monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 06:15 am
@hightor,
Snort! You're having trouble winking and farting at the same time.

Poor lad.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 06:27 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
CNN is not a news service at all, which means he's not a reporter.
Well, besides what has been already said above (he's actually the chief White House correspondent for CNN) is a "reporter" only a person with a "news service"?
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 06:50 am
@Builder,
Quote:
You're having trouble winking and farting at the same time.

You're having trouble proving that Jim Accosta isn't a reporter or that CNN isn't a news service. Making silly accusations at me for asking you to back up your specious claim is juvenile. Eyeball and sphincter coordination is irrelevant. What CIA-planted stories has CNN reposted and what is Accosta's relation to that coverage?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'd like all news media to stop covering his events. I know Fox already cut back - that was talked about a couple of weeks ago. They all need to go full radio silence on him. Stop letting him work his family brand.
Baldimo

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:30 am
@ehBeth,
Tell me again who the fascists are?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:50 am
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45667845_1948099158603619_197613455333654528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=0715224f3826246e7f8231d80f59869b&oe=5C76C7DA
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:55 am
@Baldimo,
Look at the video. He never touched her. Huckasand lied. What do you expect from the Trump WH.
Baldimo

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:06 am
@MontereyJack,
I have seen the video and he did indeed touch her, it was violent in any way, but he did prevent her from taking the mic away.
MontereyJack

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:08 am
@Baldimo,
Nonsense. Would you like to retract the "it was violent" in your post? If there was any contact, she clearly instigated it, not Acosta. Trump is notoriously intolerant of any first amendment rights directed against his bullshit..
Baldimo

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:14 am
@MontereyJack,
Nonsense is not believing what your eyes are seeing.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:15 am
@Baldimo,
I think she touched him while trying to grab the mike. She should be fired for gross sexual assault, evidently... :-)
ehBeth

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:46 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:

Washington Post
44 mins ·
Press secretary Sarah Sanders shared a video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta that appeared to have been altered to make his actions look more aggressive toward a White House intern.

interesting times

it is true that you see different videos at different sources - something is edited. I'm def not sure which is the original.

___

and what happened to the caravan? did they stop? did they turn back? did they serve their function?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:47 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I have seen the video

where did you see it?

your source will effect what you see
ehBeth

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:50 am
@Olivier5,
The first one I saw seemed to show him trying to get away from her touching him.

Watching it on another site ... it looked different.

Looked at it on another site in the last few minutes - I'm back to thinking it shows him trying to lean away from her while she is pretty forceful in trying to get the mic - and she touches him.
revelette1

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:02 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I think she touched him while trying to grab the mike

When they showed the clip on MSNBC later that evening, that was clearly the case. I guess nowadays a picture isn't worth a thousand words. But from what I saw, she looked uncomfortable in going after the microphone but determined to do her job and he looked as determined to lean back and keep her from succeeding. Mountain and mole hill kinda thing in this context. However, it just goes to show how autocratic Trump is when he would take away a reporters freedom of the press just for asking ordinary questions.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:02 am
@ehBeth,
and the source of the altered one?

infowars by way of the WH

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/439dyp/the-white-house-is-circulating-a-doctored-infowars-video

not sure why I can still feel disappointed by the WH

Quote:
The doctored clip appears to be sped up to make it look like Acosta forcefully raised his hand at the intern, bringing it down on the crook of her arm as she tried to physically take away the microphone he was holding. In reality, network video from the press conference shows Acosta already had his arm in the air, pointing at the president, when the intern lunged at him to grab his mic.
ehBeth

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:03 am
Quote:

Maggie Haberman

@maggieNYT
Yes, the White House press office is sharing a manipulated video that makes it appear that Acosta was menacing the intern when he was not and did not. The intern reached over Acosta to grab the microphone while he was trying to ask another q and Acosta tried to pull away.

Julie Scelfo

@JulieScelfo
I am pretty sure that @maggieNYT is here referring to the official White House press office, but it would be best if she clarifies. Pay close attention, America: the United States @PressSec is circulating a demonstrably fake, i.e. doctored video.
cc @PENamerican @pressfreedom https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1060521094594134018
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:04 am
@ehBeth,
Who cares, really? Since when should men and women never touch each other? And yet men can still touch men and women can still touch women????

This is ridiculous. Just a fig leaf for Trump's bruised ego.
revelette1

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:05 am
@ehBeth,
I know they really should rename the WH press briefing to something like WH spin room.