monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

maporsche

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:37 pm
@Builder,
Glass Steagal was in 1933 a full 76 years before Obama.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:43 pm
@coldjoint,
Hillary whipped Trump's ass in the election. It was only a STATISTICAL
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:43 pm
@Builder,
Oh, the repeal being the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act.

As in:
Phil Graham (REPUBLICAN)
Jim Leach (REPUBLICAN)
Thomas Bliley (REPUBLICAN)

I'm sure most republicans at the time were completely opposed to this piece of bi-partianship....oh wait, 258-16 was the breakdown on the Republican side (it was 139-113 on the Democratic side). So no, this was very much a Republican supported piece of legislation (with 94% voting in favor).

All of this was done 10 years before Obama took office.

MontereyJack

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:46 pm
@coldjoint,
Hillary whipped Trumpl's ass in the election. It eas only a statistical wuirk in the eay the Electoral College has come to act that gave him the presidency. The public doesn't support him. His agenda is massively unpopular. That's why he lost the House in the midterms. Lock HIM up and elect Hillary in 2020. It's the right thing to do.
Builder

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:52 pm
@maporsche,
If it was totally a Republican ploy, they did so very well in getting president Clinton to sign it.

I posted above about the timing. Late edit, sorry.

There were various Senate inquiries into the 2007-8 GFC, which clearly identified the culprits, and the cause, and Obama did nothing about these results. He actually appointed several of the perps to staff jobs.

This is all documented clearly in the Sony production "Inside Job". I will share a link if you haven't seen it.

https://vimeo.com/20853241
coldjoint

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Hillary whipped Trumpl's ass in the election.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Builder

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:57 pm
@coldjoint,
MJ is clearly from California.
MontereyJack

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 04:04 pm
@Builder,
I'm a continent away, doofus.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 04:07 pm
@coldjoint,
She got almost 3 million more votes. and there was no voter fraud. Clear evidence of who the country panted for pres. And it was not Donniebaby.
Builder

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 04:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
She got almost 3 million more votes.

Undocumented immigrants only. One state in how many?

You might be one continent away, but all the same information is available to you, as it is to me. Doofus. Drunk Laughing
maporsche

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 04:20 pm
@Builder,
If only those 3 million illegals weren’t so damn sneaky. Maybe if if the Justuce department officials or investigative branches of government could even find one to prosecute.

They’re harder to catch than Batman or Sasquatch.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 04:31 pm
@Builder,
There is still ZERO evidence that 3 million illegal votes were cast. Just another of the 5000 documented Tump lies.
maporsche

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 04:51 pm
@Builder,
I was 16 years old when this bill was signed and not one bit into politics. I have no memories of any of this and I know not the history.

I do know that you'll find many democrats and left leaning people who often lament some of the bipartisanship that Clinton engaged in. This is all of course after-the-fact complaining, as Clinton enjoyed quite high public opinion on his job performance for most of his presidency.

That leads me to think that most of country, which I believe was more moderate in the 1980's and 1990's compared to today, approved of these actions. Despite Clinton signing this bill (which often happens as politicking to get other bills passed, among many other divided government strategies), it was introduced by Republicans and 94% of them voted for the measure.

Don't tell me that if if Bob Dole had won in 1996 that he would have vetoed this bill.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 04:57 pm
@Builder,
You probably know this, but looking at a quick google search, there are many that disagree with the Republican sponsored repeal having anything to do with the recession in 2007.

https://danieljmitchell.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/glass-steagall-and-financial-mythology/

Quote:
Steven Pearlstein of the Washington Post – another columnist who has never been accused of being in love with free markets – is similarly baffled. And for the same reasons. The facts simply don’t match the left-wing narrative.

Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch — three institutions at the heart of the crisis — were pure investment banks that had never crossed the old line into commercial banking. The same goes for Goldman Sachs, another favorite villain of the left. The infamous AIG? An insurance firm. New Century Financial? A real estate investment trust. No Glass-Steagall there. Two of the biggest banks that went under, Wachovia and Washington Mutual, got into trouble the old-fashioned way – largely by making risky loans to homeowners. Bank of America nearly met the same fate, not because it had bought an investment bank but because it had bought Countrywide Financial, a vanilla-variety mortgage lender. Meanwhile, J.P. Morgan and Wells Fargo — two large banks with big investment banking arms — resisted taking government capital and arguably could have weathered the crisis without it.
coldjoint

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 05:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
There is still ZERO evidence that 3 million illegal votes were cast.

There is zero evidence Kavanaugh is a sexual predator or that Trump colluded with Russia. Does that win the argument? Someone should let people know it does not work that way.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 05:55 pm
@maporsche,
Still in denial that prez Clinton signed the bill, right?

Try watching the video. Obama aided and abetted the peeps.
maporsche

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 05:57 pm
@Builder,
That's a disappointing response to my post.

Nite.
Builder

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 06:42 pm
@maporsche,
It's mid morning here. Working day.

I'm shattered at your disappointment though.
Hope you're able to sleep.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 12 Nov, 2018 08:08 pm
rudy rudy rudy

https://observer.com/2018/11/rudy-giuliani-wife-claims-he-spent-thousands-on-mistress/

having an affair
distressing his 3rd wife, who was once his mistress
not distressing his second wife, who was a previous mistress
not concerning his first wife, who was his 2nd cousin

family values for sure
Below viewing threshold (view)