monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

glitterbag

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 02:48 pm
@glitterbag,
Sweet Jesus, there are 5 people dead and three gravely injured.
firefly

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 03:16 pm
@glitterbag,
I thought about you as soon as I heard the news because I remembered you live in the area.

Horrible crime, horrible that we are talking about another mass shooting.
coldjoint

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 03:19 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
horrible that we are talking about another mass shooting.

We don't have to talk about it. It goes nowhere because the real problem is not being addressed.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 03:40 pm
@firefly,
If you go to Google Earth and search for 888 Bestgate road, Annapolis - you can zoom in and get an idea of how congested that area is. Forty years ago, most of the area was open and now there are numerous businesses, a hospital, the Annapolis Mall, very heavily traveled.

It occurred to me that the shooter wouldn't have been able to easily slip away and escape....it isn't always easy to get to a major highway, just too much traffic.
Of course I'm speculating, but maybe he wasn't planning on leaving alive.

I expect another press briefing very soon. Every elected official in Annapolis and Anne Arundel county have arrived to offer thoughts and prayers.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:14 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

The man is in custody. Time to shut up and wait for the facts.

Tell that to Sean Hannity.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-hannity-immediately-blames-maxine-waters-for-capitol-gazette-shooting

Quote:
Within seconds of learning Thursday about a shooting inside the Capital Gazette newsroom in Annapolis, Maryland, Fox News host Sean Hannity laid blame at the feet of Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters.

“You know, as I’ve always said, I mean honestly—I’ve been saying now for days that something horrible was going to happen because of the rhetoric. Really, Maxine?”
izzythepush

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:28 pm
@maporsche,
Everyone's got to be quiet when you can't blame it on Muslims.
coldjoint

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Everyone's got to be quiet when you can't blame it on Muslims.

We don't know that yet, do we?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:40 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Tell that to Sean Hannity.

You tell him. Certainly it is no different than pundits on the Left that make up all kinds of things. And Waters did cross a line the Left will not acknowledge.
coldjoint

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:44 pm
Quote:
Former Hillary Pollster Says 84 Percent Do Not Support Sanctuary Cities

Where are the illegals going to go if this overwhelming majority gets its way?
http://www.independentsentinel.com/former-hillary-pollster-says-84-percent-do-not-support-sanctuary-cities/
0 Replies

firefly

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:48 pm
Today's mass shooting was the 154th mass shooting in the U.S. this year.
coldjoint

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:55 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Today's mass shooting was the 154th mass shooting in the U.S. this year.

Better buy a gun, if you don't already have one.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:56 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

You tell him. Certainly it is no different than pundits on the Left that make up all kinds of things. And Waters did cross a line the Left will not acknowledge.

Oh, for Pete's sake! Even when a tragedy is happening, you feel justified to but in and post crap about the left. So the left makes everything up, mr 'there are sharia zones in the Netherlands?'

For the record, Maxine Waters did cross a line. Although that doesn't make 'the left' 'murderous street thugs', or 'nazi's', as you quoted earlier.
coldjoint

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:58 pm
@najmelliw,
Quote:
Oh, for Pete's sake! Even when a tragedy is happening, you feel justified to but in and post crap about the left

You got that right. This is not about me. And I am sure there are Sharia zones, they come with Islam, and you know that.
Quote:
'the left' 'murderous street thugs', or 'nazi's', as you quoted earlier.

What has the Right done to earn those names? Just one example, a recent example.
layman

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 05:16 pm
@maporsche,
That was a stupid thing for Hannity to say.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 05:17 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

You got that right. This is not about me. And I am sure there are Sharia zones, they come with Islam, and you know that.

I live in the Netherlands, and have done so for pretty much all of my years I guess. And while I am self aware enough to acknowledge I spend a fair amount of time not observing everything around me, I actually do move around and do the everyday stuff, you know. Like shopping, like visiting family. And I have never encountered any Sharia zones. So I am glad some foreigner can confidently tell me I am wrong. Please, let me know where these Sharia zones can be found then, so I can examine them first hand.

Quote:
'the left' 'murderous street thugs', or 'nazi's', as you quoted earlier.

What has the Right done to earn those names? Just one example, a recent example.
[/quote]

Am I saying something about the Right? I am just talking about YOU quoting somebody who makes such blanket statements about the LEFT. What has the LEFT done to be called 'murderous street thugs'? Or Nazi's?
coldjoint

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 06:36 pm
@najmelliw,
Quote:
So I am glad some foreigner can confidently tell me I am wrong.

I told you Sharia enclaves are a big part of Islam and its spread. That remains a fact whether or not you encounter any or not.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 06:52 pm
Quote:
Poll: Americans of both parties agree major media reports are ‘fake, false, purposely misleading’

The MSM is with the progressives and Democrats. People do not believe them and claim manipulation is one reason why.
Quote:
In the survey of nearly 4,000 adults, 72 percent said “that traditional news outlets knowingly report false or misleading stories at least sometimes.”

To sum it up 72% of the people do not believe the crap they are saying. That is a very good thing.
http://www.worldtribune.com/poll-americans-of-both-parties-agree-major-media-reports-are-fake-false-purposely-misleading/
0 Replies

layman

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 07:10 pm
Well, one thing that came out of the House grilling of Rosenstein today was this:

Strzok, when asked (by the committee in private) if he had met with Ohr, said "yes." When asked about Ohr's wife, Nellie, who works at Fusion, he answered. But he repeatedly refused to answer when asked if he had met with Simpson, who runs the Fusion joint.

Although he evidently didn't take the 5th, he had an attorney by his side who was telling him not to answer. What's that tellya?
gungasnake

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 07:15 pm
@layman,
I watched a bit of the interrogation from Jim Jordan and Trey Gowdy this afternoon, was there more to it than that?
layman

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 07:20 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

I watched a bit of the interrogation from Jim Jordan and Trey Gowdy this afternoon, was there more to it than that?

I was just going on what Jordan said. I assume more will come out later.
0 Replies