monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 08:19 am
@reasoning logic,
Finance first and foremost, a thousand different ways not the least of which was the DNC hack and all the subsequent WikiLeaks which kept on coming all through the campaign season. Whether any of them proved to be successful beyond doubt is not the point, it was the intent of a conspiracy between Putin/Russia and the Trump campaign to win an election which matters in the end. I am willing to concede there might not be a smoking gun proving a premeditated intent to conspire with Russia to win an election with the Trump campaign. However, there has been already proven cooperation of help from Russia with the Trump campaign and/or people associated with it. There has already been proof of any benefits Russia would get, such as sanctions lifted, with people associated with Trump campaign.
reasoning logic

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 08:26 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Finance first and foremost

Wasn't trump out spent by the DNC? The majority of his fame came from the news networks who did not want him to win.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 08:31 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
the DNC hack and all the subsequent WikiLeaks which kept on coming all through the campaign season.

Did you see where the publisher of wikileak's mother tweeted out the leaks were made by Seth rich?
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 08:49 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Can you think of any way Putin could have helped trump win?

How about steadily releasing the content of stolen e-mails which leave her campaign in disarray, flooding social media with attention-grabbing false stories, and contributing money and information to Trump's political organization?

Quote:
Wasn't trump out spent by the DNC?

You're conveniently leaving out all the sources of dark money and quasi-independent political expenditures made by Clinton's opponents.

Quote:
Did you see where the publisher of wikileak's mother tweeted out the leaks were made by Seth rich?

You'll need to provide some documentation there. "The publisher of wikileak's mother" is not a particularly credible reference.
Blickers

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 09:16 am
@revelette1,
Quote revellette:
Quote:
Unless there is some kind of smoking gun such as proof of a private meeting between Trump and Putin to discuss Putin willing to help Trump win the presidency, I don't see Trump being charged with conspiracy. Instead it has been all the people around Trump accepting help from Russians/Putin's government in an effort to elect Trump. Most of these people end up indicating Trump knew, but I am not sure that would be enough in a legal sense.

If he knew before or while it was happening, he's part of the conspiracy. Hence the famous Watergate hearing line by Republican Senator Lowell Weicker: "What did the President know and when did he know it?"

If he knew after it happened but did not do anything to bring the people to justice, I believe that is also a crime.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 10:01 am
@hightor,
You do not think Hillary's loss had anything to do with the fact many people around the country preferred Trump over Hillary and the electoral college indicated that?
coldjoint

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 10:38 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If you weren't such an islamophobic bigot

That Islamophobic word means he has nothing to say. He is trying to transfer the blame from Islam to you and others. It is an answer from a coward that denies reality because he cannot handle it. And it is costing lives and destroying futures daily.

It is better to totally ignore what he says. It is so far from the truth it is useless to the point of being destructive to the society he has clearly given up on. He is happy to support censorship of the media and arrest people for speaking out about a very serious problem.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 11:13 am
Irish politicians urge the public to "send a clear signal to the American people" during Trump’s November trip.
Quote:
Politicians and activists in Ireland have pledged to protest against Donald Trump when he visits in November.

On Friday, the White House announced the visit to Ireland would take place as part of a European tour that would also see the US president travel to Paris for a commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Armistice after the first world war.

A White House statement said Trump’s visit would “renew the deep and historic ties between our two nations”.

The Irish Labour party, Greens and Solidarity – People Before Profit all pledged to organise protests surrounding the visit, within an hour of the announcement.
[...]
Trump was originally invited to Ireland by former taoiseach Enda Kenny on his final St Patrick’s Day visit to the White House.

Details of the forthcoming visit have yet to be released, however it is thought Trump will spend two days in Ireland.

The announcement has proved overwhelmingly unpopular on social media, with many criticising Trump’s policies.
The Guardian

Quote:
In what will be a major diplomatic headache for the Government, Mr Trump will spend one day in Dublin and one day in Co Clare, where he owns a golf course.
[...]
The Irish Council for civil Liberties has backed the calls for protest against Trump's message, saying it would "send a clear and powerful message."

ICCL Executive Director Liam Herrick said: "This visit will present an opportunity for the Irish people to show the world our values.

"We can send out a powerful and clear message to our friends in the United States and all over the world that we reject the racism, misogyny and divisiveness of this President; and that we stand in solidarity with those who are being affected by his policies and with those in the US who are working to resist him, such as our colleagues at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), who have been leading the fight to against Trump in the courts and on the streets.

"We are confident that the Irish people will respond to this visit with a powerful expression of our values. It will be essential that the State authorities facilitate the protests and demonstrations that will take place."

He added: "This visit will take place at a moment when the foundations of civil liberties and human rights are under attack in the US, in Europe and around the world. That attack is being led by Trump and his far-right admirers.

"The Irish Government and the Irish people must stand up and be counted at this crucial historical moment."
Independent. ie
coldjoint

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 11:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Irish politicians urge the public to "send a clear signal to the American people" during Trump’s November trip.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 11:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
A White House statement said Trump’s visit would “renew the deep and historic ties between our two nations”.

Nations that put up/cover up US war crimes and terrorism just to make money trading with them. People the world over are actually very evil, right, Walter. Germans traded Hitler and the Nazis for the US Nazis.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 12:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I don't know anything about Ireland and what they think to comment on Trump visiting there. There seems to be few citizens of countries which seem to welcome a Trump visit. I don't blame them.

I am struck by the irony that once again Trump is going to stay at his golf course. We as tax payers will end up paying for Trump to stay at his golf course, Trump will end up getting the money the tax payers pay because he owns the golf course. What a swindle he has going on.
camlok

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 12:24 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I am struck by the irony that once again Trump is going to stay at his golf course. We as tax payers will end up paying for Trump to stay at his golf course, Trump will end up getting the money the tax payers pay because he owns the golf course. What a swindle he has going on.

That would be a serious conflict of interest, rev, but why do these tiny little things seem to bother you so but you aren't the least bit concerned by the murders of millions?

Virtually every post I read of yours, this thought goes thru my mind; "This is a person who makes claims to be religious".
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You do not think Hillary's loss had anything to do with the fact many people around the country preferred Trump over Hillary and the electoral college indicated that?

Actually I do think along those lines. If you had asked "Did Putin help Trump to win?" I would have replied that I didn't know. And it's possible that trolls in other countries besides Russia — Macedonia, for instance —were at work as well so all the credit wouldn't go to Putin anyway.

You asked,"Can you think of any way Putin could have helped trump win?" All three of the methods I referred to were employed. And no one can accurately measure how many voters' preferences were changed or how many Democrats sat on their hands because of negative stories carried by the mainstream media due to Russian meddling and legitimate coverage of the unfolding story.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 01:23 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

@revelette1,
Quote:
Quote:

Here we get to the really neat thing about Donald Trump... Trump could pay for all the golf outings which he or anybody else in his family might ever require with what to him amounts to pocket change. Unlike the Obungas or KKKlintlers, he cannot be bought. He simply does not need anybody else's money.

If Donald Trump's thinking processes were like those of Demokkkrat politicians, he would have retired to some island resort by now along with his family. He gave up the billionaire lifestyle in order to try to fix the damage which Demokkkrats and RINOs have done to the United States over recent decades. In other words, what we see with Donald Trump is a pure triumph of patriotism over hedonism.

Myriads of good walkaway stories:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=walkaway

You too can #walkaway. Walk away from the crime syndicate of the Demokkkrat party. Walk away from George Soros and trans-national gangsterism. Walk away from the KKKlinton machine. Walk away from criminality, stupidity, and mindless hatred. Stop being a Demokkkrat. Just wall away.

0 Replies

Builder

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 03:30 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I think he will have to expose these agencies himself.

Trump is hinting at a September disclosure.

As his former opponent once famously stated; if she goes down, she's taking half of congress with her, and therein lies the major barrier to any kind of progress with this kind of swamp draining; so many involved, right through the ranks, and in the media, that it will largely be hidden from the public, until it can't be hidden any more.
Builder

Sat 1 Sep, 2018 06:29 pm
@coldjoint,
Recent release from the Prez.

source

"This month, I encourage all Americans to take the opportunity to ensure they have an emergency response plan in place and ready to be properly executed. Emergencies and disasters test the resilience and strength of families, communities, and our Nation. It is impossible to avoid every challenge and threat, but we can and must prepare for them. By doing so, we can help protect our communities and save lives.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim September 2018 as National Preparedness Month. I encourage all Americans, including Federal, State, and local officials, to take action to be prepared for disaster or emergency by making and practicing their emergency response plans. Each step we take to become better prepared makes a real difference in how our families and communities will respond and persevere when faced with the unexpected.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirty-first day of August, in the year of our Lord two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-third.

DONALD J. TRUMP (end quote)

Could be just the standard warning, or a heads up to be prepared for a major shift.
0 Replies