monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
Blickers

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 09:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote Glitter:
Quote:
I hear Dennis Hastert has invited Jim Jordan to join his support group.

LOL. Also, the Joe Paterno Fan Club has sent Jim Jordan a nice golden plaque that says, "Thanks For Taking The Heat Off".
Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 09:17 pm
@Blickers,
Yeah, Mark Foley wants to host Jordan and a congressional aide of his choice to a nice dinner at Morton's in D.C. Jordan just has to bring a date for Foley.

As long as they don't ask the chef for a cake, it should go smoothly.
coldjoint

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 10:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Jordan just has to bring a date for Foley.

Can Teddy bring Mary Jo?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 10:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Now smear the dead too.

I wasn't going to post anymore since I no longer have any desire to talk about politics; but I had to respond to your comment; specifically, the one I've quoted above. This has nothing to do with the Jordan case.

Sorry, but there is plenty of evidence that Paterno was aware that Sandusky was raping young boys, but would not report him to the police since he cared more about the image of the football program than he was about injurious crimes committed by players or coaches. Some students rioted at Penn State not because of what Sandusky had done to his victims (who, incidentally, will have to live with their trauma for the rest of their lives), but because their idol Jo-Pa had just been fired. Pathetic! (Mona Charin, a conservative columnist I'm sure you've heard of, much to her credit strongly condemned the rioters, by the way, in a rather eloquent column.) A sister of one of the victims, who happened to be enrolled at Penn State and wanted to protect her brother's privacy, listened to classmates as they tried to supposedly be humorous by using "Sandusky" as a verb. One of the other victims was outed by a coach at his high school, where he was planning to graduate at the end of the school year. A grandmother of one of the Penn State football players, walked up to the victim's mother and instead of expressing any sympathy to her like any decent person would, had the gall to say, "Now my grandson's football team is going to lose, and it's all your son's fault!" Paterno fans among the victim's classmates held him responsible for Penn State's troubles and bullied him so badly that he had to drop out of school before he had a chance to graduate. Absolutely despicable!

To repeat, I'm not commenting on the Jordan case because I've not read much about it. So, this is not a political post. My comments on the Penn State scandal have nothing to do with politics. It has to do with justice. Paterno hasn't been smeared. He and all the others who knew what was going on smeared themselves.

This is not really a criticism of you, coldjoint. (By the way, I hope you're doing well.) I just felt the strong need to point out that Paterno was not smeared. I apologize for going way off topic. This is all I want to say about it or anything else.
coldjoint

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 10:37 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Paterno hasn't been smeared. He and all the others who knew what was going on smeared themselves.

You are correct. I should have not said smeared. No worries about saying anything about me. In fact, if it came from you I just might listen. I am sorry that some here are relentless. I do what I can and I make mistakes too.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 10:59 pm
Jordan defending himself while getting some tough questions from Fox.

If I heard it right, one of these accusers, after wrestling for OSU was then hired onto their coaching staff. If he thought this was such a threatening situation, why didn't HE report it to the proper authorities? No one has even claimed they went to the head coach (Jordan was just an assistant)? Why is all this suddenly about Jordan and only Jordan, I wonder?
layman

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:21 pm
@layman,
I really haven't followed the details on all this, but one guy apparently claims he was "groped" by this Dr. six times.

How did that happen? Sounds like he must have liked being groped, eh?

Quote:
“It was pretty common knowledge it was going on, yes,” said Rob Archer, who wrestled at Ohio State from 1993 to 1998 and called POLITICO to defend Jordan. Archer was speaking of the alleged voyeurism at Larkins Hall. “I don’t think anybody reported anything to a coach because it wasn’t ‘abuse.’ It was more like they were going, ‘Hey, this is inappropriate,’ We’d deal with it, and we’d go on.”

Politico eventually gets to if Jordan knew what multiple wrestlers now have said—that team Strauss would molest them during appointments. One flat-out said that Jordan didn’t know, two others say that they believed that Jordan was aware of “inappropriate behavior” but didn’t know specifically about abuse.

Dunyasha Yetts, one of the first wrestlers to speak out, insists in the report that he told Jordan and the head coach about it but ultimately nothing was done.

https://deadspin.com/ex-ohio-state-wrestlers-entire-program-was-toxic-while-1827406717
gungasnake

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:28 pm
http://www.businessinsider.com/supreme-court-kennedy-ginsburg-retirement-sotomayor-trump-4-appointments-2018-6?utm_source=facebook&utm_content=top-bar&utm_term=desktop
gungasnake

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:30 pm
This stupid **** is payback for the grilling of Rosenstein the other day. The people involved are very far from credible.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:31 pm
https://freedomoutpost.com/rod-rosenstein-blackmailing-members-of-congress/
Blickers

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:36 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote wmwcjr:
Quote:
Paterno hasn't been smeared. He and all the others who knew what was going on smeared themselves.
Absolutely. He had several chances to turn in Sandusky and found a way around them.

As the coach, he was legally required to notify the police when he found out. Instead, he "notified" the Athletic Director, who theoretically is his boss. I say 'theoretically" because although the Athletic Director in most schools hires and fires the football coach, when you are a big star like Paterno the Athletic Director makes a lot less than the football coach and he only has his job because he gets along with Paterno. In effect, Paterno was his boss.

So Paterno figured he would cover himself by saying "I notified the college administration, (the Athletic Director), knowing full well the Athletic Director wouldn't dare turn in Sandusky because he knew Paterno was trying to save Sandusky's job. Unfortunately for Paterno, when the law says you have to notify the police, you don't get off by telling them you notified the school administration.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:39 pm
@gungasnake,
Just another evidence'less instant conspiracy theory from the snaKKKe.
oralloy

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm
@gungasnake,
Interesting about Sotomayor and diabetes.

Breyer is 79. That's not young.

We could conceivably end up with eight Republican appointees arrayed against Kagan as the sole Democratic appointee.

Although... Roberts has turned out to be somewhat of a liberal.

I hope Trump picks Kavanaugh on Monday. His record on the Second Amendment is exquisite.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Just another evidence'less instant conspiracy theory from the snaKKKe.

Just the fact it just happened is enough evidence for me and a lot others. You guys are caught. Mueller is hopelessly discredited. He could just being covering his own tracks right now and needs the extra help.

It looks like he will have to waterboard Manafort to get something, what he is doing now is not working.
Real Music

Sat 7 Jul, 2018 12:21 am
http://www.tomthunkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/090716pcp.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Sat 7 Jul, 2018 12:30 am
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/19/8f/f5/198ff568733742adb761609e7c37e729--hate-trump-felder.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Sat 7 Jul, 2018 12:32 am
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5c/89/df/5c89df55264b8b53349d39352b19c1c1.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Sat 7 Jul, 2018 12:34 am
https://pics.onsizzle.com/ianxiously-await-the-headline-proclaiming-john-mccain-has-said-donald-11195919.png
0 Replies