monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 09:36 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, kind of like McConnell in Kentucky. I've just resigned myself to the fact he will be there until he dies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 09:53 am
@maporsche,
I'm not such a fan of hope.

More a fan of action, door-knocking and donations.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 10:00 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

.You seem to be obsessed with me. Not healthy. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nahh... I still occupy that space as witnessed by her sig lines over the years. Very Happy
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 10:12 am
@blatham,
There were less than 30 of the miscreants. Hardly a cause for national shame, or call to arms for anti-fascist warriors.

One of those who came to protest the rally tweeted that they outnumbered the Neo-Nazis by the hundreds.

A couple of dozen idiots (mostly young males) acting like idiots. OMG!!

https://www.theroot.com/the-only-thing-missing-from-georgias-neo-nazi-rally-was-1825465294

Appears the only ones actually breaking any laws were the Antifa idiots in masks who refused to remove their means of concealing their identities when ordered to by the police enforcing a law on the books.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/04/21/neo-nazis-anti-fascist-groups-descend-georgia-town-competing-rallies/538857002/
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 10:15 am
@edgarblythe,
The Machiavellians are the only ones who have told us the full truth about power. . . . The primary object, in practice, of all rulers is to serve their own interest, to maintain their own power and privilege. . . . No theory, no promises, no morality, no amount of good will, no religion will restrain power. Neither priests nor soldiers, neither labor leaders nor business men, neither bureaucrats nor feudal lords will differ from each other in the basic use they will seek to make of power. . . . Only power restrains power. . . . When all opposition is destroyed, there is no longer any limit to what power may do. A despotism, any kind of despotism, can be benevolent only by accident.

James Burnham - The Machiavellians, Defenders of Freedom (1943)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 10:18 am
Wow! Turns out the #Resistance is actually made up of folks who heavily believe in American Exceptionalism.

http://www.psypost.org/2018/04/collective-narcissism-predicted-growth-conspiracy-thinking-2016-election-study-finds-51095
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 10:51 am
LOL, Trump butchers Macron’s name; Macron’s wry smile is priceless.

Melania looks incredible. I guess great clothes and associated kudos are her concession for the bloody hell she’s endured lately a la Stormy.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:09 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

revelette1 wrote:
Who do you imagine will do it?

their immediate neighbours

ehBeth wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

That sounds good in theory but in practice it's a near impossibility.

which still doesn't give the West any right to muck about in the ME

we have to step back. countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran need to step up as peacemakers/peacekeepers in the region without always to handing-off to countries who enjoy interfering

#45's been reading my posts

Quote:
"Very rich countries are in the Middle East. They have to make major contributions. They have not been doing it as they should...they have to step up tremendously, not a little bit."
Region Philbis

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:24 am
@ehBeth,

jesus, he writes like a twelve-year old...

(a not very bright twelve-year old...)
ehBeth

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:28 am
@Region Philbis,
His comments re North Korea are even uhhhh better.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Nahh... I still occupy that space as witnessed by her sig lines over the years. Very Happy

You can have her, I have no use for a bitter individual that can't handle the truth about what she believes and defends criminals who have abused the power the people have trusted them with.

She is a group think robot with a nasty attitude.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:36 am
An example
Quote:
Now here’s a story you won’t see much in the liberal media.

According to Federal Election Commission records, the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign laundered $84 million.

Margot Cleveland of The Federalist reports:

Yet the mainstream media took no notice of last week’s federal court filing that exposes an $84 million money-laundering conspiracy the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign executed during the 2016 presidential election in violation of federal campaign-finance law.

That lawsuit, filed last week in a DC district court, summarizes the DNC-Clinton conspiracy and provides detailed evidence from Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings confirming the complaint’s allegations that Democrats undertook an extensive scheme to violate federal campaign limits.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-clinton-money-laundering/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_Morning_Newsletter_4_24_2018&utm_content=02ab620de8d28d45a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI
Quote:
That’s so like Hillary! Gaming the system for her own benefit.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:43 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
She is a group think robot with a nasty attitude.

An Analysis of Trump Supporters Has Identified 5 Key Traits
Quote:
1. Authoritarian Personality Syndrome
[...]
2. Social dominance orientation
[...]
3. Prejudice
[...]
4. Intergroup contact
[...]
5. Relative deprivation
[...]
coldjoint

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:46 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
His comments re North Korea are even uhhhh better.

What he has done with NK is better. Better than any president before him, and plenty had their chance. Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, both Bush's, Clinton, and Obama did nothing but appease them.

Walter Hinteler

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:48 am
@coldjoint,
Indeed, the North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un has been "very open" and "very honorable", something all the other presidents have missed.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Posted Dec 31, 2017

^^^^^
The date of your link. I think Trump has lost some support and gained some support in the time after it was written. Another attempt to classify his supporters is why he is so popular with some. They reject these studies because they are meaningless.

The only purpose they serve are to make losers feel better about themselves like they do when they stand behind ideas they have been told are correct by manipulators only interested in power, not people.

coldjoint

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Kim Jong Un has been "very open" and "very honorable", something all the other presidents have missed.

You are content to pound salt up the ass of anyone you need something from aren't you? That is what diplomacy is all about.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:58 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
The date of your link. I think Trump has lost some support and gained some support in the time after it was written. Another attempt to classify his supporters is why he is so popular with some. They reject these studies because they are meaningless.
Is this your opinion about any study or just about those about you/Trump supporters?

coldjoint

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 12:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Is this your opinion about any study or just about those about you/Trump supporters?

Why don't you figure it out yourself. You are a smart cookie.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 24 Apr, 2018 12:11 pm
@coldjoint,
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your efforts giving such an extensive answer. Does anyone else get this level of help from you?
0 Replies