monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Tue 15 May, 2018 06:10 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
So you conservatives think that getting a Non Disclosure Agreement signed empowers the president to lie to the American people without consequences?

This is silly. All politicians lie without consequences.

Blickers wrote:
But then Trump started talking about how our allies needed to pay more. And maybe we should leave NATO, (music to Putin's ears). And how from now on we should forget about commitments to defend freedom and instead deal with Russia on the basis of mutual self-interest. Presumably, that means if Russia wants to take over Eastern Europe again, they can have it as long as we get our cut. Trump has done a great job trying to rend apart the unity that NATO has had for seventy years and which has defended freedom so well, in order to curry favor with Putin. This is a dangerous situation.

In 2012 Obama expressed open contempt for the idea that Russia was still a danger to the west, and promised Putin that he'd be a lot softer on Russia after the election was over.

Blickers wrote:
No, we did not agree with Reagan's trickle down domestic policies, but I know of no liberal who spoke out in defense of the Communist regime that was falling down. We were there cheering the Soviet Union's demise.

That's not how I remember it. I recall liberals trying to undermine the US and help the USSR destroy us.

Blickers wrote:
This is as opposed to Trump, who constantly seeks to reward Russia for it's takeover of Ukrainian Crimea and it's invasion of Eastern Ukraine proper by getting rid of the sanctions that got put in under Obama.

Actually Trump strengthened those sanctions and started giving weapons to Ukraine. Obama only gave them nonlethal aid.

Blickers wrote:
And of course, Trump installed Jeff Sessions as Attorney General, who promptly lied to the Senate confirmation committee about meeting the Russian ambassador secretly.

He didn't lie.

Blickers wrote:
Clearly, Trump was the Manchurian Candidate and has stocked his Administration with people who will do Putin's bidding. What a disgrace.

Even if that were actually true, it wouldn't matter.

What's important is that Trump protects the Second Amendment. Everything else is secondary.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 15 May, 2018 06:15 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
That's not how I remember it. I recall liberals trying to undermine the US and help the USSR destroy us.
Interesting. Your powers to recall that period seem full of holes.
oralloy

Tue 15 May, 2018 06:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
No. My recall is nearly perfect.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 15 May, 2018 07:02 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
No. My recall is nearly perfect.
Well, at least (eye-)witnesses have made different experiences.
revelette1

Tue 15 May, 2018 07:28 am
Once again Israel and US conservatives (and some democrats, more than there should be) are blaming the victims of Israel's aggression. It is how they get away with killing thousands of civilian Palestinians, just claim the "Arabs" uses civilians as shields and thus they can go on killing Palestinians with that faux justification. Not only that, but apparently their excuse for killing children who are at the fence protesting in the 'great return march' is simply say the children should have been in school. I think Israel is guilty of as much human rights violations as any of the other non democratic countries. I don't understand why we support Israel.

Moreover, Trump is nothing but a dangerous idiot for moving the embassy to Jerusalem despite it being something that was apparently approved in congress. (It shouldn't have been.) It messes up any further peace talks because it arbitrarily assumes Jerusalem to be Israel's capitol when such is not the case. All the blood shed over embassy move is blood on Trump and thus US hands.
oralloy

Tue 15 May, 2018 08:16 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Once again Israel and US conservatives (and some democrats, more than there should be) are blaming the victims of Israel's aggression.

People who try to murder Jews are not victims.

And when Jews defend themselves from murderers, that is not aggression.

revelette1 wrote:
It is how they get away with killing thousands of civilian Palestinians, just claim the "Arabs" uses civilians as shields and thus they can go on killing Palestinians with that faux justification.

Nothing faux about it. Jews have the same right to defend themselves that everyone else has.

revelette1 wrote:
Not only that, but apparently their excuse for killing children who are at the fence protesting in the 'great return march' is simply say the children should have been in school.

The reason they were killed is because they were trying to murder innocent people.

revelette1 wrote:
I think Israel is guilty of as much human rights violations as any of the other non democratic countries.

Facts and reality, however, indicate otherwise.

revelette1 wrote:
I don't understand why we support Israel.

Because they are the good guys. We tend to support fellow good guys.

revelette1 wrote:
Moreover, Trump is nothing but a dangerous idiot for moving the embassy to Jerusalem despite it being something that was apparently approved in congress. (It shouldn't have been.) It messes up any further peace talks

Those further peace talks had already destroyed by the Palestinians and their demented supporters.

Israel can't mess up something that no longer exists.

revelette1 wrote:
because it arbitrarily assumes Jerusalem to be Israel's capitol when such is not the case.

Wrong. Jerusalem is very much Israel's capital.

revelette1 wrote:
All the blood shed over embassy move is blood on Trump and thus US hands.

No. It is on the hands of the murdering Palestinians who decided to try to go on a killing spree yesterday.
oralloy

Tue 15 May, 2018 08:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, at least (eye-)witnesses have made different experiences.

Plenty of people witnessed liberals trying to undermine the US and help the USSR win during the Cold War.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 15 May, 2018 08:23 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
There were plenty of witnesses to liberals trying to undermine the US and help the USSR to win during the Cold War.
Well, I've been engaged in quite a few activities (e.g. close reconnaissance) during the cold war (under a "liberal" defence minister and "liberal" chancellor), certainly you did so, too.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:01 am
@oralloy,
You are simply not worth the bother of responding to when you trot out tired lines over and over again concerning Israel's aggression. The people in Gaza were unarmed protesters and Israel fired upon them. They were not firing rockets at Israel but some kids might of threw a few rocks out of pure helpless frustration. You act as though Israel can do no wrong when nearly the opposite has been true since it's conception.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:07 am
@revelette1,
I wonder, why some (e.g. the USA) block calls for an independent Gaza inquiry.
coldjoint

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:10 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
blaming the victims of Israel's aggression.

I see, aggression is defending a fence built to keep people out? Sounds like a good reason to me. These protests are hardly peaceful. Israel has proven most of protestors killed are jihadis.

You need to understand that Palestinians are Islamic and do not want peace. That they have fooled so many only shows how stupid and intimidated some people are.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:11 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

You are simply not worth the bother of responding to

Ever, Oralloy has not an ounce of humanity whatsoever. It's not just the Palestinians, it's the parents and classmates of children murdered by gun nuts in America, it's black people killed by racist police officers, it's refugees or any number of people persecuted and killed by authoritarian regimes.

In 1984 Orwell describes a human face being stamped on for all eternity. Most of us sympathise with the face, Oralloy takes the side of the jackboot.

Don't waste your time trying to reason with such a creature.
coldjoint

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:13 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Oralloy takes the side of the jackboot.

That is rich from someone who lives with the boot on his throat in the UK.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:22 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
You are simply not worth the bother of responding to when you trot out tired lines over and over again concerning Israel's aggression.

It is hardly aggression when Jews defend themselves from murderers.

revelette1 wrote:
The people in Gaza were unarmed protesters and Israel fired upon them.

Fired in self defense when those unarmed protesters tried to murder them with their bare hands.

revelette1 wrote:
They were not firing rockets at Israel

That's good. But it doesn't make it OK for them to try to murder people with their bare hands.

revelette1 wrote:
but some kids might of threw a few rocks out of pure helpless frustration.

Thrown rocks are lethal weapons, especially when they are launched from a sling.

Why do you think baseball players wear helmets?

revelette1 wrote:
You act as though Israel can do no wrong

Well, it is a fact that Israel is not doing anything wrong.

revelette1 wrote:
nearly the opposite has been true since it's conception.

Falsely accusing Jews of imaginary crimes is a really despicable thing to do.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I wonder, why some (e.g. the USA) block calls for an independent Gaza inquiry.

I haven't heard about this, but I can speculate. The likely reason is that the proposed inquiry was not interested in facts but was merely meant to be a vehicle for making false accusations against Jews.
oralloy

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
it's black people killed by racist police officers,

Hardly racism for police officers to defend themselves when a black person tries to murder them.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:35 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
The likely reason is that the proposed inquiry was not interested in facts but was merely meant to be a vehicle for making false accusations against Jews.
So all the other nations (including such a close ally as the UK) want to make false accusations against Jews?
oralloy

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:39 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
So all the other nations (including such a close ally as the UK) want to make false accusations against Jews?

Well, remember I'm speculating about something that I haven't even heard about except for what you've posted.

But yes, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
coldjoint

Tue 15 May, 2018 09:49 am
@oralloy,

Quote:
But yes, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

It shouldn't surprise anyone. It is socially acceptable to hate Jews for many Leftists. They will not admit it but the( provably) false accusations bear that out.

The UN sanctions Israel more than any other nation on nothing more than hearsay regularly, and the biggest violators of human rights are the accusers. It shows that the UN is no more than an Islamic tool, supported by tools all over the world.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 15 May, 2018 10:01 am

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This ... is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.” ― John Adams

0 Replies