monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 02:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Don't you realize that they are all just poor oppressed people "of color?"

Shocked
Do you notice there are mostly young men, the very people who could change their country into somewhere worth living are leaving. Tough love would be better, send them back and force them to do something there that will make things better.
https://clashdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/illegal-770x781.jpg
https://clashdaily.com/2018/10/clashquiz-whats-missing-in-this-poor-refuge-picture/
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 02:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe you should tweet at him.

Or vote him out of office.
hightor

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
How about trying to set up POTUS for impeachment?

Trump set himself up for investigation. And if the results of the investigation show serious wrongdoing or a pattern of obstruction it's possible impeachment proceedings might follow.

But really, are you saying that these "villainous top officials" told the Russians to contact the Trump team and set up a meeting with them to discuss the campaign? And then told the team to lie about what what transpired at the meeting?

And maybe they were able to influence the Trump family into not setting up a blind trust, or doing any of the other maneuvers wealthy people usually do when assuming public office?

Or maybe they advised Trump to make a complicated pay off to his fixer, Mr. Cohen, so that it wouldn't look like he were paying hush money or potentially violating campaign finance laws?

Luckily there's an ongoing investigation which will determine whether any of these things even happened and only if they did whether they are indictable or impeachable offenses.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:17 pm
@maporsche,
Maybe you should try to be more coherent. ???
maporsche

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe.

What part was incoherent?
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:23 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Trump set himself up for investigation.

How?

Not that you should care, but you really disappoint me.

You are smart and for a while, I thought you weren't hyperpartisan.

Now you are a Red White & Blue Patriot who doesn't think our government institutions could possibly be corrupt?

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
georgeob1

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:23 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Luckily there's an ongoing investigation which will determine whether any of these things even happened and only if they did whether they are indictable or impeachable offenses.

They've been at it for over a year and still haven't found (or published) anything. Meanwhile serious corruption and misuse of office has been confirmed among the officials of the Justice Department, the FBI and Mueller's investigating team, along with deceptive submission to the FISA court. On the face of it this appears to be sufficient to poison any evidence they may find.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:24 pm
@maporsche,
The whole part
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:28 pm
@georgeob1,
You don't understand george. For folks like Hightor (alas) you need to upload 500 pounds of documents proving your claim.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:48 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Maybe you (Finn) should tweet (using the website or phone app Twitter) at him (Donald Trump)

Or vote (during the primaries or in November 2020) him (Donald Trump) out (gone, leave, no longer there)of office (the President of the United States).

Ok. I hope that’s more clear.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:52 pm
Since when is it against the law to be part of a caravan coming to America? So far, they haven't broke any US laws. Last I heard they were still heading to the US. So at this point they are not criminals yet. Moreover, Trump has been going after legal immigrants as well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/now-trump-administration-wants-limit-citizenship-legal-immigrants-n897931

After hearing about this administration I am not sure why there are so many people wanting to come here.
maporsche

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 04:03 pm
@revelette1,
America STILL is a shining beacon of freedom and hope for millions who live in worse conditions in the world.

It’s not a lie to say that even being homeless in America is better than what hundreds of millions have to suffer with.

Much of America has lost the perspective that can only really be found by international travel to poor countries or maybe a lot of National Grographic. I’ve got a conservative friend who posted on Facebook years ago that it was Obama’s fault that he could only afford 2 jet skis and not 3 (one for each kid). He really thought that this was a huge disgrace and disliked Obama for raising taxes.
glitterbag

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 04:18 pm
@georgeob1,
You might be right, this country was absolutely thrilled when the Irish started coming here. They threw parties for us, they couldn’t get enough Irish to come so they offered us bonuses.
maporsche

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 04:19 pm
@coldjoint,
America is the way she is BECAUSE of immigrants, not in spite of.

You damned nationalists with your “Ive got mine, **** the world” attitude is anti-American. That attitude disgusts me way more than any flag-kneeling could ever.
Blickers

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 04:21 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
In this case the caravan is coming from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras: three dysfunctional societies with the highest rates of murder and crime in the world. Not exactly the most desirable sources of new illegal residents.

They have the right to come here and seek asylum. Chances are asylum seekers are not too likely to come from prosperous democracies.

Besides, georgeob1, whatever happened to:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2016/08/13/03/01/new-york-1590176__340.jpg
maporsche

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 04:21 pm
@glitterbag,
You point out the obvious. Conservatives have NEVER applauded immigration and throughout history denounced them.
maporsche

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 04:22 pm
@Blickers,
Wait, do you mean to say that seeking asylum is LEGAL under international law that America has signed treaties over and in fact lead the charge on in the UN?

Can’t be.
0 Replies