monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:46 am
https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2018/10/IMG_0916.jpg?resize=600%2C450&ssl=1
https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2018/10/IMG_0916.jpg?resize=600%2C450&ssl=1
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 12:57 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Yesterday, the department of Health and Human Services revealed that premiums on the exchanges for 2019 policies are actually dropping.
I hope so. My premiums this year are insane.
oralloy

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 12:58 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Kent State left with $65K price tag for open carry rally
Opposition to freedom and civil rights can be expensive.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:00 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I forgot, she is the most bullied person in world

You also forgot that she immediately corrected herself and said one of the most bullied persons in the world.

You don't believe that she is bullied? Or is that anyone associated with Trump and the GOP deserves to be bullied?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:01 pm
@coldjoint,
I thought Jarret was Iranian. Where does she come off misappropriating black jargon like "preach?"
coldjoint

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I thought Jarret was Iranian. Where does she come off misappropriating black jargon like "preach?"

She was born in Iran, not that it showed during her, Obama's, administration. Remember, Killary has a black Southern accent.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The Iranian Civil Code doesn't (generally) accept the ius soli. (Both her parents are U.S.Americans.)
Walter Hinteler

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:45 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
The Iranian Civil Code doesn't (generally) accept the ius soli. (Both her parents are U.S.Americans.)

Who cares?
Finn.
ehBeth

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 02:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Isn't Jarret Iranian the same way Ted Cruz is Canadian?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 03:37 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Who cares?
Finn.

Wrong
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 09:14 pm
Very interesting, and well-researched piece on Russian collusion.

Article here.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 14 Oct, 2018 05:50 am
Quote:
It was a mystery which sparked countless think pieces: Why did US First Lady Melania Trump wear a $39 jacket emblazoned with "I really don't care, do you?" during a trip to a migrant child detention centre?

At the time of the June trip, Donald Trump said it was a message to the "Fake News Media".

Her communications chief, however, had insisted it was "just a jacket".

Now we have an answer: Mrs Trump has admitted she was sending a message.

Mrs Trump visited the New Hope Children's Shelter in McAllen, Texas, on 21 June.

The centre housed 55 children, including some separated from their parents as part of the Trump administration's zero-tolerance policy towards illegal immigration.

However, she was criticised for wearing the controversial jacket on her way to the centre and during her return trip, although she took off the jacket before arriving at the centre itself.

There was widespread speculation and criticism over what message Mrs Trump intended to send by wearing the jacket on that particular trip - although her spokeswoman said "there was no hidden message".

However, in an interview with ABC news that was released on Saturday, the former model acknowledged the jacket "was a kind of message, yes".

"It's obvious I didn't wear the jacket for the children, I wore the jacket to go on the plane and off the plane," she said.

"It was for the people and for the left-wing media who are criticising me. I want to show them I don't care. You could criticise whatever you want to say. But it will not stop me to do what I feel is right."

Mrs Trump criticised the media for being "obsessed" about her clothing.

"I often asking myself, if I had not worn that jacket, if I will have so much media coverage," she said, adding: "I would prefer they would focus on what I do and on my initiatives than what I wear."

Mrs Trump's apparent stand delighted supporters, but critics have focused on the fact the admission has caught her team in a lie, and criticised the timing of her message.

It only took her over three months to come up with an answer, what a snappy comeback that was.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45853364
Walter Hinteler

Sun 14 Oct, 2018 07:08 am
@izzythepush,
City authorities in Turkey’s capital, Ankara, have renamed the street where the new US embassy is being built “Malcolm X Avenue”, after the civil rights leader, state media reported.

https://i.imgur.com/Av0XweR.jpg

hightor

Sun 14 Oct, 2018 07:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
City authorities in Turkey’s capital, Ankara, have renamed the street where the new US embassy is being built “Malcolm X Avenue”...

I love it!
Walter Hinteler

Sun 14 Oct, 2018 08:22 am
@hightor,
Quote:
President Trump said he is unsure whether Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will leave the administration and described him as “sort of a Democrat,” amid reports of friction between the two.

Trump made the remarks in an interview with CBS News’s “60 Minutes” that airs Sunday night. An excerpt of the interview was released Sunday morning.

“Well, I don’t know; he hasn’t told me that,” Trump said when asked whether Mattis might be leaving his position.

Trump said that he has a “very good relationship” with Mattis and that the two had lunch together “two days ago,” but the president added that “it could be that he is” leaving.

“I think he’s sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth,” Trump said. “But General Mattis is a good guy. We get along very well. He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. Everybody. People leave. That’s Washington.”
WaPo
0 Replies