monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 08:44 pm

Quote:
ROBERT MUELLER: UNMASKED

by Congressman Louie Gohmert

This destroys Mueller's credibility.

https://truepundit.com/congressman-louie-gohmert-just-absolutely-wrecked-robert-mueller-with-epic-48-page-investigative-blowout-we-have-it-here/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 08:59 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Toronto van attacker bald in arrest photos yesterday, has full head of hair in court sketches today

Or are authorities once again not being honest with us

this is a full head of hair?

https://postmediatorontosun.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/capture42-e1524702018992.jpg

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/warmington-accused-van-killer-says-in-jail-that-he-wanted-to-be-shot-witness#link_time=1524708012

(torontosun - right-wing/sensationalist paper in town)

__

you might want to double-check your sources
ehBeth

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:02 pm
@maporsche,
No - it's the same point - we just disagree about what defines the viewpoints.

I'm saying that the viewpoints of the people in Wyoming are seriously over-represented in American government. The demographics let us know, in part, the origins of those viewpoints.

I believe in rep by pop, not rep by state.
ehBeth

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:03 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
That is what we are importing. We are the indigenous civilization.

what tribe are you?
glitterbag

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:05 pm
@ehBeth,
made me laugh hahahahahaha
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:16 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I believe in rep by pop, not rep by state.

I'd like to go back to having senators picked by state governments.

The people get enough representation from the House alone. The Senate should be about giving state governments a voice.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
what tribe are you?

A large tribe, the Western Civilization tribe is its name. Recognize it? Or have you just given up on it?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:26 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
this is a full head of hair?

Should be asking "That is a sketch artist?"
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, I’m confused then because I don’t disagree with what you wrote.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 12:39 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm not against Macron's attempt at stabilizing Trump. I don't think it'll work though. I was just sharing a cartoon to illustrate the view that he's trying too hard to engratiate himself. Losen up.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 12:51 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I don't think it'll work though.
Macron has said he probably failed to persuade Donald Trump to stay in the Iran nuclear deal. He wants Trump to accept negotiations for a side-deal with Tehran, in return for continuing to waive sanctions. But speaking to US reporters before leaving Washington, Macron said: "My view – I don’t know what your president will decide – is that he will get rid of this deal on his own, for domestic reasons." Trump also pulled the US out of the Paris climate change accord and Macron said such changes "can work in the short term but it’s very insane in the medium to long term".
Olivier5

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 12:57 am
@maporsche,
That's inherently a difficult question, since comparing the politics of different countries always involves some apples and oranges... If you are interested in comparative politics, you could try reviewing the World Bank's 'Worldwide Governance Indicators (WGI) project. They would typically conclude that nordic countries have the best governance. And New Zealand.

In short, it's perfectly possible to have a stronger democracy than the US nowadays. It's not even that difficult.
oralloy

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 01:04 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Curious though if you would answer my question on countries whose government systems you feel are the best in the world?

Scandinavian countries tend to have the best governments overall, but they are lacking when it comes to Second Amendment issues. They do have a lot of privately-owned guns, but they tend to be for hunting and home defense, not for concealed carry in public.
Olivier5

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 01:04 am
@maporsche,
To me, protecting minorities means not victimising them for no good reason. Like not shooting black people like rabbits on the first day of the hunting season.

I don't know what "protecting a point of view" means. No amount of force will force anyone to change his point of view, so there's no need for protection that I can see.

Now, if a given (often white) minority can rule over the majority, then you have a oligarchy, not a democracy.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 01:11 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Scandinavian countries tend to have the best governments overall,
Government Formation in the Nordic Countries: The Electoral Connection
Quote:
In Denmark, Finland and Iceland the majority of governments contained parties that both won and lost in elections, whereas in Sweden nearly half of the governments included only parties that lost seats. Only in Iceland and Denmark does election success translate to an increased probability of a government place in an increasing way. In Norway and particularly in Sweden big losers have better chances of being in government than big winners. ... ... ...
Although that chanced a bit since that quoted report was published (2002), the election systems haven't changed substantially.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 04:06 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Like not shooting black people like rabbits on the first day of the hunting season.

So wait for the second day, Olly?

Can't believe you posted that.
Olivier5

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 04:17 am
@Builder,
I can't believe you understood that.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 05:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, Macron must know it's a long shot. He wants to be able to say "I tried".

Il n'est pas nécessaire d'espérer pour entreprendre, ni de réussir pour perséverer.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 05:52 am
@Olivier5,
Mais il est ni Sisyphe, ni Sacher-Masoch.
Olivier5

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 06:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Oui, c'est un type courageux qui n'hésite pas à prendre des risques et essaye de faire des choses difficiles. Il aime ça même. Par exemple, il essaye aussi de remplacer le Royaume Uni dans sa 'relation spéciale' avec les Américains, ce qui pas rien.

Il paraît que la fortune sourit aux audacieux...