monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:19 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Here's a phone call we can presume has or will soon take place...

What would you do if your client /attorney rights were violated?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
We don't know what Flynch, Cohen and co will say or have already said. It's too early to dismiss them.

That is not what I asked. Why are no Americans indicted for collusion or conspiracy is what I asked.
blatham

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:23 pm
Trump threatens to slap tariffs on everything imported from China (h/t NYMag)

Golly. This is bound to put some strain on Walmart's generous wage and benefits program.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:25 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
This is bound to put some strain on Walmart's generous wage and benefits program.

How so, be specific.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:33 pm
I'd missed this genius idea
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded..
4:50 AM - Jul 9, 2017

The rest of the intelligence agencies of the western world and beyond will be excited as hell about this idea and will work hard to share what they know so that Putin can help out with intel and security issues.
ehBeth

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:39 pm
@blatham,
Given the reality of things, employees at Costco are more likely to feel the hit (they actually have really terrific benefits programs, unlike Walmart).

I remember on one of our first big trips to the US south and going to Walmart for the first time - all those Made in the USA / America signs over every rack. It was pretty darn wonderful. then the signs started to disappear Sad .
ehBeth

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:40 pm
@blatham,
another reason I didn't think it was good to have that NATO meeting before #45's meeting with Putin
Lash

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:51 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

At this stage, if it can be proven that during the campaign, the Trump team conspired with a bunch of Russians connected to Putin, then the ground for treason is clear. Given the proven fact of Russian meddling.

Of course. If.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 02:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
they actually have really terrific benefits programs, unlike Walmart

Why do you think companies that make money in our system have to spend that money on what they do not want to?

Do you and Justin want to go shopping and to be told what to buy? Heavens it could totally ruin his wardrobe.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah. "Made in America" is not an idea or value that multi-national entities are going to care about. It's a new era. Hell, even this present president probably ought not to be considered as made in America.
blatham

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:02 pm
@ehBeth,
That's a smart point.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:13 pm
Quote:
Maxine Waters Wants Trump Supporters To Stop Confronting Her

Doesn't that beat all. After telling people to harass Trump supporters and his cabinet members. Proving once again the total double standard. And the fact the consequences are of her own making. Maybe she will learn something about accountability.
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/maxine-waters-wants-trump-supporters-to-stop-confronting-her/
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:27 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
b) verifying that the new Mission Impossible movie will be released in 4K resolution. If it is, I want to go see it on a 70 foot screen. 4K on a 70 foot screen is exquisite.
Darn. 2K only.

Except for Dolby Cinema and Laser Imax of course.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:28 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
As traitors to the American people, Trump and Pence do belong in jail.
Making Democrats sad is hardly treason.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:31 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
At this point, we know that the ticket Trump-Pence was elected thanks to a massive push by the Russian,
No we don't.

Olivier5 wrote:
and it would appear that the campaign was in touch with the Russian and asked them for help.
Not really. Although there would be no problem if they had done so.

Olivier5 wrote:
That is treason.
No it isn't.

Olivier5 wrote:
And it has serious geopolitical consequences. Already Trump is behaving as a Russian asset, undermining NATO, etc.
If you want to have a war with Russia, run for office, win election, and take your country to war with Russia.

As our elected president, Trump has every right to make peace with Russia if he feels that is the best course of action.

Olivier5 wrote:
If it was anybody else than the president, you bet he would be in jail, and perhaps even in death row.
Not in any system where justice counts for something.

Olivier5 wrote:
Remember Julius and Ethel Rosenberg?
Remember that Julius was a minor spy who gave the Russians nothing useful. And Ethel was 100% innocent of any sort of wrongdoing whatsoever.
blatham

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:32 pm
Quote:
emptywheel
‏@emptywheel
Here's the biggest puzzle for me abt Trump. His biggest fear is to be mocked (cf WHCD 2011), to appear weak. His capitulation to Putin rightly makes him a mockery among those who aren't horrified. Why doesn't he care?
It's a damned good question.
oralloy

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
What remains to be proven, exactly? What I said is common knowledge...
Rumor and gossip about imaginary laws doesn't count for very much.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:33 pm
http://patriotretort.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/The-Biased-Bunch.jpg
Can't believe a word these people say.
http://patriotretort.com/the-biased-bunch/
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:34 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
Olivier5 wrote:
Trump and Pence have sold the US presidency to Russia. They belong in jail.
That pretty much sums it up.
I can't see anyone disagreeing with this statement.
I disagree with anti-Russia bigotry on principle.

It's a "right and wrong" sort of thing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:35 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Trump gets in serious trouble, the sort of trouble that could end his presidency and hand over control of government to the Dems
Hardly.

blatham wrote:
and...
Lash appears, describing the response to Helsinki as an instance of hysteria, insisting that there is no evidence suggest collusion/corruption of his campaign and his present activities,
That's called telling the truth and pointing out facts.