Mon 27 Aug, 2018 02:56 am
Pretty ******* funny watching the haters here living in
constant denial though. You kids amuse me enough to
Keep me checking in every day or so.
Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 04:42 am
@Builder,
Yeah, the hate-filled die-hard Trump supporters do offer us some amusement. Everything's a conspiracy!
oristarA

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 05:44 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dlf1-VlV4AAUmHX?format=jpg
revelette1

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 06:25 am
Quote:
President Trump nixed issuing a statement that praised the heroism and life of Sen. John McCain, telling senior aides he preferred to issue a tweet before posting one Saturday night that did not include any kind words for the late Arizona Republican.

Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Chief of Staff John F. Kelly and other White House aides advocated for an official statement that gave the decorated Vietnam War POW plaudits for his military and Senate service and called him a “hero,” according to current and former White House aides, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal deliberations. The original statement was drafted before McCain died Saturday, and Sanders and others edited a final version this weekend that was ready for the president, the aides said.

President Trump nixed issuing a statement that praised the heroism and life of Sen. John McCain, telling senior aides he preferred to issue a tweet before posting one Saturday night that did not include any kind words for the late Arizona Republican.

“My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!” Trump posted Saturday evening shortly after McCain’s death was announced.

Sanders declined to comment Sunday afternoon.

“It’s atrocious,” Mark Corallo, a former spokesman for Trump’s legal team and a longtime Republican strategist, said of Trump’s reaction to McCain’s death. “At a time like this, you would expect more of an American president when you’re talking about the passing of a true American hero.”

The break with precedent of previous presidents — who have typically released effusive official statements for noteworthy Americans upon their death — underscored the bitter relationship between the two men, Trump’s continued anger toward McCain, and the substantive and stylistic differences between them, people close to both men said.

White House aides instead posted statements from officials other than the president praising McCain. By Sunday afternoon, the vice president, secretary of state, homeland security secretary, defense secretary, national security adviser, White House press secretary, counselor to the president, education secretary, interior secretary and others had posted statements lauding the 2008 Republican presidential nominee. Former presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush issued glowing eulogies as well.

Other world leaders, including Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and French President Emmanuel Macron, released similar statements.

“John McCain was a true American hero. He devoted his entire life to his country. His voice will be missed. Our respectful thoughts go to his beloved ones,” Macron posted on Twitter.

WP
maporsche

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 06:57 am
@revelette1,
I wonder what past and future presidents and republican senators will say when Trump finally passes.
Setanta

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 07:41 am
@maporsche,
revelette1

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 08:30 am
@Setanta,
Oh gosh, Setanta, he'll probably have a heart attack tomorrow, then it might feel awkward. I have to admit I have thought about what I should say here if he kills over. Or is it "keels?"
camlok

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 08:45 am
@revelette1,
On you go, rev, pumping out the usual rank US propaganda. Have you no shame whatsoever? Three million Vietnamese slaughtered by your war criminal governments.
camlok

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 08:48 am
@hightor,
And the "cool" gang goes on illustrating they have no actual respect for free speech.
0 Replies

camlok

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 08:52 am
@oristarA,
McCain was a war criminal, Ori, a man who served the most evil of world leaders, like Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, ... men who happily slaughtered 4 to 5 million people. The US is full of autocrats, men who pull off these murders in secret but that never seems to matter to their adoring citizens who are always willing to support murder and mayhem.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 09:01 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Pretty ******* funny watching the haters here living in
constant denial though.
You kids amuse me enough to
Keep me checking in every day or so.

Figured I would quote your whole post because it is below viewing threshold. You have a point there. The Left is now overrun with haters.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 09:11 am
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/26be49a574320d8ca988820628d481ef7a49d84538aaf07683094bc3e2431dc3.jpg?w=800&h=495
http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=135114
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 09:54 am
@camlok,
Vietnam says John McCain helped 'heal the wounds of war'
coldjoint

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 09:55 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Yeah, the hate-filled die-hard Trump supporters

Trump supporters are the "hated", not the "haters". The MSM proves that, Democrat politicians prove that, and Antifa proves that. The Nazi like propaganda of attaching your faults to the the enemy is now well known and used constantly. It is not working.
0 Replies

camlok

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:18 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Vietnam says John McCain helped 'heal the wounds of war'

Vietnam has to suck up to the US, rev, just as most countries do to prevent another deeply amoral crippling embargo like the US put on them after the end of hostilities to punish Vietnam for the US war crimes.

Have you no sense of compassion, justice, decency, ... ?

This is why you don't hear other countries point out US war crimes and terrorism. Who knows that the US is the only nation ever to be convicted of international terrorism? Who knows that the entire world, 198-2, [US & Israel] has been condemning the US's terrorism against Cuba for the last 1/4 century.

Have you see any condemnation of the US for those things? Any UN sanctions? Any diplomats expelled.

Have you no sense of compassion, justice, decency, ... ?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:28 am
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/Media_Sleeping120180825013727.jpg
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/08/27/its-time-for-a-conservative-purge-n2513270
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:31 am
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/cb082418dAPR20180824084524.jpg
camlok

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:33 am
@coldjoint,
Yup, cj, the most corrupt banana republic ever, the good ole US of A.

What has caused this little spurt of honesty from you?
0 Replies

camlok

Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:36 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Everything's a conspiracy!

Don't you know it, hightor!!

The Maine, the Gulf of Tonkin, the Iraq WMDs, the BS about Afghanistan, the Muslim conspiracy to attack the USA, the ... .

How many of these have you been taken in by?
0 Replies