monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 02:12 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Facts show 90% of coverage on Trump is negative.

Not surprising.
Quote:
I think bias figures into that prominently.

I don't think you quite grasp how electing a person with no government experience in the hope that he would "shake things up" is directly responsible for the amount of negative coverage he gets. The partisan divisiveness and dramatic bombast is all so unnecessary, especially at such a critical time in both domestic and international politics.

Maybe you can prove your point though — can you reference some particular passages in the Korea article I posted that are obviously false and simply evidence that the author doesn't "like" Trump?
maporsche

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 02:20 pm
@hightor,
The news could simply show DT's tweets without comment and it would be viewed as negative coverage.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 02:25 pm
Quote:
TRUE: Jews are More Often Victims of Hate Crimes than Muslims

From the Lefts favorite site. So you realize how the media promotes pro-Islamic propaganda. Just a little follow up.
Quote:
The FBI reported that in 2014, there were 609 incidents of hate crimes against Jews and 154 against Muslims.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/true-jews-are-more-often-victims-of-hate-crimes-than-muslims/
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 02:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Move along folks. Nothing here but fact free innuendo. So very conspiracy-theories-are-us joint screwiness.

s. Nothing here
MontereyJack

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 02:39 pm
@coldjoint,
Trump sure tried. Fortunately for the country it didn't work.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 03:02 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
As opposed to the very little Obama had?

I'm not here to defend #44. But I will point out that, besides being a legal scholar, he had experience in state government and the US Senate. He didn't come out swinging on Day One, insulting the press, lying about the size of his inaugural audience, and vowing to undo everything done by his predecessor.
Quote:
...Obama's apology tour...

That's biased!

Quote:
One illustrative example is from a speech Obama gave in Strasbourg, France, in April 2009. It is one of the “apology” examples cited by Romney in his book.

Obama, April 3, 2009: "I know that there have been honest disagreements over policy, but we also know that there’s something more that has crept into our relationship. In America, there’s a failure to appreciate Europe’s leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

"But in Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans choose to blame America for much of what’s bad.

"On both sides of the Atlantic, these attitudes have become all too common. They are not wise. They do not represent the truth. They threaten to widen the divide across the Atlantic and leave us both more isolated."

In this case, Obama admits to American failings, and then couples that with a critique of misperceptions fostered about the U.S. in Europe. That’s well short of a formal apology.

op. cit.

Now, if you want to see a real apology tour, just wait for the poor bastard who inherits Trump's mess and has to begin cleaning it up.
Builder

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 03:36 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Now, if you want to see a real apology tour, just wait for the poor bastard who inherits Trump's mess and has to begin cleaning it up.

And that's not biased? See what I mean about double--standards now?

Firstly, the DNC is not even close to fielding a candidate of any merit, and if HRC arranges to be the nominee again, it will be the funniest whitewash in history, if she's not campaigning from behind bars, that is.

Secondly, the American people don't like single people with no known heritage as candidates, so fielding a "bastard" would be a real error of judgement, but again, that wouldn't surprise me from the DNC.

Thirdly, what exactly is this "mess" you're talking about? The dismantling of the DOJ and corrupted CIA had to happen. If you think it's a mess, wait until it's really heating up in the court rooms.

You're big on rhetoric, but low on practical reality, Hi.
Builder

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 03:46 pm
Oh lookee here; even the satanists are protesting the president.

Trump must be on the right track with those strangeoids.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 03:46 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
...Obama's apology tour...

Take your fact checker. I'll take the truth. It was an apology tour.
coldjoint

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 03:51 pm
https://i1.wp.com/www.informationliberation.com/files/zuckerberg-opinion-deleted.jpg?w=640&ssl=1
http://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/08/19/boom-trumps-war-with-facebook-has-begun-ben-carson-fires-first-shot-2/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 04:04 pm
Quote:
Judge Jeanine Risks It All Exposing Mueller’s Big Benghazi Secret & 4 Dead Americans

Turns out Mueller had a big part in covering Obama and Killary asses in Benghazi.. Looks like he is just another partisan hack. Things like further subtract from his credibility which is practically nil as it is.

https://madworldnews.com/judge-jeanine-muellers-benghazi/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 04:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
conspiracy

It is an obvious this a conspiracy. It will be proven whether you like it, or agree.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 04:46 pm
Quote:
Democrats Are Fielding Even More Anti-Semitic Candidates For Congress

It has been becoming socially acceptable to hate Israel and Jews. Not that antisemitism is by any means new. But it is new that what are called mainstream Democrats are jumping on board.
Quote:
Lastly, there is Leslie Cockburn, the Democratic nominee in Virginia’s 5th Congressional District. The Virginia GOP has accused her of being a “virulent anti-Semite,” based on her-coauthorship of “Dangerous Liaison: The Inside Story of the U.S.-Israeli Covert Relationship,” a book that “advocated for the inherently anti-Semitic belief that Israel controls America’s foreign policy.”

The Virginia GOP quoted from The New York Times review of the book: “Its first message is that, win or lose, smart or dumb, right or wrong, suave or boorish, Israelis are a menace. The second is that the Israeli-American connection is somewhere behind just about everything that ails us.”

That last statement by NYT shows they are not too fond of Jews either. And I recall someone posted about "Kars for Kids" was a Jewish charity like it was a bad thing. All religions have charities.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/20/democrats-fielding-even-anti-semitic-candidates-congress/#.W3rTn9FcBtk.twitter
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 06:08 pm
Razz

Aside from being white, there are three other facts about tRumps average supporter. Rural dwelling, less educated. Oh and also the insane and politically naive.

tRump only strongly appeals to 30% of just the Republican Party. We have to always keep fresh in our minds that he NEVER won a popular vote. Even most Republicans initially supported one of the other 16 GOP contenders that ran in 2016. And he still didn't surpass Hillary.

Today, he still hasn't had a 50% approval rating or higher and we're already two years in. His successes are just patchwork made from the tail end of all his failures.
hightor

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 06:33 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
And that's not biased?

No. Who said anything about the DNC? It could be a bastard from either party.
hightor

Mon 20 Aug, 2018 06:53 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Take your fact checker.

Sure. They couldn't find any examples of his apologizing to anyone anywhere about anything. Can you?
coldjoint wrote:
I'll take the truth.

Um, maybe you haven't heard...

Truth isn't truth.

(I have that on pretty good authority.)