Mon 24 Sep, 2018 03:25 pm
@Setanta,
Lancelot comes to the rescue of his Guinevere. Very Happy
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 03:28 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
entire opus here is and always has been to sneer, belittle and make snide comments about others.

Look who is talking. Also look who agrees with you.

Indeed
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 03:31 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

That's a cartoon, not a truth claim such as you seem to suggest had been made.

The subject of the cartoon is obvious - older and more powerful, more privileged males derogating or minimizing the experience of Prof Ford and most women who have been assaulted by men. Presuming the Ford "interview" takes place, this cartoon's portrayal will be made explicit (let's note that most of the quotes from those cartoon males have already been made by Senators on the commission or their supporters. Also, see the Fox link above). More broadly, this is clearly the experience of many or most women.

You're quite right to argue that it is not merely Republican males who have behaved in such a manner. This is a pervasive aspect of living in a patriarchy. But in the case of Trump or Kavanaugh, there is an undeniable partisan political factor that cannot be rationally denied.

Further, there is another undeniable aspect here and that is the influence of religious communities aligned with the American right who hold that women shall not presume full equality with males.

So ehbeth posted it without editorial intent? Please.

Trump is a sexist pig. You have no reason to lump Kavanaugh with him, other than your ideology and vague accusations.

Your anti-religion mein is just whacky, but keep pressing it.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 03:33 pm
@coldjoint,
You won't get an answer
coldjoint

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 03:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Your anti-religion mein is just whacky, but keep pressing it.

It would be more effective if applied to all religions. Islam clearly does no wrong. That discredits their opinions right there. It is Jews and Christians and the whole idea that without these religions we would be free is ludicrous. They both greatly influenced our laws. And to respect an obviously violent and intolerant religion is an insult to every thinking person.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 03:52 pm
@coldjoint,
If blatham was honest it would include all religions but he only cares about "the religious right" Bill Maher has more credibility
coldjoint

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 04:07 pm
Speaking of credility
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DndsWkkVAAAs4ay.jpg
The link has version a little smaller. You can still see Ellison is the bad guy here. Nothing is being done about it.
https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/tale-of-two-accusations/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 04:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
If blatham was honest

When what you think is moral can change daily it is hard to be honest.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 04:19 pm
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408161-gop-mounts-counter-offensive-on-kavanaugh

What amazes me about this whole story is that the Democrat leadership has been made to look so bad and so stupid that if they were Japanese, they would all commit sepuku, it would be more Shame than they could live with.

But they don't care!!! That is what is amazing. Totally/totally shameless. All they care about is power and whatever it takes to achieve that, and public image and whatever gets written about them in history books be damned.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 04:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Preaching to the choir
I never preach to the choir. I sing to it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 04:51 pm
Quote:
Kavanaugh Accuser’s Husband Breaks His Silence, Exposes ‘Sick Issue’ His Wife Has

Quote:
Ford, on the other hand, is the bane of university students unfortunate enough to be seated in her class. Her reviews on RateMyProfessors.com prove as much. “Christine ford is the worst educator I have ever experienced,” one student wrote. “Avoid taking her class and avoid any interaction with this person. I feel like she has something wrong with her and I am surprised no one has caught this.”

“Prof. Ford is unprofessional, lacks appropriate filters, and I am honestly scared of her,” wrote another student. “She’s made comments both in class and in e-mails, if you cross her, you will be on her bad side. I fear to think of the poor clients that had to deal with her while she got her MSW and her LCSW. Absolutely the worst teacher I ever had.”

Credible information, or a student smear? Remember who turned a Supreme Court nomination into believing gossip or not.
https://madworldnews.com/kavanaugh-accuser-husband/
blatham

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 04:53 pm
Quote:
Seung Min Kim
‏Verified account
@seungminkim
Hatch refers to Ramirez’ allegation in NYer as “phony.” We asked why he’s calling it “phony.” He responds: “Because I know it is. That’s why.” When asked whether Ford allegation is also phony, Hatch: “I think she’s sincere, at least I hope so. But I think she’s sincerely wrong.”
2:18 PM - 24 Sep 2018

And Jane Mayer reminds us or Hatch version 1
Quote:
Jane Mayer
‏@JaneMayerNYer
Same Senator who claimed Anita Hill got her claims against Clarence Thomas from The Exorcist.

But in any case, these fine gentlemen are clearly open to fair consideration of the females' charges. No prejudgement. Eager for substantive investigation. Really ideal representatives of judicial norms.
coldjoint

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 04:57 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Really ideal representatives of judicial norms.

Is having the defendant testifying first? Is that a judicial norm? Why don't you think about what you said there.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 05:03 pm
On Fox News tonight, Jeanine Pirro suggested that Prof Ford might have been hypnotized into telling her story.

Winner of the Occam's Razor award for the day. Also, the Honesty award.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 05:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
You won't get an answer

The cognitive dissonance with this bunch is quite fascinating to watch.

Hands over the ears, yelling lalalalalalalala, I can't hear you. ;-)

Some interesting browsing here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 05:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Q.E.D.
coldjoint

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 05:49 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Q.E.D.

Abbreviated Latin!!! Run for the hills. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Quote:
Kavanaugh Accuser’s Husband Breaks His Silence, Exposes ‘Sick Issue’ His Wife Has

Quote:
Ford, on the other hand, is the bane of university students unfortunate enough to be seated in her class. Her reviews on RateMyProfessors.com prove as much.
Quote:
“Christine ford is the worst educator I have ever experienced,” one student wrote. “Avoid taking her class and avoid any interaction with this person. I feel like she has something wrong with her and I am surprised no one has caught this.”

Quote:
“Prof. Ford is unprofessional, lacks appropriate filters, and I am honestly scared of her,” wrote another student. “She’s made comments both in class and in e-mails, if you cross her, you will be on her bad side. I fear to think of the poor clients that had to deal with her while she got her MSW and her LCSW. Absolutely the worst teacher I ever had.”

Sounds like a case of somebody finding a job as a college professor after she got too old to be providing the ring-ding-doo to Sam the Sham et. al. but still has some kind of a chip on her shoulder from some of the abuse she must've taken in that line of work...

0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:48 pm
Quote:
A Month of Multiculturalism in Britain: August 2018

This should interest people who have doubts about trying to live with Islam. I cannot see any plus side to appeasing these people who refuse to assimilate.
Quote:

When the rape charge was put to him, Al-Noor, through his interpreter, told Hull Crown Court: "Guilty. Yes, I did that. Why not?"

A police officer phoned a charity to ask whether it was "culturally acceptable" for an Iraqi pedophile [whom he had just arrested] to have a 12-year-old girlfriend.

Officials received dozens of reports last year that women wanted to block visas to the UK for men they had been made to marry in countries such as Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and the United Arab Emirates.

Maybe someone can explain the perks.
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/13015/multiculturalism-britain-august