monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Blickers

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
@camlok,
Quote camlok:
Quote:
Don't you believe in free speech?

See, that's the problem for trolls like you from authoritarian countries. You mess up because you think everyone else in the world is an authoritarian, because that's all you have ever seen in your life.

When a Westerner says that so-and-so "Has a lot to say for a guy who just got through doing eight months", you think I'm calling for the guy to get arrested, jailed, tortured and possibly executed for saying something I object to, because that's how things work in whatever place you live.

Whereas, what the Westerner is merely saying is that a guy who couldn't figure out how to keep his butt out of court-ordered imprisonment might not have much advice to offer worth listening to. About anything. The Westerner isn't thinking about imprisoning the guy, just laughing at him.

But we can't expect you to know that, coming from where you do. By the way, where do you come from?
camlok

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:24 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
See, that's the problem for trolls like you from authoritarian countries. You mess up because you think everyone else in the world is an authoritarian, because that's all you have ever seen in your life.

Why would you make such a ludicrous statement when you have absolutely no evidence to support this arrant nonsense?

This is a perfect illustration that it isn't just Trump followers who have no respect for the truth.
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:31 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
When a Westerner says that so-and-so "Has a lot to say for a guy who just got through doing eight months", you think I'm calling for the guy to get arrested, jailed, tortured and possibly executed for saying something I object to, because that's how things work in whatever place you live.

Whereas, what the Westerner is merely saying is that a guy who couldn't figure out how to keep his butt out of court-ordered imprisonment might not have much advice to offer worth listening to. About anything. The Westerner isn't thinking about imprisoning the guy, just laughing at him.

But we can't expect you to know that, coming from where you do. By the way, where do you come from?

And you only got worse, much much worse, Blickers. How do you expect to ever live down this craziness you have posted?

Can you say Guantanamo?

Are you aware of the numerous US black hole torture chambers around the world?

Are you aware of the experts on torture being the CIA?

Are you aware of the US terrorist training camp in the southern US that has been operating since just after WWII, a camp that has seen its graduates become the best of the best torturers, dictators in Central and South America?
Blickers

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:36 am
@camlok,
Uh huh. Now that you have dealt, such as you did, with all my other points, you conspicuously forgot one.

What country do you come from?
Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:16 pm
Ohio and colouring.
Hard, so very very hard.
The hardest ever.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/trump-managed-botch-photo-op-ohio-kids-coloring-american-flag-wrong/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlaIAm1UUAER3Ym?format=jpg&name=360x360

not a serious thing
along the lines of

https://i2.wp.com/www.bensakoguchi.com/pics/oc-sakoguchi-12-dan-quayle-michael-mancuso-pototo-trenton.jpg

we'll call it contemporary political humour
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 01:40 pm
@hightor,
Sterl like many revisionists are quite glib with their 20/20 hindsight on the Dominoe Effect. The notion wasn’t that Vietnam falling to the Communists would lead to Red Armies on the shores of the US in years or even decades, it was that if the undeniable expansionist goals of Russia and China were not checked, the US would eventually become isolated and vulnerable.
Olivier5

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 01:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That's a detail though. Not too surprised that you lashed out on this minute point.
Blickers

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 01:53 pm
@camlok,
Quote camlok:
Quote:
Don't you believe that people from all countries should have freedom of speech?

Already said I'm not opposed to free speech. Also already said I believe in the right of the individual to laugh at someone who used their free speech to say something stupid.

But that was not my question. My question is, for the third time: What country are you from? I'm from the USA, born and raised here, so what country are you from?
Olivier5

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 01:59 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
what country are you from?

JTT/Camlok has never ever answered that one.
camlok

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Sterl like many revisionists are quite glib with their 20/20 hindsight on the Dominoe Effect. The notion wasn’t that Vietnam falling to the Communists would lead to Red Armies on the shores of the US in years or even decades, it was that if the undeniable expansionist goals of Russia and China were not checked, the US would eventually become isolated and vulnerable.

You know that is total nonsense, drivel, ..., Finn, still you are more than willing to lie/propagandize.

How can you so wantonly lie? Russia and China helped Vietnam and Korea throw out the evil invading hordes of Americans/Australians/... and then went home.
camlok

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:04 pm
@Blickers,
It's amazing that you have the gall to even show your face after making such an "un-American" spectacle of yourself.
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:05 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
I'm from the USA, born and raised here

Yes, your posts reek of that.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
expansionist goals of Russia and China were not checked, the US would eventually become isolated and vulnerable.

So perhaps you could explain why you defend a president who talks of NATO being obsolete, who makes speeches that we have to break with the past and deal with Russia on the basis of mutual self-interest, (the previous position being dealing with Russia as a leader of our NATO allies). A president whose national security advisor was just off Putin's payroll (and indeed led a toast to Putin on the 10th anniversary of his propaganda network as pictured below). Whose same national security advisor was recorded telling the Russian ambassador not to worry because Trump was going to get the sanctions against Russia withdrawn. And had numerous high appointees making surreptitious meetings with high ranking Kremlin officials and lied about it to the FBI.

Given that NATO not only stopped Russian expansionism in Europe in its tracks, and also provided NATO haven for the newly free independent Eastern European nations who were able to escape the clutches of the Big Bear in 1991, (preventing Russia from re-expanding), how can you support such a president if you are concerned with Russian expansion?

Can we have an explanation of that?

PS: The ear scratcher is Michael Flynn, Trump's too-be-appointed national security advisor sitting next to Vladimir Putin at the 10th anniversary of Russia's propaganda outlet, the RT, (Russia Today), network.

https://i.imgur.com/B6GvaQZ.png?1
camlok

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:10 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Given that NATO not only stopped Russian expansionism in Europe in its tracks,

Woeful ignorance, typical of brainwashed Americans. Why would the kind, benevolent USA create right wing terrorist squads in post WWII western nations and use false flag terrorist actions, killing innocent people just to blame on Russia, left wing organizations, labor organizations, ... .

Which likely exist to this day, though some have been moved to Ukraine.

That is evil on the grandest of scales. At the top of the evil scale, proudly sits the USA and far too many of its citizens.
camlok

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:14 pm
@Olivier5,
Why am I not surprised by you jumping into this exceedingly lame exercise, Olivier?

Why am I not surprised at how terminally uninformed you are?
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:19 pm
@camlok,
Quote camlok:
Quote:
false flag terrorist actions

Yeah, we've heard it all before. But the question is, for the fourth time, what country are you from?
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote Olivier5:
Quote:
JTT/Camlok has never ever answered that one.

I figure if we keep asking, maybe the 3,000th time or so will be the charm.
ehBeth

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:36 pm
@camlok,
it is a bit ironic that isolationism was once not desirable in the US

Quote:
if the undeniable expansionist goals of Russia and China were not checked, the US would eventually become isolated and vulnerable.

https://mondediplo.com/2018/01/08trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/03/us/politics/trump-foreign-policy.html

this in particular is what some FSO retiree friends have been talking about for the last couple of years

http://thehill.com/opinion/international/401983-trumps-america-first-policies-are-going-to-put-america-way-behind

(especially those who worked in Taipei/Kuala Lumpar etc starting in the late 1950's)

Quote:
China’s Belt and Road Initiative is a $1 trillion project to build rail and sea routes, ports, roads, energy projects, business parks across 70 countries, and China is using it to influence foreign policy, control transport routes and develop a military presence in strategic regions. Sixteen U.S. senators have asked the administration to pressure the International Monetary Fund to stifle it. The IMF strategy is fruitless; it won’t stop BRI. But the senators are right to worry.

To counter BRI, Trump must reverse his “America First” isolationist foreign policy. As Council on Foreign Relations senior fellow Ely Ratner warns, due to BRI and America First, the U.S. is losing its geopolitical battle with China and "many foreign policy achievements over the last 75 years will be lost and … will take generations (at least) to revive.” China’s President Xi Jinping – with projects like BRI and direct foreign aid – is filling the vacuum left by Trump’s policies.

America First has diminished America’s influence and seeded disrespect for the U.S. around the world. By abandoning the Trans Pacific Trade Partnership, the Paris Climate Accord and the Iran nuclear deal, we lost forums in which America could communicate, influence, and lead. We also lost credibility and the respect and trust of the members of NATO and the World Trade Organization from the insults Trump hurled at them. After we left TPP, China, which was not in TPP, quickly entered trade pacts with16 countries responsible for a third of global GDP. All of them excluded the US. Our departure strengthened China’s ability to bully countries in the region.
camlok

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 02:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
it is a bit ironic that isolationism was once not desirable in the US

Isolation, in the sense of a profound ignorance of the world, not to mention many other aspects of science and learning, has always been central to the USA.

With regard to jingoistic isolation, isolation has always been at the forefront. Roosevelt had to plan an event to drag America into WWII.

Quote:
"Our departure strengthened China’s ability to bully countries in the region."

This kind of talk is the same bullshit propaganda since forever. There is no bigger bully in the world than the USA. I don't know how people can say this with a straight face.

Myriad illegal invasions since WWII. The largest terrorist organization in the world. A terrorist training camp within the USA that has operated since WWII.
0 Replies