monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 03:09 pm
@maporsche,
For someone who wanted to put off immigration until after midterms, he is not listening to his own advise. Immigration for the republicans will be a loser in midterms. They just come off as heartless.
coldjoint

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 03:17 pm
@firefly,
That cartoonist is out of touch. Plus Trump does not tell people how to think, he tells them what he thinks. You are beyond understanding the difference.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 03:22 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Immigration for the republicans will be a loser in midterms. They just come off as heartless.

Why, the vast majority of Americans want a strong and secure borders? Democrats support anyone but the citizen. Republicans will not let voters forget that.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 03:35 pm
Quote:
America’s Worst President?
I nominate Barack Obama, the anti-Lincoln.

I agree.
Quote:
But unlike Lincoln, America’s first black president didn’t bind up the nation’s wounds but scratched them open every time police killed a black man—rightly or sometimes wrongly, because when society arms men with guns and authority, it will inevitably attract some bullies, making a police chief responsible for policing his own men vigilantly, as the NYPD especially has striven to do, and as Plato told us was statecraft’s thorniest problem. Anytime a non-black man killed an African-American, Obama cried racism and said it could have been him or his son, if he’d had one. Every time a cop, white or black, killed a black American, Obama’s reflexive instinct was to blame the cop. About the mayhem of black-on-black murder in the nation’s ghettoes, he gave only a single speech.

Think Trump has read this? It should be required reading in our schools.
https://www.city-journal.org/html/americas-worst-president-14640.html
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:00 pm
America's worst president??

Face it, Bork Hussein Obunga was the worst leader any group of ten or more apes, hominids, or humans has ever had since the day of Alley Oop...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:01 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEvOTZrkuKQ
coldjoint

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:03 pm
@gungasnake,
0 Replies

najmelliw

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:16 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36188766_1739011526176751_4250928110096089088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5c84ac95faa8d414bdb0694cc5a9a140&oe=5BA132F8

Tacky, very tacky: first quoting Newt when he attacks the left for using 'personal nastiness' towards Trump and his aides, and then, a scant two pages later:

gungasnake wrote:

America's worst president??

Face it, Bork Hussein Obunga was the worst leader any group of ten or more apes, hominids, or humans has ever had since the day of Alley Oop...

Hypocrite much?

blatham

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:18 pm
@georgeob
Continuing our illuminating conversation re trolls/trolling...

In your last comment, you made intimations that, say, if I was The Big Boss here, I would suppress the comments/ideas of those with whom I disagreed politically. Partisan concurrence is the thing for me, you suggest.

I do like concurrence. I like it in politics, in aesthetics, in moral codes and in the naked bedroom baby oil and handcuffs sphere. But I can live with imperfect concurrence on many things ("OK, we don't need the handcuffs. It was a silly idea. So, you lie down on the tinfoil and I'll go in the next room and change into my nun's habit", he said.)

And I do not care about others giving others offence. S J Perlman said, "The role of humor is to offend" and that Jew knew what he was talking about.

Who I, if I were Pharoah here, would boot out are those who demonstrated a continuing lack of commitment to honesty and intellectual carefulness. On this, I am deeply conservative.

Builder

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:26 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
It's everything you'd want for a basic road bike.

What's your opine on the BMW machines?
layman

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:28 pm
@najmelliw,
najmelliw wrote:
Hypocrite much?

Where's the hypocrisy? Gingrich was talking about in person harassment (and worse) that is being advocated against every trump supporter.

Snake just gave his personal opinion about the effectiveness of a politician (which you apparently didn't agree with, like, or feel was "appropriate"). Two entirely different things.
maporsche

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:40 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

najmelliw wrote:
Hypocrite much?

Where's the hypocrisy? Gingrich was talking about in person harassment (and worse) that is being advocated against every trump supporter.

Snake just gave his personal opinion about the effectiveness of a politician (which you apparently didn't agree with, like, or feel was "appropriate"). Two entirely different things.

"...are those who demonstrated a continuing lack of commitment to honesty and intellectual carefulness. "
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:41 pm
Sara Sanders is not just a supporter, she is the lady whose job it is everyday to tell lies and defend the indefensible while changing rationales twice as much. She should get another job or face the consequences.

The owner of the Red Hen was not impolite, she merely asked her to leave after consulting with her staff if they were comfortable with her there are not.
layman

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:43 pm
@layman,
Who knows? I might just haul off and burn down that Red Hen joint.

But if I did, I would say I did it out of a primitive sense of retaliation, deterrence and revenge.

I would not idiotically claim that I did it because I am "morally superior."
revelette1

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 05:44 pm
@layman,
Is that all you got? Pathetic coming from you.
layman

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 06:00 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Is that all you got? Pathetic coming from you.

Coming from me? Would it be pathetic if it was coming from someone else, like you, for instance?

Just curious, Rev. Since you have just expressed your desire that I be banned so as not to infest the comfortable "safe space" which you would like to share exclusively with your fellow-travelling cheese-eaters, are you "reporting" all my posts now?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 06:12 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

...Who I, if I were Pharoah here, would boot out are those who demonstrated a continuing lack of commitment to honesty and intellectual carefulness...

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
layman

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 06:36 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

blatham wrote:

...Who I, if I were Pharoah here, would boot out are those who demonstrated a continuing lack of commitment to honesty and intellectual carefulness...

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Heh, what he doesn't say there is that his standard for determining whether any given poster demonstrates a"commitment to honesty and intellectual carefulness" is whether or not you (quickly) concede that he is right. Any person who doesn't agree with him is, by (his) definition, ipso facto dishonest and/or careless.
gungasnake

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 06:59 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
What's your opine on the BMW machines?

There is one which I've seen in recent years which I like which would be the R9T. Other current beemers are too big, heavy, and complicated, sort of defeats the entire idea/purpose of a motorcycle.

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/models/heritage/rninetpure.html

https://www.clutchmotorcycles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Nine-T-BMW-CLUTCH-MOTORCYCLES-3.jpg

0 Replies

Builder

Mon 25 Jun, 2018 07:05 pm
Interesting poll results here;

Poll: Obama 'worst president' since World War II

Survey ranks best, worst presidencies

In a new Quinnipiac University Poll, 33% named Barack Obama the worst president since World War II. Only 8% named Obama as the best president