monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 04:41 pm
https://godfatherpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/split-face-600-cdn-1200x630.jpg
https://godfatherpolitics.com/a-f-branco-cartoon-two-faced/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 04:46 pm
Quote:
Trump Hints That He Might Still Prosecute Hillary Clinton — “Some things just take a little bit longer”

Do not panic, it is worth waiting for. It looks like Killary will be in jail before 2025.
https://freedomoutpost.com/trump-hints-that-he-might-still-prosecute-hillary-clinton-some-things-just-take-a-little-bit-longer/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 04:58 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Be patient. Are you aware that it's not the job of journalists to press charges?

Are you aware the journalists have no idea what journalism is?
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 06:23 pm
@coldjoint,
Since the day Trump was elected the MSM has appointed itself as a de facto prosecutor. They were sure that, with enough lies, distortions, misrepresentation and non-stop condemnation of every single action he took and every word he said they could have him convicted by public opinion and impeached--probably in less than a year.

No need for actual facts, evidence, or proof that way, just opinions. They thought sure they could cultivate enough never-trump republicans get the job done with their hatchet pieces.

But Trump did something novel. He didn't just let the media use him as a punching bag, hoping to survive the onslaught--hoping not to get knocked out. He fought back. In the popular (social) media. And he's been kicking their sorry ass ever since.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 06:54 pm
Trump administration targeted immigrants traveling with children at the southern U.S. border for prosecution rather than childless adults, government data shows

Under a zero-tolerance immigration policy, the Trump administration chose to prosecute parents over childless adults at the border, resulting in separation

Government officials blamed parents for the separation of families, saying everyone who crossed the border would be prosecuted for illegal immigration

But new data shows only 32 percent of illegal crossings were prosecuted and government attorneys could have used discretion to avoid targeting families
More than 2,500 children were separated from their parents, although adults without kids crossed at a rate more than five times that of parents with children

By VALERIE BAUMAN SOCIAL AFFAIRS REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 12:18 EDT, 3 August 2018 | UPDATED: 20:16 EDT, 3 August 2018

The Trump administration chose to prosecute immigrant parents – resulting in family separations – instead of people entering the country without kids, according to new data.

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced a 'zero-tolerance' immigration policy in April, saying the government would prosecute anyone who crossed the border illegally. The resulting division of families was the fault of the parents who carelessly put their children in harm's way, Sessions said.

However, government data indicates that government officials made a choice to prosecute parents instead of unaccompanied adults, according to an analysis by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University.

Only 32 percent of immigrants apprehended at the southern U.S. border were prosecuted in April and May, giving the government discretion on which cases to pursue and prioritize. Despite that - and claims by government officials - ICE sought to prosecute many parents while simultaneously dividing them from their children

Only 32 percent of immigrants apprehended at the southern U.S. border were prosecuted in April and May, giving the government discretion on which cases to pursue and prioritize. Despite that - and claims by government officials - ICE sought to prosecute many parents while simultaneously dividing them from their children

Between April and June, the Trump administration separated more than 2,500 children from their parents after the families came into the country - legally and illegally - across the southern U.S. border as part of a 'zero tolerance' immigration policy. The policy sparked massive public outrage, leading to Trump ending it through an executive order on June 20.

The Department of Justice declined to comment to DailyMail.com.

While the administration says all 'eligible' children have been reunited with their parents, hundreds more remain separated – in some cases because the government deported their parents without them.

Only 32 percent of all adults caught during an illegal crossing actually were charged with a crime, raising the question why – when such a high proportion of adults were allowed to go free – weren't childless adults prosecuted over parents?

'The administration has not explained its rationale for prosecuting parents with children when that left so many other adults without children who were not being referred for prosecution,' the TRAC report said.

Customs and Border Protection 'personnel had to choose which individuals among those apprehended to refer to federal prosecutors,' the report added.

In fact, adults without children were apprehended in far greater numbers than adults with children. In April and May more than 24,000 adults without children were captured at the border each month, compared with about 4,500 adults with children per month during the same period.

Despite that, only 8,298 people were prosecuted in April, and 9,216 were prosecuted in May – much less than the total number of lone adults who crossed the border.

Data on how many of those prosecutions were parents with children versus lone adults was not yet available.
layman

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 06:59 pm
@coldjoint,
Snopes is for dopes.
roger

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 08:25 pm
@neptuneblue,
Yeah, I'm much against illegal immigration, but the government does have an odd sense of priorities. Maybe they're just taking the easy shots first.
layman

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 08:32 pm
@roger,
It's purty simpo, actually, aint it? Ya got a Mama, a Papa, and fo chillinz. That's 6, aint it? One bust gits ya 6 illegals, the other gets 1. Which one ya gunna go for?
layman

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 09:00 pm
@coldjoint,
The economy is looking so good that I set up my own manufacturing factory last week.

It's a meth lab in my bathtub.
roger

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 09:57 pm
@layman,
You suppose that's what I meant by 'easy shots first'?
glitterbag

Sat 4 Aug, 2018 10:16 pm
@roger,
Who knows, but targeting only people with small children is much more shocking and in your face than just rounding up migrant workers. Trump loves the strong arm method, it’s social shock and awe. It’s his version of ‘ look at me, I’m making the land of the free and the brave a nightmare for you’, fear me and my wrath. I am the all and powerful Oz.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 01:06 am
@Builder,
Most certainly, especially, when you follow the links they provide: all leading to fake sources.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 01:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Serial liars hate Snopes. It reminds them that facts still exist.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 01:18 am
@Olivier5,
I doubt these conspiracy supporters know what sources and facts are.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 01:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Right. For them, a 'source' is something Putin or Trump said.
layman

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 02:26 am
@Olivier5,
I got your source right here.
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 02:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Most certainly, especially, when you follow the links they provide: all leading to fake sources.

They were, in fact a hugely reputable source, up until the divorce.

Maybe have a read here, Walter, and see for yourself why they're under a cloudy doubtful aura now, and have been since 2015.

0 Replies