monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 01:47 pm
Quote:
WHIPPED

Quote:
That’s all you got?

Two years of non-stop campaigning, denouncing and doxing — and all the Resistance has to show for it is a House majority smaller than the one Republicans currently have and a net loss of three Senate seats? (Thank you, Justice Brett Kavanaugh!)

Democratic leaders may try saying, “THIS IS JUST WHAT WE WANTED! We wanted to be down by three Senate seats.” But I think their voters are saying, We were hoping for more of a rebuke.

The media exhausted itself on this election! Can they go back to that level of hysteria today?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://humanevents.com/2018/11/08/pssy-hats-whipped/
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 02:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh wow. Your colleagues are still allowed to make eye contact, I hope.

To illustrate that these things are culture-specific, in a land far far away from Canada, at 9:00 am today I came to an appointment in a high rise building but didn't know on which floor the person was. In a crowded elevator, I asked: "Sorry, I'm a bit lost. Would any of you know where I can find Mr. X from division Y?"

This lady answered: "I work with him, follow me."
Me: Oh thanks!
Her, in prolonged eye contact: I hope we get lost together.
Another guy: Why? Getting lost is bad.
Her: Depends with whom.
Entire elevator: Ha ha ha!

She then very professionally led me to the person's office and went off to her work day. Needless to say, I wasn't offended. In fact she made my day.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 02:17 pm
@Baldimo,
It actually happened to me on my first week on the job in a New York company, decades ago. I was summoned by the boss because I had complemented a female colleague on her stupendous red robe.

For the years that followed, I stayed away from any similar comment to any female colleague but often found myself complementing my male colleagues on their attire. "Look at you!" "I love the bow tie." These sorts of pep talk. Guess I needed to compensate.
Baldimo

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 02:30 pm
@Olivier5,
It has gotten so bad, that when I worked at Comcast, this was over 10 years ago, we had a gay male Manager who was demoted for sexually harassing a woman.
This man was so gay, let me tell you how gay he was, we had a contest in the call center to make a poster of your manager. With his full approval and even providing some of his own clothing, we made him look like a Fairy Godmother with all the flair and sparkle you could imagine one having. We won the contest and to celebrate, he had his own fairy costume made up that he wore to work that day, when I say fairy outfit I'm not kidding, you could feel the gay radiating from 100 feet away, it was fabulous. That guy got busted for sexually harassing a female co-worker...
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 02:43 pm
Quote:
Dems prey on constitutional ignorance over Sessions ouster

They are lying to the public, plain and simple. They need a civics class and a cup of STFU.

Quote:
When the “Constituitonal Crisis™” drumbeats start pounding, it’s usually around the idea that the president doesn’t have the power to fire the head of some “fourth branch” board, agency, or bureau (which he does).

What the Constitution actually does, however, is vest executive power in the president of the United States and give him the authority with advice and consent of the Senate to “appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for.” Cabinet members are officers of the United States.

You know what a bigger constitutional crisis would be? Too many of our fellow citizens don’t seem understand how the Constitution and the separation of powers outlined therein actually work, and there are too many politicians and pundits waiting to pounce on that ignorance like a coiled spring.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/dems-prey-on-constitutional-ignorance-over-sessions-ouster/
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 02:45 pm
@Baldimo,
I'm not gay but appreciate being touchy-feely with friends. Like they would routinely do in the US in the good old days.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 02:48 pm
Quote:
Non-Racist, Non-Sexist Left Shames White Women for the Scourge of a Crushed Blue Wave

Are they serious? Are they non racist or non sexist? Does not look like it.
https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/2018/11/08/white-women-midterm-elections/
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:02 pm
I've worked in a corporation for almost 20 years and I have had quite a different experience than what I'm reading here.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:15 pm
Quote:
The View’s Joy Behar Blames Gerrymandering for Democratic Senate Losses

Ignorance abounds. Lack of knowledge is ignorance.
Quote:
Joy Behar of The View displayed her lack of knowledge on Wednesday when she blamed the Democratic Senate losses in the midterm elections on gerrymandering – despite that U.S. Senators represent the whole state rather than individual districts.

https://www.aim.org/on-target-blog/the-views-joy-behar-blames-gerrymandering-for-democratic-senate-losses/
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:23 pm
Quote:
Fox's Howard Kurtz: It was a "misstep" for the White House to smear Jim Acosta with a "doctored video put out by InfoWars"

ANDRA SMITH (CO-ANCHOR): Sarah Sanders put out this tweet in response to revoking his press pass. They stand by that decision. She's most recently tweeted, "President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as White House intern." The White House Correspondents' Association, however, making it clear that they do not support this decision:"The Correspondents' Association strongly objects to the Trump administration's decision to use U.S. Secret Service security credentials as a tool to punish a reporter with whom it has a difficult relationship. Revoking access to the White House complex is a reaction out of line to the purported offense and is unacceptable." Howie?

HOWARD KURTZ (FOX NEWS MEDIA ANALYST): Yeah, I think it's a misstep on the part of the White House to claim that Jim Acosta was laying his hands on this young intern who tried to take the mic away. The contact was very incidental. I also think it was a misstep for Sarah Sanders to tweet out a doctored video put out by Infowars, the Alex Jones' conspiracy site that kind of made it look more aggressive than it was. His real offense here was being rude, as the president said, and he called him a terrible person. I don't know, President Trump knew what he was getting when he called on Jim Acosta, maybe he wanted some kind of confrontation. If so, Acosta played into his hands. But now you have CNN, you know, which says it tries to cover the president fairly, putting out a statement saying that the president's attacks on the press are un-American -- that's a really strong word. And so another setback for the relationship, the very tense relationship, as we saw throughout that 90 minute news conference between the president and some of his questioners.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018/11/08/foxs-howard-kurtz-it-was-misstep-white-house-smear-jim-acosta-doctored-video-put-out-infowars/222031

I don't think this is playing quite the way they want it played, but it is unfortunately, playing.
coldjoint

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:27 pm
Quote:
EU Hails Democrats’ Gains in the Midterms

If the EU thinks this is good is another good reason to ignore whatever they say. Fascists support fascists.
https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/11/eu-hails-democrats-gains-in-the-midterms/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:29 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I don't think this is playing quite the way they want it played, but it is unfortunately, playing.

No doubt in my mind if Acosta is banned from the WH our republic will crumble. Get over it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:35 pm
@revelette1,
These people treat Trump and his administration with kid gloves. "Misstep"? It was fraud. "Un-American a really strong word"? It's not nearly strong enough given the fraud they tried to perpetrate.
coldjoint

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:45 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
These people treat Trump and his administration with kid gloves

What a ridiculous thing to say. He has been attacked relentlessly for 3 years.
RABEL222

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 03:58 pm
@coldjoint,
You misspelled attacking.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:28 pm
@coldjoint,
I was referring to FoxNews.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:28 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Where was the outrage when Obama barred a reporter, simply because he didn't like the question?

Revoking the press pass of one person is no big deal. CNN can still cover Trumps press conferences, they just need to get another reporter to do it.
Acosta has made it clear he dislikes Trump, but there is a time and place to show some decorum.
In the military, we were told that even if you don't respect the person, respect the rank.
I believe that jim Acosta has forgotten that simple concept.

Obama had a rude and obnoxious reporter thrown out of the White House and the WH Press Corps cheered. Prior to the order to toss him, they gave Obama their permission by chanting "Throw him out!"

They are a bunch hypocritical liars.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:29 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I know they really should rename the WH press briefing to something like WH spin room.

Are you naive enough to think that any administration does not spin things their way? Why is Trump and his administration not allowed to do what every other administration has done since this country's inception?

OMG, Democrat presidents never did this! Geez but you're a cynic.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 04:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

mysteryman wrote:

Where was the outrage when Obama barred a reporter, simply because he didn't like the question?

Revoking the press pass of one person is no big deal. CNN can still cover Trumps press conferences, they just need to get another reporter to do it.
Acosta has made it clear he dislikes Trump, but there is a time and place to show some decorum.
In the military, we were told that even if you don't respect the person, respect the rank.
I believe that jim Acosta has forgotten that simple concept.

Obama had a rude and obnoxious reporter thrown out of the White House and the WH Press Corps cheered. Prior to the order to toss him, they gave Obama their permission by chanting "Throw him out!"

They are a bunch hypocritical liars.

If you trust Snopes, you can see what ACTUALLY happened.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-reporter-press-conference/

Quote:
This clip documents an incident which took place at a July 2015 event at the White House in honor of LGBT Pride Month. President Obama was delivering a speech (not taking questions at a press conference) when a protester (not a reporter) interrupted and shouted at him to demand an end to the deportation of LGBT immigrants: