monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Tue 22 May, 2018 10:07 am
Quote:
Obama Admin Officials Caught Discussing Trump Dossier with CNN Before Breaking Story

Quote:
Another piece of the puzzle comes together.

The more we learn about the FBI’s unprofessional behavior regarding the infamous Trump dossier, the more we learn just how rotten to the core the agency was under James Comey.

and...
Quote:
So why is this significant? There doesn’t appear to be any law-breaking done.

Here’s why it matters: Until this point, we’ve been led to believe that CNN and the FBI barely discussed the dossier, which was the crux of the ongoing Mueller investigation. Now we know the Bureau and the network had long had discussions on the matter, and FBI officials knew CNN would go live with the story.

Here’s the million-dollar question: Why are we just learning all of this two years after the fact? Why must emails be subpoenaed to learn all of this?

What else is the FBI hiding?

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/fbi-trump-dossier-cnn/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 22 May, 2018 10:09 am
@revelette1,
Mark Penn, Ex-Clinton Aide, Dismisses Mueller Inquiry, and the Clintons Along With It
Quote:
[...]
Mr. Penn declined to comment on Monday, but his migration away from the Clinton camp has been a long time coming. More center-right than most advisers in the Clinton orbit, he long battled with more liberal aides and eventually stepped down from his post as chief strategist for Mrs. Clinton’s 2008 campaign amid bitter internal feuds driven by clashes over personality and strategy as well as ideology.

A New York native who was captivated by numbers since childhood and parlayed a Harvard education to become a top Democratic pollster, Mr. Penn, 64, was one of three strategists brought into the White House by Mr. Clinton after Republicans swept the 1994 midterm elections and took control of Congress.

The three helped Mr. Clinton pivot toward the political center to undercut the House speaker Newt Gingrich’s Republicans and regain popular support to win re-election two years later. Mr. Penn’s internal rivals grumbled that he cared more about statistics than people and pushed a bloodless form of politics that focused on trivial symbolism like school uniforms over meaningful policy.

Mr. Penn considered such criticism to be sour grapes by advisers who were held hostage by the left wing of the party, unable to see the popular middle and resentful of his ascendance. He boasted a record of helping elect two dozen heads of state around the world. He has also worked for corporate giants like Microsoft.

EDITORS’ PICKS

Trump Aides Met Gulf Envoy Who Offered to Help Campaign

Behind New York’s Housing Crisis: Weak Laws and Uneven Regulation

The Bicultural Blackness of the Royal Wedding
The other two members of that rescue team brought in after 1994, Dick Morris and Douglas E. Schoen, would also go on to become sharp critics of the Clintons and favorite guests on Fox News. But Mr. Penn lasted longer with the Clintons than any of them and had been most associated with their campaigns. He helped steer Mrs. Clinton to win a Senate seat from New York in 2000 and set the original course of her 2008 presidential bid against Barack Obama, including the famous ad asking voters who would they trust for a 3 a.m. crisis phone call.

Today, he is the president of the Stagwell Group, a digital investment firm that owns a series of public affairs agencies, including one that has worked for Republicans like Speaker Paul D. Ryan and Mitt Romney, the former presidential candidate.
[...]

edgarblythe

Tue 22 May, 2018 10:13 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

So you think Mueller will be swayed into either going on or wrapping up according to democrats election concerns? My goodness. I don't think he is corrupt so I do not think that concern will weigh with him, nor for the others in the DOJ. If so, we have a corrupt system all the way through.

I wasn't commenting on Mueller. I only specified Democrats.
coldjoint

Tue 22 May, 2018 10:18 am
Quote:
The cleanest way out of this is for the WH to declassify everything. The DOJ/FBI/Intelligence community has forfeited its arguments about classification, given its willingness to blow a source so that it could spin a story. Let the chips fall.

From a real journalist, or at least one that does not hate Trump. I agree get it out there. Do any Trump haters have any objections, you bet they do, why?
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/22/kimberley-strassel-levels-obama-bro-jon-favreau-after-spat-with-maria-bartiromo/
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 22 May, 2018 10:21 am
@edgarblythe,
That's unusual...you trying to attack Democrats.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 22 May, 2018 10:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for filling in the information about this man, Walter.
0 Replies

thack45

Tue 22 May, 2018 10:33 am
It is my understanding that Donald Trump has called for an investigation into Robert Mueller's investigation. I ask that you all join me in demanding an investigation into that investigation of the first investigation. And for good measure (because you never know what the investigation of the investigation into the investigation will turn up,) I'm also preemptively demanding an investigation of the proposed investigation into the investigation of the initial investigation. That ought to just about sort it.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Tue 22 May, 2018 01:56 pm
Quote:
Watergate 2.0 Why are the editors of The Washington Post so opposed to investigating?

Anyone like to answer that? The information will be made public. Why is there a problem? Question
Quote:
I’m sorry, but if “trust is a key national security asset,” shouldn’t we be able to trust that an outgoing Administration is not using the power of government, the police power of the state, to ‘investigate’ the political campaigns of the opposition party? Shouldn’t the newspaper which tells us that ‘democracy dies in darkness’ want to have this credibly and reasonably investigated?

And am I wrong to suspect that, had it been the outgoing Bush Administration which ‘investigated’ Mr Obama’s campaign in 2008, the editors of the Post would have been almost apoplectic in their outrage, and determined that not only the Obama Department of Justice, but their own reporters should be digging deeply in their attempts to investigate this?

Well, who knows? Perhaps a thorough investigation will reveal that Dr Halper’s ‘inquiries’ were nothing more than what those two august newspapers have claimed, simply checking to see if Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin was manipulating the Trump campaign. But we won’t know that without an investigation. One wonders why the Post doesn’t want one.[/u]

http://www.journal14.com/2018/05/22/watergate-2-0/
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 22 May, 2018 02:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why are you commenting in a political thread?

(Just ribbing you, always like to read your thoughts.)
oralloy

Tue 22 May, 2018 02:06 pm
@Real Music,
The New York Times wrote:
By Demanding an Investigation, Trump Challenged a Constraint on His Power
A challenge that was long overdue.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 22 May, 2018 02:14 pm
@oralloy,
everyone, even the GOP "normals" have stated that this is just another Trumpty Political Gag.

The man is nuttier than a Snickers and anyone who is ignoring that fact is right up there or is unbelievably gullible.
farmerman

Tue 22 May, 2018 02:19 pm
@oralloy,
work on reading comp sir. The constitution is not silent on the bounds of his authority. You should do some further searching . All you gave is the "responsibilities" clause.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 22 May, 2018 03:22 pm
@hightor,
I vowed to take a break, not to never return.

I took a break and now I'm back.

Can't say though that I am all that thrilled to engage with so many of the usual idiots (yourself excluded) and so there's a decent chance that I won't be coming back full throttle without an infusion of a fine single malt.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 22 May, 2018 03:56 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
everyone, even the GOP "normals"

You mean RINOs.
Quote:
The man is nuttier than a Snickers

Still is smarter than many, including you.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 22 May, 2018 04:10 pm
Quote:
SORRY DEMS…2018 Blue Wave Isn’t Going To Happen…NEW SHOCK POLL Shows GOP Taking Lead

Quote:
The latest Reuters generic poll shows Republicans suddenly with a 6 point lead…a 9 point swing in just one week!
This comes after more record economic news (ignored by the liberal mainstream media).

Reuters says so,not Rasmussen, Reuters.
https://100percentfedup.com/sorry-dems2018-blue-wave-isnt-going-to-happennew-shock-poll-shows-gop-taking-lead/
0 Replies