monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 06:41 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
Next:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2YYONLKSHqmfA_cGSVWFle5mhqUd1Gf8CAoltT3K-_EI3CNVb
Maybe. But Stephen Breyer is 79. Don't forget about him. He'll be 86 by the end of Trump's second term.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 07:55 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

layman wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:

I wonder if they will also construe that finding to apply to Federal workers.

Probably, yeah, and private sector unions also. I haven't read the case, but they say these rights are fundamental (first A), so the reasoning underlying the decision would presumably be universally applicable.

I agree, however the decision, as I understand it, didn't explicitly address other categories workers. I hope you're right. Most of our Federal workforce is unionized, and they usually demand one "shop steward" (= government paid employee who works only on union business) for every 20 workers. That's a lot of $$ in the Federal Budget. Unions also usually work hard to take over the HR function for union members in organizations they infect, and specify in detail the job descriptions of all organized workers - this enables them to demand new, additional employees if anything changes.

I have read that intelligent & successful parasites usually don't kill their hosts. The history of labor unions in this country strongly suggests that most labor unions are fairly stupid parasites.

There is a huge chunk of the Federal Workforce that is forbidden from joining a Union. State Department, FBI, every single one of the 19 Intelligence Agencies, Secret Service, Homeland Security, and all the Military Forces. All Federal Employees benefit from pay raises, health benefits negotiated by Unions representing all the other Federal Employees and the House and Senate's elected officials, political appointees, House and Senate aides .

Bottom line is that most of us are forbidden to strike or engage in any sort of labor dispute, it's grounds for immediate dismissal. I don't mean Congress of course, those assholes make-up their rules as they go along, or strike their fancy.
glitterbag

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:18 pm
@glitterbag,
I almost forgot, Open Source info claims there are about 55,000 people located at the Agency I worked. If the 20 to 1 ratio was actually a thing, that means 2,750 people would be stationed along side us. That's a large number folks, that would require another building with several stories to house them.
coldjoint

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:26 pm
http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Maxine_Waters_No_Hair_Wig.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Open Source

Funded by Soros. Let Trump worry about this.
coldjoint

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:31 pm
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 09:05 pm
@coldjoint,
I don't think you know what Open Source is exactly. I assume you are thinking about Leftist propaganda, as you define it.
georgeob1

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 09:13 pm
@glitterbag,
The civil service laws already specify all labor pay and management elements normally under union jurisdiction or bargaining authority, so the initial decision to allow Federal unions at all was of questionable legal merit. I have noted anecdotally indications that labor unions in some agencies have wormed their way into bonus payments for eligible government workers ( GS 16 or above), and tied them to their performance evaluations ( at least that was the testimony of a deputy IRS manager to the Congressional Committee investigating the IRS role in suppressing tax certifications for conservative political action groups when he was asked why the bonuses were paid).

Our Federal Bureaucracies appear increasingly to have become too self-absorbed and resistant to accountability, whether to the Public or the Congress which created them. The recent example of the Justice Dept. is but one of many. This is not an unusual problem among such agencies and
periodic shakeups and firm action are periodically required to restore them. During the Seven Year's war (which started in America with some help from George Washington) The British Admiralty executed a senior Admiral ( Byng) for getting a draw in a Naval engagement with the French, which they believed he should have won. As I recall the charge was that "he failed to do his utmost" and it cost him his life - he was executed by firing squad on the deck of his flagship. Voltaire later quipped that "The British occasionally execute one of their Admirals for the good of the others."

The example appears to have served them well 40 years latter in the Wars with Napoleon.
glitterbag

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 09:17 pm
@georgeob1,
Do you think the US Military and Intelligence Agencies have civil service protection? We don't. Go recheck your references and read them again with a curious mind.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 09:26 pm
@glitterbag,
https://www.opensource.gov/public/content/login/login.fcc
glitterbag

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 09:48 pm
@coldjoint,
Don't be stupid, that's just a website claiming to be open source. Open Source is so much bigger and encompasses so many resources from Area Studies, Historic Journals, searching the library (remember that quaint notion) Diaries, Maps, World History, simmering resentment from the 1st and second World War, ethnic wars, Pol Pot I could go on for another page but that would be a waste of my time. If you have an abscessed tooth...you see a dentist, not the neighbor who calls them mouth plumbers. I can't spoon feed every person online who thinks they are an expert on every freaking topic from vaccinations on and on.
glitterbag

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 09:49 pm
@glitterbag,
I saw it online it has to be true right? I have a bridge for you coldjoint.
coldjoint

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 10:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I saw it online it has to be true right?

I saw it in the Koran, and it is true to way to many. Your crap is trivial.
glitterbag

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 10:48 pm
@coldjoint,
Ha, I'm so freaking disappointed.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:07 pm
https://godfatherpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/d-defense-dt-600-1200x630.jpg
https://godfatherpolitics.com/democrats-grasping-for-straws/
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 02:21 am

Productions like this one give us all hope for the future.
hightor

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:34 am
Quote:
House Republican leaders twice delayed a vote on the immigration overhaul last week to give themselves more time to build support. But by Wednesday, their last-ditch efforts had failed to produce any outpouring of enthusiasm.

Mr. Trump did not help matters.

Last Friday, he tweeted that Republicans in Congress “should stop wasting their time” on immigration legislation until after the midterm elections in November — a message directly at odds with the effort in the House to build support for the bill.

The president could have been a valuable salesman in persuading wavering Republicans to get behind the legislation. Instead, his conflicting messages only added to the discombobulation that Republicans have not been able to escape on the politically delicate subject of immigration.

NYT
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:50 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Productions like this one give us all hope for the future.

Yes, hucksters should continue to use dramatic narration and spooky music to play to the prejudice and ignorance of targeted audiences; it's just like church. Let's see more of those pictures of Trump campaign rallies, they're always stirring. Hell, those ones from Germany in the '30s still prompt people to raise their right arms. Political theater is where it's at because we all know that life imitates reality TV.
Builder

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 05:04 am
@hightor,

Quote:
Yes, hucksters should continue to use dramatic narration and spooky music...

Reminds me of Hillary remonstrating "her" voters for not being fifty points in front.

I'm not sure you even watched the video, from that asinine comment.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 28 Jun, 2018 05:24 am
Racism is GREAT if you're a lefty, eh?

This gal who beat Crowley in the primary ran on the idea that, because he was white, he was unfit to represent her district. She explicitly said the campaign was "about race."

She won overwhelmingly.

The commies are cheerly wildly.

This is the future if the "progressives" ever get power.