monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 10:32 am
@camlok,
Quote:
Surely, America and Americans are better than this.

You saying something like that shows unrivaled hypocrisy and stupidity after voluminous posts from you saying the exact opposite. Are you capable of understanding that?
camlok

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 10:51 am
@coldjoint,
You obviously have a limited vocabulary which is understandable. You are after all a Trump supporter, a far right wing conservative.

You do not understand what 'sarcasm' means.

M-W:
Definition of sarcasm
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:07 am
Quote:
The Fictional World of the Resistance

http://patriotretort.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/fictional-world.jpg
Quote:
So much for an informed electorate.

Frankly, I’m surprised he didn’t add any of the Harry Potter books to that list.

These guys live in a fictional world which explains why they have so much trouble living in the world as it is.

We used to call this “delusional.”

See, if I wanted to encourage an informed electorate, I would suggest they read “Basic Economics” by Thomas Sowell. Or maybe the Federalist Papers.

And, as much as I can’t stand his condescending Never Trump antics, I would also recommend Jonah Goldberg’s “Liberal Fascism.”

Hell, toss in “US Constitution for Dummies” while we’re at it. (Known by Kamala Harris as “That Book You Carry for Dummies.”)

But that would require a willingness to confront the world as it is.

And these idiots live in a fictional world.

http://patriotretort.com/the-fictional-world-of-the-resistance/
camlok

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:12 am
@coldjoint,
"patriot retort", that tells all all they need to know, cj. Why don't you ever quote anyone of any value?

Patriotism, n. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name. In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit it is the first.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary (1911).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:15 am
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41238422_1870705753009627_5421524577652047872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=aaf5daf3f5e8c4f5ede0c3bebdd0e5db&oe=5C333B47
coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:22 am
@ehBeth,
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7f/4e/87/7f4e879c8cfa2c7f9eeb72aea3bae4dd--canada-memes-conservative-memes.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:23 am
https://i.redd.it/3vqo7a1myavy.jpg
Ever hear the expression "Look who's talking"? Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:27 am
https://i2.wp.com/debatereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/img_9552.jpg?resize=760%2C730&ssl=1
Laughing Laughing Laughing
camlok

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:32 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I just thought I should quote, for posterity, and while you were needlessly verbose, it is the most intelligent thing you have ever written.
coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:34 am
@camlok,
Quote:
for posterity

Nothing from you lasts longer than you hitting the reply button.
coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:47 am
Quote:
The Banality of Barack

Quote:
Not an Ounce of Self-Awareness
One might imagine that suffering one political humiliation after another would humble this former community organizer. That handing over the keys to the most powerful office in the world to someone with zero political experience—who questioned your birth certificate and publicly mocked your presumed successor—then systematically disassembled every key achievement of your administration while the economy responded in delight would make you reconsider your approach. Maybe a true statesman would spend two years in exile reexamining what went wrong on his watch and offer a few mea culpas to the political party—and to the country—he helped diminish.

But there is no indication Barack Obama has learned any lessons from 2016. His speech (while he was accepting an ethics award, no less) was a weary remix of Obama’s Greatest Hits. It’s not just that Obama is petulant and demeaning. It’s not that he gets away with the very name-calling and ridicule that Trump gets blasted for.

The bottom line is Obama is a bore. His banality is reflective of the wider Democratic Party malaise. There is no inspiring message or even policy prescription. It’s wholly reliant on tropes about race and class and fear. It’s filled with potshots at the other side while pretending to be above-it-all and morally superior. The chin held high in the air as he speaks is not accidental: Obama is pretending to be just like you, but believes deep down he is far better.

Obama should excite the Republican base to get out and vote. Another rejection of his whiny bullshit is right around the corner right by the garbage can his legacy is in.
https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/07/the-banality-of-barack/
camlok

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:50 am
@coldjoint,
There's that world famous hypocrisy of conservatives, cj. You are really good at doing sarah palins, ignoring the issue at hand and flying off on some other inane topic.

Of course, there are many liberals/Dems who claim to be different but are exactly like you. This group is called Americans and blind supporters of America.
coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:52 am
@camlok,
https://able2know.org/topic/475392-1
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 11:54 am
@coldjoint,
Another of your world famous nutty right wing websites.

Quote:
The bottom line is Obama is a bore. His banality is reflective of the wider Democratic Party malaise. There is no inspiring message or even policy prescription. It’s wholly reliant on tropes about race and class and fear. It’s filled with potshots at the other side while pretending to be above-it-all and morally superior. The chin held high in the air as he speaks is not accidental: Obama is pretending to be just like you, but believes deep down he is far better.

Take out "Obama" and stick in "Trump", or "Ryan" or ... and you have the same accurate description. Your writer is also a stunning hypocrite.

You really go for hypocrisy, doncha?
coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 12:07 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
"Trump",

Trump never claimed to be morally superior, you are thinking with your posterior. Cool
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 12:16 pm
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41244223_552395625174599_1437971659339333632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=903945abc58f338fdd017fc09c1f216f&oe=5C2C6E30
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 12:21 pm
Quote:
Doubts on Deep State Dispelled by New York Times, but doubts about "Anonymous" Linger

Quote:
Leftist/Marxist publication

This represents yet another example of a Leftist/Marxist publication (it makes no matter how much tradition is behind the Times) caught in previous attempts of deception, or denial of reality, or outright omission of coverage (too numerous to count). If such a blatant reversal of perspective is not enough for the average citizen to distrust the mainstream media, there are perhaps thousands of examples of how deceptive the MSM is when advancing an agenda as opposed to reporting the news. With regard to the New York Times, one must remember that it is only the news “that’s fit to print” that matters. Such media moguls would hope that average Americans still believe that only the elitists have the intelligence or “wisdom” to determine the news that is “fit to print” or disseminate to the masses.

The intelligent question American citizens should be asking is who are the ones who sit in the city citadels of propaganda and determine in their elitist wisdom all the news that is “fit to print,” or to disseminate to the mindless peasants. Wolf Blitzer recently reacted to a Trump statement that had been distorted, regarding whether the media is the enemy of the people. Blitzer attempted to make a rebuttal stating that the media is not the enemy of the people. It was similar to a point emphasized by Jeff Mason, past President of the White House Correspondents Association, in 2017 at the Correspondents Dinner: “We are not fake news. We are not failing news organizations. And we are not the enemy of the American people.”

Yet, despite how much MSM apologists would like to believe in their self-importance and value within American society, we the people are the ones who should have the final word on whether we buy the lie. When considered at face value, it is ludicrous to think that the British Crown could have dictated to the American colonists what to think, as they were systematically destroying colonists rights as British citizens. It is absurd to think that anyone’s enemy could dictate whether or not they are viewed as the enemy. The American people are the ones who should have the final word on that, and despite whether the media moguls want to face reality or wallow in denial, they are the enemy.

Positive treatment of the “resistance” in the Trump Administration only provides a further demonstration that the MSM has “sided with the enemy.”

These people have no regard for the American voter. It is their way or the highway and are stupid enough to make that clear. They are fascists and traitors and so is anyone who supports them.
https://canadafreepress.com/article/doubts-on-deep-state-dispelled-by-new-york-times-but-doubts-about-anonymous#.W5O--LwmQQE.twitter
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 12:22 pm
This bit of William Burroughs seems quite pertinent now.

The President, with his toadies and familiars, is now five hundred feet down in solid rock with enough fine foods, wines and liqueurs to last two hundred years, and the longevity drugs to enjoy them all. (Held off the market, in the interests of national security.)

A teen-aged President appears on national TV, his well-cut suit hanging loose on his skinny frame, to pipe out in adolescent treble, alternately pompous and cracking:

"We categorically deny that there are any [crack] so-called Fountain-of-Youth drugs, procedures or treatments [crack] that are being held back from the American people [crack]." He flashes a boyish smile and runs a comb through his abundant, unruly hair. "And I categorically dismiss as without foundation rumors that I myself, the First Lady, my fag son and my colleagues in the Cabinet are sustaining ourselves by state-of-the-art vampiric technology, drawing off from the American pimples [crack giggle] so-called 'energy units'!"

His hair stands up and crackles, and he gives the American people the finger and barks out:
"I got mine, **** you! Every crumb for himself."
hightor

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 12:31 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Good advice for the people not quite grown up enough to see Obama for what he was, and what he is.

Blah, blah, blah....

I don't care what you think of #44 — what bothers me is that your source can't distinguish between egotism and narcissism — and apparently you can't either.
neptuneblue

Sat 8 Sep, 2018 12:31 pm
Superheros don't always wear capes!

0 Replies