monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:31 am
Quote:
Donald Trump, serial harasser of women, mocks the #MeToo movement

He also blindly attacked the 4 men accusing Jim Jordan of enabling sexual assault: "I don’t believe them at all."

During a campaign stop in Montana on Thursday night, President Donald Trump trotted out some of his greatest hits in front of a capacity crowd, and threw in a few new cuts targeting victims of sexual assault.

During a riff on Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), whom he has repeatedly referred to as “Pocahontas” for years, Trump mocked the “Me Too generation” when he suggested that, should Warren win the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020 and be on stage with Trump during a debate, he would throw a genetic testing kit at her as a way to challenge her past claim of Native American heritage.

“We’ll take that little kit and say, we have to do it gently because we are in the Me Too generation, and we will very gently take that kit, slowly toss it,” he said, to an audibly and understandably confused crowd.

Trump’s remark came hours after he defended Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), who finds himself in the middle of his own sexual abuse scandal. The former Ohio State University assistant wrestling coach has been accused by four athletes of failing to stop years of sexual abuse by a medical trainer.

Jordan has denied any wrongdoing, but a growing number of athletes allege he knew what was happening and did nothing.

“I don’t believe them at all,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Thursday, referring to Jordan’s accusers. “I believe him. Jim Jordan is one of the most outstanding people I’ve met since I’ve been in Washington.”

Jordan has been one of Trump’s most loyal defenders in Congress, and was thought to be a candidate for a leadership position in the Republican caucus upon Speaker Paul Ryan’s retirement early next year

TP
ehBeth

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:33 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
“I believe him. Jim Jordan is one of the most outstanding people I’ve met since I’ve been in Washington.”

tells you about the circle he runs in
ehBeth

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:35 am
@ehBeth,
then again

he did say outstanding, not upstanding
Walter Hinteler

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 12:02 pm
@ehBeth,
https://i.imgur.com/5Fo10JR.jpg

I know: this isn't the lighthouse thread, but ...
CTV news: American border patrol agents stopping and boarding Canadian vessels

NYT:Border Patrol Stops Canadian Fishermen in Disputed Waters Off Maine
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 12:26 pm
@ehBeth,
They didn't crater for any other reason than Obama and his EPA regulations showing favor to one sector of the economy over the other. Forget about the people who lost their jobs...
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Real Music

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 01:06 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/38/ed/0938ed26f4c5c66ec1f4526b1cfb7ef5.jpg
layman

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 02:26 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Jordan has denied any wrongdoing, but a growing number of athletes allege he knew what was happening and did nothing.

What did that "growing number of athletes" do about it, eh? To make that claim, they would have to "know," too.
layman

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 03:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Dr. Strauss is long dead having killed himself in 2005, so he can’t be questioned about the allegations or offer any defense – if one is needed.

Guess who Jordan’s RINO political enemies in Ohio have chosen to lead the “investigation” into these unsubstantiated 30-year old charges?

Perkins Coie, the same law firm that commissioned the fake “dirty dossier” against President Trump and also represents the Democratic National Committee, the Hillary Clinton campaign, and paid Fusion GPS millions of dollars to compile the fake dossier.

And not only that, our friend Jordan Schachtel reports that T. Markus Funk who is the Perkins Coie point man for the smear operation against Jim Jordan served in Clinton Department of Justice under Pat Fitzgerald, and Fitzgerald is now James Comey's attorney, best friend and godfather to one of Comey’s children.

These athletes are not candyass pansies who need help to defend themselves. They were college wrestlers, one of whom was at Ohio State for 9 years, well into adulthood, to boot. He claims to have been "abused" by this doctor but has never said anything before. Never told the authorities. He even admits that he never told Jordan about it, but is claiming that he asked Jordan to intercede in the ongoing investigation and is now whining because Jordan didn't do it. These guys are just looking for a pay day and/or trying to smear Jordan (look who is representing them as attorneys).

But of course none of these athletes is responsible for his own actions--Jordan is! Everything that Dr. is said to have done was actually Jordan doing it, in disguise.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 03:51 pm
Quote:
What the Left doesn’t want you to know about Jim Jordan’s accusers

Quote:
DiSabato has a long history of litigation:
DiSabato has a reputation of harassment and intimidation:
DiSabato has had previous beefs with the Jordan family:

More at the link.
https://www.conservativereview.com/news/what-the-left-doesnt-want-you-to-know-about-jim-jordans-accusers/

0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 04:54 pm
18 Inaccurate Claims From Trump’s Montana Rally(NYT)
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 05:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
the possibilities are endless.

Yes, aren't they. Death is an... uh... awkward subject. We had our 50th grad anniversary last summer which was a jolly good time. A lady friend I've known and have always been very fond of since elementary school expressed her condolences for the passing of my older brother. I thanked her and told her that we'd just gotten sick of him and it had taken us two hours with a weed-eater before he joined the chorus invisible. She punched me. She wasn't smiling. About 16 years earlier, when our Mennonite mother passed and I and my siblings were working out arrangments with the (Mennonite-owned) funeral parlor, I asked if it would be ok to cremate her while wearing the large Satanic medallion she never took off.

As to the religious types who support Trump, their greed or their pathological need for power and status (and their earlier support for torture) puts them in the category of totallyfuckingrepugnant biological units.
blatham

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 05:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes. But a large and perhaps insurmountable problem for the US can be evidenced in this poll and many others that investigate what majorities of citizens actually want or value along with those facts regarding how political power is actually achieved and maintained in the US.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 06:40 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
As to the religious types who support Trump, their greed or their pathological need for power and status (and their earlier support for torture) puts them in the category of totallyfuckingrepugnant biological units.

People are #walking away from that kind of hate. Keep it up.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 06:48 pm
https://drainthedeepstate.com/2018/07/05/a-look-at-maxine-waters-district-43-in-los-angeles/
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 07:07 pm
Chicken **** Virginia restaurant shut down...

https://uproxx.com/viral/red-hen-forced-to-close-protests-threats/2/
glitterbag

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 07:35 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
Donald Trump, serial harasser of women, mocks the #MeToo movement

He also blindly attacked the 4 men accusing Jim Jordan of enabling sexual assault: "I don’t believe them at all."

Trump’s remark came hours after he defended Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), who finds himself in the middle of his own sexual abuse scandal. The former Ohio State University assistant wrestling coach has been accused by four athletes of failing to stop years of sexual abuse by a medical trainer.

“I don’t believe them at all,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Thursday, referring to Jordan’s accusers. “I believe him. Jim Jordan is one of the most outstanding people I’ve met since I’ve been in Washington.”

Jordan has been one of Trump’s most loyal defenders in Congress, and was thought to be a candidate for a leadership position in the Republican caucus upon Speaker Paul Ryan’s retirement early next year

TP

I hear Dennis Hastert has invited Jim Jordan to join his support group.
neptuneblue

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 07:38 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Chicken **** Virginia restaurant shut down...

https://uproxx.com/viral/red-hen-forced-to-close-protests-threats/2/

No worries, they're open again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/07/05/red-hen-lexington-opens-sarah-huckabee-sanders-visit/761868002/
0 Replies