Fri 7 Sep, 2018 09:46 am
https://rightedition.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/TRUDEAU-4.jpg
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 09:46 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks, ehBeth.

I guess I just have a hard time believing that all these things will come to pass because of an anonymous opinion piece. And as to the value of Trump endorsements, it depends on the particular state and the composition of the electorate; it always has. I don't see a trend yet.
Blickers

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 09:49 am
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
We don't know if any senior officials have done such a thing before, regardless of the reason for writing such a piece, we would only know about it if the media reported it.

Which they most assuredly would have done since the Times has books published about it all the time from former staffers who retired or other journalists writing a book or working for other outlets. I already outlined what Woodward and Bernstein revealed about Haig and Nixon at the end in the Final Days.

This stuff gets reported.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 09:49 am
@hightor,
Quote:
But I don't get the tie-in with the midterms or see this as a way for conservatives to save face (and seats in Congress). Most Republicans running for re-election will be shamelessly pro-Trump.
Sorry. My lack of clarity here. If I have this right, it is not the immediate term that is the goal of the rebranding strategy. I suspect that GOP strategists (and the players connected to the party) are well aware they are in big trouble in November, trouble they can do little about now. They are concerned about conservative ideology (or the public perception of it) being in serious jeopardy of being more broadly understood to be deeply corrupt. This is about 2020 and beyond. And, I think, they are concerned that obvious internecine conflict/confusion will do damage to the GOP base voters' need to have things be simple so that their certainties are not shaken (and then their voting enthusiasm dampened).

To underline my thesis, recall that the Koch crowd had a "tea party" (which I argue was simply used as a rebranding of the GOP post Bush) narrative designed years before it was implemented. These folks have been playing the long game for a long time. Or take the Federalist Society and how it was established precisely to build a Supreme Court (not to mention lower courts) of exactly the sort that we're likely to face if Kavanaugh is confirmed (every conservative justice on the court has long standing ties to the FS).

I hope that's clear.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 09:54 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
We don't know if any senior officials have done such a thing before, regardless of the reason for writing such a piece, we would only know about it if the media reported it.

But I think we'd know if another White House occupant was exhibiting signs of mental and emotional dysfunction. By early '88 Reagan was pretty obviously losing it — there was public speculation about it — but Howard Baker concluded that he was well enough to serve out his term.
blatham

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 09:58 am
Quote:
Stuart Rothenberg
‏@StuPolitics
OK. So maybe the Senate is "in play." That's the first time I have said or written that. Gotta go with the numbers.

2:10 PM - 6 Sep 2018

I think we can safely assume that the Koch machine includes some very well funded, high quality and robust polling mechanisms in place.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:04 am
@hightor,
Quote:
But I think we'd know if another White House occupant was exhibiting signs of mental and emotional dysfunction.

Woodrow Wilson's wife finished his term in office after a stroke.

Quote:
On the morning of October 2, Mrs. Wilson found her husband unconscious on the bathroom floor of their private White House quarters bleeding from a cut on his head. Wilson had suffered a stroke - a massive attack that left his left side paralyzed and impaired his vision. She immediately summoned Dr. Grayson. Then the conspiracy began. The two of them formed a bulwark between the invalid President and the rest of the country, simultaneously shielding Wilson from intrusion and hiding his condition from outsiders.

For seventeen months the enfeebled President lay in his bed on the brink of death, barely able to write his own name. The outside world knew none of this. All communication with the President went through his wife. She entered the sick room with messages and emerged with verbal instructions or the scrawl of a signature on a piece of paper. Edith Wilson called the period her "stewardship." Later, others called her the first woman President. The Senate rejected the Treaty of Versailles with its provision for the League. Although Wilson's health improved, he never fully recovered.

So if the Democrats want someone to take over, it would be Melania.
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/wilsonstroke.htm
ehBeth

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:05 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
the National Enquirer who broke the John Edwards scandal.

the same Enquirer that sat on the #45 payoff/affair story

they all pick and choose
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:06 am
@hightor,
It's one more little brick in the wall of defense against #45
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:06 am
@blatham,
Why do you spam other peoples crap? Are you "crapped" out? You bet you are.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:07 am
I have to take off. I really do like talking with folks who take care to learn and to make their arguments clear and thoughtful. Not as much fun as sex but pretty good nonetheless.
ehBeth

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:09 am
and life in the US continues as before

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dallas-officer-enters-apartment-she-mistakes-her-own-fatally-shoots-n907411
0 Replies

camlok

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:09 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
you buy into anything that your president says eh?? You have no "Bullshit filter" apparently

But you are supposed to be a scientist, farmerman, and yet you buy into all the same lies of your governments that coldjoint does. You are all really no different at all from coldjoint.
0 Replies

camlok

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:12 am
@ehBeth,
Was it you that rallied the troops to bury the truth, Beth?

Such a flurry of activity. Do you have a hotline to coldjoint?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:12 am
@blatham,

Quote:

I have to take off. I really do like talking with folks who take care to learn and to make their arguments clear and thoughtful.

Let me translate. Blatham is saying he is a bullshit artist and can not handle any disagreement because he lives on rhetoric and lies. And those are answers to nothing.

You don't have to thank me.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:17 am
Obama is live on FOX right now. Tune in have your orgasms. I'll wait. If you think he says something new let me know. He has already played the race and victim card. Next he will no doubt revise our history to fit his needs and amaze the world, not. Laughing Laughing Laughing
camlok

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:20 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Tune in have your orgasms. I'll wait.

That will give you time to wash the smeg off your computer screen and your nude posters of the Donald, right, coldjoint?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:21 am
Quote:
The Fascist Tactics of the Liberal-Leftist-Progressive Establishment

Quote:
As we’re seeing with the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, the leftist cabal has become unhinged. Their fascist political tactics are in the open. It’s taken a long time for them to surface. They’ve always been about shutting down opposing opinions. They covered up their real intentions by calling for toleration to get their foot in the door. Once inside, they turned around and shut the door behind them excluding all diverse opinions.

Stop with the saving democracy bullshit and admit the Constitution means nothing and see the support you get.
https://godfatherpolitics.com/the-fascist-tactics-of-the-liberal-leftist-progressive-establishment/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:22 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/business/media/new-york-times-trump-anonymous.html

Quote:
David Frum, the conservative writer whose latest book is “Trumpocracy: The Corruption of the American Republic,” mocked the writer’s motivations: “See, we only look complicit! Actually, we’re the real heroes of the story.”

The Times said it had published only a handful of anonymously written Op-Ed pieces, several of them by authors whose safety could be endangered if they were publicly identified.

One anonymous piece, published in June, was written by an undocumented immigrant facing deportation and gang-related threats. An Op-Ed article in 2009 was written by a student in Iran who, for reasons of safety, asked to be identified only by his first name.

covering your ass to keep your job isn't the same as protecting your life

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/09/new-york-times-resistance-op-ed-colbert-kimmel-trevor-noah-late-night

coldjoint

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 10:25 am
@ehBeth,

Quote:
covering your ass to keep your job isn't the same as protecting your life

Killary is not president, no one is going to die for this. If she was someone probably would.
0 Replies