monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 04:09 pm
@revelette1,
Good of you to admit so, but I doubt you would have had it not been a liberal slumlord taking you to task.

Edit: I don't believe maporche is actually a slumlord, just a jerk about Hannity

Edit II: Who never would have defended him if he wasn't himself an investor in low-income housing.
maporsche

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 04:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Edit II: Who never would have defended him if he wasn't himself an investor in low-income housing.

True enough (I actually said that in my initial post..."as someone who...this concerns me"). Nothing wrong with that either.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 04:33 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

...it was just the first thought which went through my mind

I can 100% understand that reflexive response.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:01 pm
There are a number of key GOP political goals that have been around for a long while. Union-busting is one of them.
Quote:
Republicans in the Colorado state legislature have introduced a bill that could land teachers who go on strike in jail.

Local station Denver7 News reported on Sunday that the Senate bill, sponsored by Sen. Bob Gardner (R) and state Rep. Paul Lundeen (R), would allow school districts to seek an injunction in the event of a strike. Any teacher who refuses to comply would be considered in “contempt of court” and could face up to six months in jail.

The bill would also allow school districts to fire those teachers without a proper hearing.

...Denver7 noted that average salaries for Colorado teachers rank 46th in the nation, and that they spend approximately $656 out of pocket for school supplies every year.
TPM
blatham

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:08 pm
Oh my goodness. Trump told a fib. Utter shock here.
Quote:
Trump’s false claims to Comey about Moscow stay could aid Mueller
James Comey says the president told him that he never spent the night in Moscow in 2013, but flight records, social media and his bodyguard's testimony show otherwise.
Politico
Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:18 pm
Greg Sargent gets this right
Quote:
What happens if Trump fires Rosenstein or makes a serious effort to remove Mueller? It is not hard to envision many GOP candidates siding with Trump as a way to energize Republican voters, thus further rallying them against the investigation and making it even less likely that GOP lawmakers intervene. In other words, the GOP’s slide into authoritarianism could get a whole lot worse.
WP
oralloy

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:22 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
What happens if Trump fires Rosenstein or makes a serious effort to remove Mueller?

a) The left throws a tantrum.

b) Everyone ignores the tantrum.

c) Life goes on.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Trump told a fib.

He always has dinner under oath, right? Meaningless bullshit. Also, this story has been posted. Pay attention.

Are you suggesting that in order for a fib to be considered a fib, that it requires being under oath?

Try that with your wife and see how it goes.
coldjoint

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:26 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
In other words, the GOP’s slide into authoritarianism could get a whole lot worse.

That is ridiculous. What are your examples of this authoritarianism, besides this one, since the situation is not real. Is it that bad they have to make up situations and speculate on what would happen?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:28 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Are you suggesting that in order for a fib to be considered a fib, that it requires being under oath?

Actually my point is to say it is not illegal, fibbing is something good people do, Comey said so.
ehBeth

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:29 pm
Anyone know off-hand what the #1 money-laundering tool in the US is?

Mr. Hannity might know.
coldjoint

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Mr. Hannity might know.

Let me guess, real estate? That makes him a criminal, got ya. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:33 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Actually my point is to say it is not illegal....

I don't think anyone was suggesting that it was illegal. Maybe you have some insight into the hearts and minds of individual posters, but nothing I read makes the claim you're defending.

...that's the definition of some logical fallacy. A logical fallacy is a failure of your brain working properly, just something to keep in mind as you age.
ehBeth

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:34 pm
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mike-flynn-s-son-subject-federal-russia-probe-n800741
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:37 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
...that's the definition of some logical fallacy.

That is the definition of this investigation. Thanks.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 06:59 pm
Quote:
Too Much Winning – Democrats Pin Hopes On Bloomberg Travel Fail…

::with Russian voice:: Comrades, we are almost winning too much. Almost. While we recruit Comrade Kanye West to our mission, American narrative engineers pinned remaining hopes on Comrade Trump 2013 visit to mother Moscow; and with visit to beautiful city for beautiful women of Universe pageant.

But seriously, if anyone paid attention to the latest hopes of the #Resistance, their cause du jour circled around discovering proof for the vast Russian conspiracy/collusion narrative through Bloomberg purchasing flight logs to determine validity to Clinton-Steele Dossier. [More on that below] The effort is so pathetic it would be laughable if Trump Derangement Syndrome wasn’t actually a real thing.

While the Moonbats are chasing red flight dots… the Trump administration leveraged Rand Paul to bend the knee on confirming Mike Pompeo for Secretary of State; and the larger Senate ‘Resist-We-Much’ movement collapsed along with him… Even Corker (insert loud Russian laughter here).

It seems Bloomberg forgot about the time changes that come with geographic differences in location. Science is your friend. There is a comment on the link that explains it.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/04/23/too-much-winning-democrats-pin-hopes-on-bloomberg-travel-fail/
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 23 Apr, 2018 07:06 pm
Apparently, John Oliver is buying ads on Sean Hannity's show so that he can speak directly to the President.

Edit: And the thought just occurred to me... Wouldn't it be a grand and perfect thing if liberals with a bit of extra cash - people like Amy Schumer, Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, Rob Reiner, Mel Brooks, Morgan Freeman, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, etc etc - bought up all the add time for Hannity's show.