Fox news, the conservative lap dog. I bet they never lose their place.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:12 pm
@blatham,
I mistrust any one who is an obvious liar. tRump and Kelly and his press sec. are obviously liars of the first order as proven by their own words.But,but,Clinton!!!
Sshe aint president so no matter how many lies you claim she told they dont mean shyt.
Not meant for you Blatham. Meant for the conservatives who are about to blast me for hypocracy. Of which they know nothing.
RABEL222

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:30 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
That's the moral vision.

Immoral
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Who are you threatening here?

Me and CI. Me the liberal, CI as the progressive.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:43 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I'm a woman, gaddammit.

Sorry, sorry! I apologize, I abase myself. Please forgive me. { it was just a phrase]. Laughing
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:49 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Take a gander at the Constitution and anything not clearly delineated a federal government job is where I would like it to step aside.

Does that include corporations are people with the right to vote BS.
cicerone imposter

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:50 pm
@RABEL222,
Clinton has her share of lies. That's the reason many do not trust her.
RABEL222

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But they mean nothing now.
cicerone imposter

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:54 pm
@RABEL222,
It meant a lot when she ran for office.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 10:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Clinton has her share of lies. That's the reason many do not trust her.

And the treason...Don't forget the treason.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 10:25 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

And as commander and chief he controls the military. He could be the first president to order the army to shut down congress.

What paranoid bullshit. That would be an illegal order...Military personnel are not compelled to follow illegal orders. Loosen you tin foil hat.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 10:30 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I mistrust any one who is an obvious liar. tRump and Kelly and his press sec. are obviously liars of the first order as proven by their own words.But,but,Clinton!!!
Sshe aint president so no matter how many lies you claim she told they dont mean shyt.
Not meant for you Blatham. Meant for the conservatives who are about to blast me for hypocracy. Of which they know nothing.

But as Sec. of State she committed treason...Yeah leave it to a rabid liberal to say that doesn't mean ****.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 10:36 pm
It appears the "Trump is a monster" crowd is running out of gas -- the breathtaking issues like the persistent effrontery of Trump's words; the size of the crowds at the inauguration; or the secret conspiracy with Russia to steal the election from Hillary ( remember her?). Trump certainly appears to be adept at effortlessly (and possibly unconsciously ) keeping the left spun up in a state of constant hyperindignation. In this, his several faults may well be a marvelously effective weapon for dissipating the energy of his opponents, while he gets needed things done.

It will be very hard for him, or anyone, to get done at the start all that he so blithely promised. However, the pace he has set do far appears to be enough to capture the attention of everyone .... for the near term at least. In terms of policy, it won't be hard for Trump to eclipse the hapless Obama. However, ACA and its successor, whatever it may be, will remain contentious, no matter what the Republicans do -- Democrats will imagine that its impending collapse under its own contradictions would not have occurred, while those who now oppose it will resent whatever elements of the coercive hand of government control of health care remains in the successor.

It is in foreign relations, immigration and the performance of our economy thast Trump can make his mark. Not all of the manufacturing jobs lost to lower wage competitors can be regained, however, with a reduction in the dead hand of government regulation and corporate taxation, a great deal of progress can be made, and both appear on the near horizon. Simiularly the firm enforcement of existing immigration law and imprroved border security, are readily achievable and will make a huge difference in that area. Investments in public infrastructure accompanied by a sharp reduction in the bloat of our vast governmnent bureaucracy and the renationalization of stranded overseas capital to help pay for it can also make a big difference. ( Trump could start by eliminating the 2-3% of the unionized Federal work force who are merely "shop stewards" , or union employees drawing a salary from the Federal treasury).

Lots of low hanging fruit out there.
cicerone imposter

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 11:03 pm
@georgeob1,
Trump is more. He's a racial bigot, scammer and liar.
Bigot: https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/29/opinion/donald-trumps-bigotry.amp.html?client=safari
Scammer: https://www.washingtonpost.com/?tid=a_inl-amp
Lies: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Yes, George. As long as you defend Trump, I will gladly show how wrong you are.
I gladly repeat why you are wrong.

I'll never let a racial bigot get the last word.
georgeob1

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 11:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Has it occurred to you that you are becoming a bit monotonous and reptitious.
cicerone imposter

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 11:14 pm
@georgeob1,
You're a whitey who never suffered from discrimination. I have.
glitterbag

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 11:18 pm
@georgeob1,
And those of us who worked Intell were horrified by the clown performance in front of the Memorial wall at CIA. That duplicitous asshole dishonored the men and women who died in service to their country. He used that wall as a prop to brag about his Time mag covers and complain about reporters......IN FRONT OF A MEMORIAL TO THE DEAD. if any of you want to spin that, just stop, just freaking stop, because those people died trying to protect YOU. Don't be dopes or ungrateful bastards, just shut up. Those stars are as important as the names on the Vietnam Nam memorial or the names of the dead from Iraq and Afghanistan. Just be grateful there are people who will put
their lives on the line for a bunch of sendintary assholes who like to complain about how some people suck the life out of America.
glitterbag

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 11:20 pm
@georgeob1,
And shame on you for calling CI monotonous. Apologists for corrupt orange people have no credibility.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 24 Jan, 2017 12:41 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Has it occurred to you that you are becoming a bit monotonous and reptitious.

A 'bit!?"

I am often amazed that babies can scream and cry, virtually at the top of their lungs, for such extended periods as they do. But, no matter how loud, or how prolonged, they will always eventually "cry themselves to sleep," ya know?
0 Replies