monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 08:34 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You therefore, should try to adopt some greater objectivity that is only affected by our country's needs and requirements.

And there can be a difference of opinion as to what those "requirements" are and the best way to achieve them.

I think that Trump is genuinely committed to greatly limiting nuclear weapons, an agenda which is quite relevant to our relationship with Russia. I'm guess he's thinking that the summit was not the best time and place to put emphasis on a hostile and confrontational stance--especially with regard to something as trivial as russian bots having access to the internet, just like everyone else.
ehBeth

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 08:44 am
@maporsche,
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/07/16/white-house-declares-summit-success-sanders-rips-trump-putin-presser-embarrassing

Quote:

Bernie Sanders

@SenSanders
Today is a good day for Putin and the oligarchs in Russia. It is a bad day for people in the United States and all over the world who believe in democracy and who are trying to understand what world our idiot president lives in.

4:51 PM - Jul 16, 2018
12.2K people are talking about this
coldjoint

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:05 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
projected a sense of emasculation

Obama did that for 8 years.
Quote:
Trumps fragile narcissistic ego.

There is nothing fragile about Trump. There is just recycled rhetoric, and the hype trying to convince America how dangerous Russia is, when they are no threat to us at all compared to China.
coldjoint

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:11 am
@engineer,
Quote:
It was all just so Neville Chamberlain.

People keep saying that. Did Trump give Putin any part of the Sudetenland? Putin's actions in the Ukraine and Georgia were allowed by Obama.

Chamberlain caused a world war. When is the world war going to start because of what Trump did at the summit?
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:14 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

farmerman wrote:
You therefore, should try to adopt some greater objectivity that is only affected by our country's needs and requirements.

And there can be a difference of opinion as to what those "requirements" are and the best way to achieve them.

Absolutely!!

Quote:
I think that Trump is genuinely committed to greatly limiting nuclear weapons, an agenda which is quite relevant to our relationship with Russia.

I do not think Trump has any intention of limiting nuclear weapons. I think he wants to expand our current arsenal (you know, since he's stated as much) and he knows that doing so would cause Russia and any other nuclear power to do the same.
coldjoint

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:15 am
@nimh,
Quote:
You have previously accused Obama of being a traitor because he armed and trained the Syrian rebels who fought against Assad and Russia.

5 million to train 4 soldiers. I have always called Obama a traitor and I will continue to.

Quote:

Now you're apparently arguing the opposite -- that Obama was a traitor because he didn't do anything to stop Russia and Assad.

I am not arguing anything. I don't have to, Obama's actions speak for themselves. I stated fact. Obama did nothing.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Trump shows no skills at anything weve elected him for.

Who is to decide that? People that hate him? A ridiculous general statement that has no basis in reality. In other words, rhetoric from a very dry hole.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:20 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I do not think Trump has any intention of limiting nuclear weapons. I think he wants to expand our current arsenal (you know, since he's stated as much)...

You cheese-eaters aint never gunna learn nuthin, is ya? What Trump "states" in his negotiations seldom has anything to do with his real intentions.
maporsche

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:23 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

maporsche wrote:

I do not think Trump has any intention of limiting nuclear weapons. I think he wants to expand our current arsenal (you know, since he's stated as much)...

You cheese-eaters aint never gunna learn nuthin, is ya? What Trump "states" in his negotiations seldom have anything to do with his real intentions.

I think what you mean is that NO ONE knows what Trump is going to do...on any topic (well, not on Russia...we all know he's going to fawn all over Putin every chance he gets).

Do we take him seriously? Do we take him literally
layman

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:25 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

As some guy done said a while back: "Trump's supporters take him seriously, but not literally. His detractors take him literally, but not seriously." Something like that.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:28 am
@maporsche,
In Helsinki, Trump repeatedly was scoring constantly goals.
Own goals.
And that with the football Putin had given him as present. And now he's offside. (Law 11 of the Laws of the Game.)
layman

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

In Helsinki, Trump repeatedly was scoring constantly goals.
Own goals.
And that with the football Putin had given him as present. And now he's offside. (Law 11 of the Laws of the Game.)

It aint football, Walt. It's candyass soccer.

This is football;
gungasnake

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:32 am
It appears that Donald Trump did not understand how thoroughly messed up our spook agencies were at the time he took office.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:33 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

maporsche wrote:

As some guy done said a while back: "Trump's supporters take him seriously, but not literally. His detractors take him literally, but not seriously." Something like that.

You're saying, out loud that it's ok if your guy Trump says that he's going to do something or that he believes something and that you KNOW that he's probably not telling you the truth....and that is all great and fine with you?

Your president is lying to you, on purpose, repeatedly, and you think that's A-OK?

Just want to confirm because I thought president's telling you something and then that thing not being the truth used to be something that people got pissed about.
coldjoint

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:38 am
Quote:
New Research Shows Guccifer 2.0 Files Were Copied Locally, Not Hacked

Looks like part of the "Russians did it!" is falling apart.
Quote:
The group’s President Shawn Henry is a retired executive assistant director of the FBI while their co-founder and CTO, Dmitri Alperovitch, is a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, which as we have reported, is linked to George Soros. Carter has stated on his website that “At present, it looks a LOT like Shawn Henry & Dmitri Alperovitch (CrowdStrike executives), working for either the HRC campaign or DNC leadership were very likely to have been behind the Guccifer 2.0 operation.” Carter’s website was described by Wikileaks as a useful source of primary information specifically regarding Guccifer 2.0.

https://disobedientmedia.com/2017/07/new-research-shows-guccifer-2-0-files-were-copied-locally-not-hacked/
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:39 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Bernie Sanders

@SenSanders
Today is a good day for Putin and the oligarchs in Russia. It is a bad day for people in the United States and all over the world who believe in democracy and who are trying to understand what world our idiot president lives in.

People born in 1940 were not expected to live in their parents basements until age 40. Bernie Sanders was too much of a bum to even make it as a hippie, getting thrown out of a hippie commune for slacking. He LOOKS more like a bum than red Skelton's old Freddy the Freeloader character. Anybody who sees Sanders as a viable political candidate for ANYTHING is smoking too much reefer.

https://steemitimages.com/DQmcSESRYM2WNQ4nNU8Veq8YYKcrZ7482owqPvkfjmWpygC/image.png
0 Replies

layman

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:40 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
You're saying, out loud that it's ok if your guy Trump says that he's going to do something or that he believes something and that you KNOW that he's probably not telling you the truth....and that is all great and fine with you?

Of course.

Your president is lying to you, on purpose, repeatedly, and you think that's A-OK?

He aint lyin to nobody that can read between the lines.
gungasnake

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:41 am
The really sad thing is, Sanders is the best the demokkkrat party has.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:41 am
@coldjoint,
https://i.cbc.ca/1.4119406.1495031907!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_1180/trump-putin-composite.jpg

I think Putin looks like he won and Trump looks scared. Just my impression.
coldjoint

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:43 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Just my impression.

Exactly, that is all it is.
0 Replies