monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oristarA

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 04:00 am
@layman,
Who would like to explain the following English to me? It looks simple enough yet complicated at the same time:

layman wrote:

The economy is looking so good that I set up my own manufacturing factory last week.

It's a meth lab in my bathtub.

The first sentence appears to compliment the economy of the United States. It is understandable because Layman's always Trump's man and a good economy delivers us a good image of President Trump, which is what Layman always likes to do.

Then comes the second sentence, which gives us the answer we are eager to know: What factory can be set up so thunderingly fast? It's a meth lab in my bathtub.

What?! Drug making is indeed profitable, yet it is illegal and tarring Trump's good image, which is what Layman always hates to do.

So the two sentences contradict each other.

What does Layman mean? My guess is that he might have meant that no factory can be set up so fact. It takes time unless you do dirty jobs. So the basic message that Layman wants to deliver is: The economy is good, yes (Kudos go to Trump's leadership), but it can't be unreasonably good and fast growing.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks in anticipation.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 04:04 am
Putin is going to break a rib laughing.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/russia/400405-russia-appoints-steven-seagal-as-special-representative-on?amp&__twitter_impression=true

The Russian Foreign Ministry said Saturday that it has appointed American actor Steven Seagal as a "special representative" for Russian-American humanitarian relations.

"The task is to promote the further development of Russian-American relations in the humanitarian sphere, including interaction in the field of culture, art, public and youth exchanges and more," the ministry said on its official Facebook page, according to a CNN translation of the post.

The ministry also said the position is comparable to that of a United Nations goodwill ambassador.

Seagal became a Russian citizen in 2016. He is reportedly close with Russian President Vladimir Putin and attended his swearing-in ceremony in May.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 08:46 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Serial liars hate Snopes. It reminds them that facts still exist.

It reminds them facts can be twisted by ideologues with a specific result in mind. It is nothing more that that. Manipulation and group think. The truth has little to do with either of those things.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 08:57 am
@coldjoint,
How does it feel, Pinki, when truth evaporates and all that remains in your mind are lies and more lies? Aren't you scared of the void, the emptiness of all your lies?
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 08:58 am
@Olivier5,
People like coldjoint try to be 'minority influencer' - they hope that (like in Moscovici's experiment) many say "green" when it's actually blue.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:09 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks, I didn't know of Pierre Moscovici's father nor of his work.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:09 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Aren't you scared of the void, the emptiness of all your lies?

That sounds like you are projecting. I do not lie, I don't have to, that is your game.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:11 am
@coldjoint,
Come on! You lie all the fuckin' time. Don't tell me you're unaware of that.
coldjoint

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:13 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Come on! You lie all the fuckin' time.

Produce on of those lies. I hope you realize your say on who is lying is not a credible source.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:17 am
@coldjoint,
Easy: you just said that Snopes is a disinformation site, which is not true.
coldjoint

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:21 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Easy: you just said that Snopes is a disinformation site, which is not true.

Did you read their article about Muhammad? That was disinformation and propaganda from apologists. And remember, you saying something hardly makes it true.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/snopes-perfect-man.aspx
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:39 am
@coldjoint,
Linking to a website with extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information as verification that Snopes is a disinformation website: just GREAT!
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:40 am
@coldjoint,
The disinformation is yours, the Snopes article on the Mohammad billboard is historically accurate, as always.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/indiana-muslims-muhammads-deeds/
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:43 am
@Olivier5,
But coldjoint thinks historic facts to be boring trivia.
coldjoint

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:44 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
the Snopes article on the Mohammad billboard is historically accurate

Quote:
A billboard displaying hate speech is nowhere near accurate.

That is from your link. How do you get they said it was historically accurate? You just lied. And the "mostly false" rating is also a lie the source I posted shows the truth in the matter.
coldjoint

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
But coldjoint thinks historic facts to be boring trivia.

Wait a minute, I think you are boring too. Shocked
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Linking to a website with extreme bias,

The truth is not bias. Find one lie in that websites literature. Should I wait? Start with the article on Muhammad and find just one lie there.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:54 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, he said as much. Maybe that's the thing: he's just bored with the patient parsing of facts necessary to arrive at a truthful narrative. Bored with the truth. Fantasy is much funnier.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:59 am
@coldjoint,
You're thick... The Snopes article describe accurately a billboard that provides an inaccurate portayal of Mohammad. It accurately debunks an inaccurate billboard.
coldjoint

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:59 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Bored with the truth.

Not the truth about Islam. You can also look for a lie in their literature. Everything they say is sourced with Islams own words.
0 Replies