monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 02:27 pm
In a space of less than two years, Donald Trump has accomplished most of the job of turning this country around; we have gone from misery to happiness in that span of time. Accomplishing that wasn't really rocket science. Pres. Trump has reversed policies which were intended to directly harm the United States, masochistic trade policies and Malthusians/greentard throttling mechanisms as well as pure masochistic policies intended to punish ordinary Americans for reasons of supposed white guilt and guilt over past national policies and whatnot. All boats are being lifted by this new wave of happiness and prosperity. Unemployment amongst blacks and Hispanics is down markedly and there are indications that other groups which may not have not shared in prosperity in the past are in fact sharing in this new prosperity.

Cleaning up a mess of course, implies that the dog or pig or whatever else created the mess in the first place gets removed from and locked out of the house on a permanent basis. In our case, this will depend upon the intelligence of the voting public. If they want to see misery return, all they need to do is to vote for Democrats. Nonetheless, I am an optimist and I believe that the American people are substantially brighter than that. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 02:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
If she does and her testimony is as incredible as I expect it to be...

I find the story "credible", in that it's believable, given the culture at Georgetown, that someone did this to Blasey. What I don't know is whether "Renate alumnus" Kavanaugh is the guilty individual. I don't believe there is evidence beyond Blasey's recollection of the event.

What about the story — not the way the story emerged — do you find incredible?
gungasnake

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 02:35 pm
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/5e93a700b0.jpg
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 02:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Who told you that, hightor?

It was discussed in the media. Think about it — it's not particularly difficult to see why waiting until the choice was made was the most sensible approach. If he wasn't chosen, both these women wouldn't have felt the need to report the incidents and could have maintained their privacy.

Quote:
Did hightor tell you that too?

No. It was covered in the news.
Quote:
KELLY: When did she first talk to you about the events that she alleges happened at a high school party three decades ago?

LEIMROTH: I knew something had happened in her past before, but I hadn't heard any details. And then when it became clear that Trump was going to nominate someone, she got a bit agitated about it on this list of six.

KELLY: When you say agitated, what do you mean?

LEIMROTH: She was upset about him potentially being on there. And she told me something had happened with one of them in high school, and she hadn't told me the name yet. And then when he was the chosen one of the short list, she gave me the details. And she was trying to decide what to do.

source
Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 03:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
It works to, look at your posts.

He never lets the truth get in the way of telling a good story.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 06:44 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
[Kavanaugh] is not just making denials now, but he alleges a conspiracy amongst his accusers.
Yes. And if or as the number of such charges from different individuals who knew him back then increases, then such increases will be categorized as growing evidence of a coordinated plot against him. That's the only lie they can use.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 06:47 pm
@izzythepush,
That is delightful news, Izzy. Thanks.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 06:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
given how meticulous they’ve been, it would be a shock if Mueller and his team haven’t prepared for the eventuality of being shut down.
Probability at 100%, I figure.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 07:08 pm
Quote:
Kavanaugh’s Roommate Recalls Him As ‘Belligerent,’ ‘Aggressive’ When Drunk
James Roche, Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s freshman roommate at Yale, remembers Kavanaugh as a “notably heavy drinker,” even for college, who got “belligerent” and “aggressive” when drunk.
TPM
the deep state inserted him into Kavanugh's life in freshman year.
ehBeth

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 07:11 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
the deep state inserted him into Kavanugh's life in freshman year.

lordy lordy

(having 2nd thoughts about some of my letters that travelled through the US foreign service office mail service)
blatham

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 07:51 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm going through my high school yearbook and substituting "our savior the Lord Jesus Christ" whenever the terms "weed" or "joint" or "acid" appear.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 07:53 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
What does that have to do with facts?

One of the many things that right-wingers perpetually fail to "get" is that it's not all that difficult to distinguish between "facts" and the way that facts get reported in the media. It doesn't matter what editorial slant you perceive — as long as you assume that it originates from a certain political/economic perspective you just adjust your glasses and adapt your focus accordingly.
Quote:
It works to, look at your posts.

Hmm — I don't see where I'm being particularly "emotional". I'm just pointing out that it was discussed in the media; I didn't make it up as you implied. And alleged "self-righteousness" doesn't really apply in this case. You wanted to know why objections weren't raised about Kavanaugh when the Federalist Society first provided the list. You even thanked me for reminding you. I gave a possible explanation based on the accounts and various opinions I'd heard expressed on the matter.

The explanation has nothing to do with anyone's guilt or innocence; it provides a context which helps understand people's motives. I think waiting to see who the eventual nominee turns out to be before going public with an exposé is perfectly sensible. Potential opponents to an objectionable nominee will save a lot of expense if they wait until they find out who the nominee actually is rather than having to check out everyone on a list of twenty-five approved choices. Victims and whistleblowers shouldn't be expected to come forward with their stories and revelations about some name on a twenty-person list only to have one of the other nineteen chosen for the position.
blatham

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 08:09 pm
Quote:
Ted Cruz Heckled Out Of DC Restaurant: 'We Believe Survivors!'
I think Cruz is a sociopath but this is inexcusable behavior. If the restaurant owner refuses service, that is the owner's right. If these angry people were to protest Cruz in a political venue or perhaps even outside the restaurant, that would be fine. But this was stupid and rude. If the restaurant owner had kicked the protesters out, I would have no problem.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 08:15 pm
Swamp draining,
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dn9ipMzXkAA9XSs.jpg

I'm getting really sick of stupid people.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 09:09 pm
for roger

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42649072_1890167277730141_2482532693846261760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&oh=724336b88e85d55822df57fb8662c90f&oe=5C1EAC29
roger

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 09:16 pm
@ehBeth,
They're out there. Not here, but out there.
ehBeth

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 09:42 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Stay away from American men

geez

these guys can't help themselves out of a pit

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/sites/410/2018/06/SaPedo1.png

how did he get this far in the primary?

Quote:
In the race for Michigan State Senate in the 15th District, Republican Jim Runestad, who is currently serving his final term in the Michigan House of Representatives, took the Republican ticket with nearly 90 percent of the vote. His opponent, Mike Saari, finished with 10.4 percent.

https://www.spinalcolumnonline.com/articles/michigan-primary-election-recap/

that he got 10% is <not a pleasant word>

0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 09:46 pm
@roger,
I honestly miss them, (not being sarcastic)
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 09:53 pm
https://i.imgflip.com/1q63z8.jpg
0 Replies