monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Baldimo

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What? What kind of conspiracy is that? Nobody scrutinized Obama during the past eight years?

Of course people did, I said the media failed to do so. I guess the comprehension problem is on your side.

Quote:
Please provide evidence for your claim? You're trying to imply that the republicans just didn't react when they could? LOL

As I noted, it was the media who was lacking.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with "scrutiny" as you call it, it has to do with honesty and the lack of "scrutiny" when reporting on the Obama administration. Hardly any news organization "scrutinized" Obama or his policies over the last 8 years. It was only after Trump won the election that the media said to themselves "Well it's time to do our jobs now." , implying they didn't do their jobs while Obama was in office.

For your comprehension, I bolded the relevant parts of the post for you. Care to try again?

cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:43 pm
@Baldimo,
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/11/welch.palin.email/index.html

Quote:
Sarah Palin movie trailer
RELATED TOPICS
Sarah Palin
Media
Barack Obama
He said, both presumptively and inaccurately, that "we're making sure America can out-build, out-innovate, and out-compete the rest of the world." And he gave the distinct -- and distinctly false -- impression that Chrysler has repaid every dime of what it owes American taxpayers, mostly by saying "Chrysler has repaid every dime and more of what it owes American taxpayers for their support during my presidency -- and it repaid that money six years ahead of schedule."
Glenn Kessler, who writes "The Fact Checker" blog for the Washington Post website, described Obama's address as "one of the most misleading collections of assertions we have seen in a short presidential speech. Virtually every claim by the president regarding the auto industry needs an asterisk."

This proves there were plenty of media scrutiny on Obama.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/12/world/americas/12iht-obama.4.13669933.html
Baldimo

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I have to ask:
1. Is English your second language?
2. Do you comprehend what you read?
3. Do you have access to the media such as tv and newspapers?
4. Do you like your wages to keep up with inflation?
5. Do you prefer congress to cooperate through negotiation?
6. Do you prefer McConnell's tactics of no negotiation/gridlock?
7. Do you understand what the liberals have provided for our citizens such as social security, Medicare, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
8. What do you want from our government?

I'll play along just to entertain an old man.

1) Nope, ASL is my second language
2)I sure do and Ipointed out to you in another post how the comprehension or lack of, falls into your lap.
3)Sure do, and I watched them cover for the Obama admin from the time he first came to attention in 2004 until today. The MSM news has NEVER been critical of Obama or his policies.
4) My wages are already above inflation, I have a career that pays well and keeps my skills at or above the market requirement for what I do. I've taken upon myself to make sure I was marketable, although I could use a college degree so that I can up my income by about 10-15k per year. Although you might consider that greedy.
5) I would prefer our govt worked the way it was intended, checks and balances, not a rubber stamp of approval for the sitting President.
6)McConnell's? You say this but forget that Reid played the same game against the GOP. Bias much?
7)Liberals? No party lables huh? Don't want anyone to know that the GOP was the reason for the Civil Rights act to pass? Your bias is showing.
8)I don't want much to be honest. It's you who seeks out govt answers to everything you see as wrong.
Baldimo

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You posted another opinion piece as fact... Why do you do that so often?
cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:51 pm
@Baldimo,
Opinions are factual until you can refute them with other facts.
blatham

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:52 pm
Last night, Sean Spicer said that DC-area hotels are "sold out for miles".
Quote:
David FrumVerified account
‏@davidfrum David Frum Retweeted Donald J. Trump
http://Expedia.com shows that 61 hotels in downtown Washington DC still have rooms available.

What the heck. No sense beginning his tenure as WH spokesman by actually being honest. That would set entirely the wrong standards and precedents for the future
Baldimo

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Opinions are factual until you can refute them with other facts.

Opinions are opinions and nothing more.

Quote:
A fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of a person's feelings that cannot be proven. Opinions can be based on facts or emotions and sometimes they are meant to deliberately mislead others. Therefore, it is important to be aware of the author's purpose and choice of language.

The reason no one accepts opinion pieces as news.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:09 pm
Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump bragged Thursday that his incoming Cabinet has “by far the highest IQ of any Cabinet ever assembled.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-cabinet-highest-iq-233853
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:17 pm
@blatham,
Perhaps they do.
cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:19 pm
@blatham,
That's really funny, because Trump claimed he was smart because he graduated from Wharton, but the faculty and students at Wharton disclaimed him.
Nobody at/from Wharton wants to associate themselves with Trump.
Trump won't show his grades. (or his tax returns.)

Also, here's this:
http://som.yale.edu/news/news/why-high-iq-doesnt-mean-youre-smart
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You do realize that Trump is not a member of his cabinet, don't you?
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:43 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Last night, Sean Spicer said that DC-area hotels are "sold out for miles".
Quote:
David FrumVerified account
‏@davidfrum David Frum Retweeted Donald J. Trump
http://Expedia.com shows that 61 hotels in downtown Washington DC still have rooms available.

What the heck. No sense beginning his tenure as WH spokesman by actually being honest. That would set entirely the wrong standards and precedents for the future

I just checked and it's up to 91 hotels. Prices are pretty high though, $300+/night
cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:50 pm
Looks like Trump is bad for the stock market. It's down almost 100 points today from past losses.
Baldimo

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 02:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You really do pick and choose what to give a President credit for depending on who they are and what the situation is. If the stock market tanks and someone blames Obama, you reply with something along the lines of "that doesn't happen, he has no control over such things... blah blah blah". If gas prices go low, Obama gets the credit, when they go high, Obama had nothing to do with it. The same thing if you blame or give credit to a President or the Congress they work with. Are you always so split brained?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 02:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's really funny,

Yes, I'd seen your Wharton data earlier.

The "by far smartest cabinet ever" tweet is absolutely typical for this con man/wrestling promoter. Speaking truthfully is of no interest to him at all. Recall his doctor's statement, that Trump was the healthiest man to ever enter the presidency. Guess who dictated that statement.

And note that at energy he is replacing a nuclear physicist with Rick Perry.
blatham

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 02:10 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Prices are pretty high though, $300+/night

A small price to pay for getting even a passing glimpse of America's first Supreme Pharaonic Creature.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 02:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Perhaps they do.

But of course, Trump only deals with the brightest and best, and regrets that no one is as gifted as he. He also won the popular vote by 8 million, has married three of the most beautiful women in the world and has a sparkling vocabulary. It's tremendous, it's like very, it's tremendous and he will make educated people weep every time he opens his duplicitous mouth. Purists would call him a liar, but his apologists find that harsh.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 02:27 pm
After interview with Trump fan Rhonda Pearce
Quote:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2h2 hours ago
Rhonda Pearce, homemaker in North Carolina, most admires that Trump is always willing to admit he was wrong after he misspeaks.

Yeah, that's right on the money. She should be in his cabinet.
cicerone imposter

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 02:36 pm
@blatham,
Does Rhonda know Trump lies most of the time? Like over 90%?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 03:00 pm
@blatham,
It's a spiral down.
(I'm grumpy today)