monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 09:28 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Jesus, this whole line of thinking is idiotic.

You sound surprised. Have you forgotten who you're arguing with?
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 09:37 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
The idea that several hundred thousand per year is something to worry about is simply idiotic.

That sentence is idiotic.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:05 am
Trump advocates depriving undocumented immigrants of due-process rights
Quote:
President Trump on Sunday explicitly advocated depriving undocumented immigrants of their due-process rights, arguing that people who cross the border into the United States illegally must immediately be deported without trial — and sowing more confusion among Republicans ahead of a planned immigration vote this week.

In a pair of tweets sent during his drive to his Virginia golf course, Trump described immigrants as invaders and wrote that U.S. immigration laws are “a mockery” and must be changed to take away trial rights from undocumented migrants.

... ... ...

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/lWwZmfr.jpg
oralloy

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That would certainly eliminate the difficulties of detaining them.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:24 am
@oralloy,
Eliminating courts in general would shorten the time until imprisonment, too.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Trump advocates depriving undocumented immigrants of due-process rights
Quote:
President Trump on Sunday explicitly advocated depriving undocumented immigrants of their due-process rights, arguing that people who cross the border into the United States illegally must immediately be deported without trial

I guess Wapo aint heard, eh?

Quote:
Expedited removal is the term for a process related to immigration enforcement in the United States during which a non-citizen is denied entry to and/or physically removed from the United States, without going through removal proceedings (which involve a hearing before an immigration judge).[1] The legal authority for expedited removal (in the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996) allows for its use against most unauthorized entrants who have been in the United States for less than two years...An expedited removal order cannot be appealed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expedited_removal
Walter Hinteler

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:35 am
@layman,
To clarify: I didn't write the above quoted response!

Besides that: Trump did not differentiate between people who entered the United States to seek asylum and illegal immigrants (see the above quoted tweets).
layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Trump described immigrants as invaders and wrote that U.S. immigration laws are “a mockery” and must be changed to take away trial rights from undocumented migrants.

These fakes news creators just make up any old kinda that they think sounds good, eh? Trump didn't say a word about "changing" anything.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
To clarify: I didn't write the above quoted response!

Well, Walt, you posted it with full approval from yourself, dincha?

Ya done got played, homeboy.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:45 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Where did I include a wikipeida quote and why did I shorten my response?
And least here, it still is as I wrote.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:46 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
You accidentally put your text within the quotebox attributed to Walter.
layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:50 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

layman wrote:
You accidentally put your text within the quotebox attributed to Walter.

Sho nuff I did. Sue me, eh, Walt?

Boy, they'll bitch about about anything, eh? It made him look a lot smarter.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:04 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
The critiques you’re leveling against Latino immigration are the same and no more original than the critiques levied against all major waves of immigration going back to the birth of our nation.

Those major waves arrived legally. Next.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:11 am
Ya gotta respect Trump's trolling expertise, eh?

He suckers them in every damn time.

I wonder how long it will take Wapo to retract this bogus article and fire the idiot who printed it?

Forever, maybe?
coldjoint

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:16 am
@layman,
Quote:
He suckers them in every damn time.

There is no doubt Trump plays the game much better than his detractors. And it gives them fits. Just the reactions on this forum show the ultimate frustration and desperation. Which degenerates into the usual techniques like insulting intelligence, trashing a source, to just plain insults.
hightor

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:36 am
@coldjoint,
He knows how to talk to his audience, I agree. But he does so in such a way as to promote divisiveness and he's not bound by the conventions of decorum and propriety that seem to have inspired previous presidents. I don't blame his partisans for their continued support for the guy. Hell, if he were enacting my agenda instead of dismantling it I'd be supportive even if his behavior was embarrassing. Like we did with Bill Clinton, although Clinton at least made attempts to act "presidential". Trump's reality TV show doesn't play well across the political spectrum. The opposition to him reflects real policy disagreements; the frustration is not the result of being "suckered" but because of the way he insults, trivializes, and demeans any who oppose him.
coldjoint

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:39 am
@hightor,
Quote:
The opposition to him reflects real policy disagreements; the frustration is not the result of being "suckered" but because of the way he insults, trivializes, and demeans any who oppose him.

What real policy do the Democrats have? I have not heard a thing about it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:44 am
Quote:
The media are so excited thinking the manufactured crisis at the border (which is actually nothing more than the Trump administration following laws passed decades earlier) will halt the remarkable pro-Trump momentum heading into the 2018 Midterms, they are openly admitting to the link between themselves and the Democrat Party. There is no difference. The two are one and the same and it’s all about open borders, hating all things related to pro-American values, decimating the Middle Class, and giving the nation away completely to the far left elites.

That is why the House will remain Republican.
image: http://dcwhispers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/dcw_watermark02.png

0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:48 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

The opposition to him reflects real policy disagreements; the frustration is not the result of being "suckered" but because of the way he insults, trivializes, and demeans any who oppose him.

So THAT was why some completely uniformed "reporter," who obviously doesn't know a thing about the law, got all kinda self-righteous, pretended like he was an expert, and told the world Trump wanted to deprive immigrants of their due process rights? Policy disagreements?

Who knew?

And here I thought it probably just an impulsive, biased, overwrought response by a self-deluded hater who took the bait and thought he had "got" Trump, eh?

Sucker.
layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:02 pm
@layman,
Time after time, Trump says just enough to provoke, tempt, and induce some hater to distort his words, and then tell the world what Trump allegedly "said."

Then he exposes their sorry ass for what they are.

He calls MS-13 "animals," and the next thing you know it's being reported all over the world that Trump said immigrants were animals.

Then, to try to cover themselves, they start talking about all the redeeming qualities that MS-13 has.

They just keep digging themselves deeper and deeper, while he laughs.