monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Baldimo

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 08:33 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You boys need to make up your minds. Are the dreaded liberals latte sipping, arugula munching snowflakes or are they crazed murderous thugs bent on turning the US into a Mad Max movie. Y'all missed your calling, you should be writing science fiction for......................ohhhhhhh.....I suppose the undiscerning.

They are both. When alone or in small groups, 2-3 people, they are cowards but when they get into a large group they suddenly become brave because there is "strength in numbers". Antifa is a perfect example of this because they only attack people when they have "back-up". Have you seen this video of a chicken **** Antifa thug trying to sucker punch a guy when he looks the other way, another guy see's him and catches the punch. That is a classic move by weak liberals, wait till the person isn't looking and then sucker punch them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xEpvxmAvjY

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 09:23 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Trump's reticence isn't surprising, considering the complete lack of authenticity in the controlled media, but in this instance, the planet needs to see some justice, and soon.

I agree it's not surprising but I don't think it has much to do with the "controlled media". This is an extremely complex matter — when it should be pretty cut-and-dried. He's in over his head and is unable to process all the ramifications of any decision. Probably wishes he were back on "The Apprentice". Reality TV was a lot more fun than reality in real life.

You mean like Obama was when he refused to support Iranian democrats being murdered in the street? Or when he retreated from the redline he set for Syria? Or when he did next to nothing in the face of Russia invading the Ukraine. Etc etc etc.

"Cut & dried?" - OK tell us how it can easily be resolved.
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:18 am
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:23 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
You mean like Obama was when he refused to support Iranian democrats being murdered in the street? Or when he retreated from the redline he set for Syria? Or when he did next to nothing in the face of Russia invading the Ukraine.

Jeezuz, Finn, the discussion is about Trump and Saudis, right now. Why bring up Obama? No, he wasn't perfect, and nothing that I wrote suggests that he was. I should be able to make a critical comment about Trump without your getting all defensive.

From a strictly moral perspective, yes, it's cut and dried. We could break relations with Riyadh and move to bring the crown prince before the ICC in the Hague. But world leaders can't restrict themselves to making decisions purely on the basis of morality. What I find objectionable is Trump's propensity to blurt out the first thing that comes to his mind — I don't get a sense that he really knows much about our entanglement with the Saudis that's grown over the last 70 years. It's complicated by oil, by Israel, by our relation with the Muslim world. I don't mind if Trump has to "dither" a bit but I wish his statements showed a better grasp of the situation.
Olivier5

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:43 am
@coldjoint,
I don't know about sharia, but under Afghan tribal law (qanun), killing one's guest is an abomination.
hightor

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:55 am
@coldjoint,
I said "could", not "should" — my point is that world leaders are often constrained by facts on the ground and aren't able to operate purely from a moral perspective. You've provided a few examples of those constraints.
Olivier5

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:55 am
@coldjoint,
Thanks for falsely pretending you know something about it.
Olivier5

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:57 am
@coldjoint,
Alright so what did Abu al-‘Abbas Ahmad write about killing one's guest?
izzythepush

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 12:05 pm
@najmelliw,
It's one thing knowing other countries are spying. It's something else showing how they've done it.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 12:46 pm
@hightor,
I want to point out some bias real quick, not once in this article did the author capitalize Antifa, why is that? Does using the lower case of the name, degrade the importance of Antifa and their actions? It's almost as if the author doesn't believe Antifa is a real group and therefor not a threat.

Antifa is the poisonous allure of left-wing violence, if anything the Proud Boys, I had to look them up, seem to be a direct response to Antifa and the violence they have been perpetuating for the last couple of years. Mid 2016 seems to be the foundation date of the Proud Boys. Now that a left-leaning media outlet has named them, the rest of the media is going to start to report on them. Wanna bet they get a lot more coverage then Antifa does?

On the article, it seems to me that if Antifa want to attack people who don't agree with them, then having a group to go after, The Proud Boys, should save innocent bystanders for being attacked. I don't care if 2 groups of thugs want to beat each other up as long as they leave regular folks out of the violence. I also have no objection to the police or National Guard being used to break these fights up and if a few of "fighters" get hurt in the process, then all the better, let these groups do what they plan to do and then let the police do their jobs. Have you seen the reports our of Portland OR these last couple of weekends?

Quote:
Needless to say, this is all poisonous. You can oppose antifa without brawling with it—one mob does not justify another.

How can you oppose a group who lives to "Punch Nazi's" and thinks anyone who doesn't think like them is a Nazi? Antifa's only aim is violence and they have been proving that for at least the last 3 or 4 years, you can't reason with someone who wants to punch you in the face.