monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Trump is capable of very generous and compassionate acts (never publicized) and incredibly rude and boorish ones as well (always publicized) The former don't excuse the latter but they help to present a far more complex picture of the man than left-wingers would have us believe.

Politics is, as they say, a contact sport. The Bushes have been accused of worse dirty tricks than criticizing a president or mocking a candidate. I like the family, and if they want to remain on their high horses that's fine with me, but it's not as if the family of Joseph the Carpenter found fault with Trump.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:48 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The Democrats NRA, Planned Parenthood, has got parents very angry.

Several practical problems with this analogy:

1) The MSM loves PP and hates the NRA - They are a major force in America and, no doubt, in the rest of Western world.

2) There are virtually no left-wingers who will part with PP

3) There are plenty of conservatives who are afraid of how their convictions play in the media who will, at least publically, part with the NRA.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Why?

Do you think the Bush family doesn't have the grace to keep their displeasure with him more private?
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm
@revelette1,
Which one then?
Walter Hinteler

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I do think, it would have been appropriate. On the other side, who knows what would have happened if?
Pragmatically, it was better that he did not participate.
(It depends on from what side you look at it, who had "displeasure" with whom and why.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:55 pm
What a load of old horsie poop. Fred Trump and his wife were well-known philanthropists who gave millions to hospitals and medical research institutes. Their son is a loud-mouthed, childish, self-centered, boorish lout who wouldn't know charity if it bit him in the ass. His father and mother contributed to hospitals and research institutes by building facilities for them, or donating properties which Fred Trump already owned. Eric Trump, President Plump's son, runs a charitable foundation which has given away tens of millions of dollars. His dear daddy, however, doesn't have much of a charitable profile. Plump's modest (read tight-fisted) charitable activities.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 01:53 pm
@Setanta,
Someone filled to his nose with horse poop would probably think that the only way for someone to express compassion and generosity is by giving their wealth away.

Gates and Buffet give away staggering amounts of money and keep staggering amounts for themselves. It merely signifies that they are sane.
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 02:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
There is no Planned Parenthood in the UK,

Quote:
The protest has taken off from Charlotte, North Carolina, to about 15 other cities, including Austin and San Antonio, Texas; Spokane, Washington; Garden Grove and Sacramento, California; Evansville, Bloomington, and Indianapolis, Indiana; Decorah, Iowa; and Martinsburg, West Virginia.

Those sound like American cities to me. Read the whole quote. They are protesting because it is PP funded in their cities
revelette1

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 02:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I used the word soul as in a general expression of character which is the mental and moral (in the secular sense) distinctions in a person. Usually someone like a president two years in a presidency has shown enough of themselves where most people who have been observant can form some sort of opinion of a person's character. Or I could have just shortened my reply to say, I used the word soul in a secular sense.
coldjoint

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 03:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
According to their facebook site, 0 take part, 1 is interested.

We know Facebook is censored in Germany.
coldjoint

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 04:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
GIGO

If that was your last post, done.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 05:43 pm
@revelette1,
Going forward, try "character" It will work better
revelette1

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 06:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yeah, you are right, those kinds of words come naturally to me, but...anyway, you're right.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:33 pm
Quote:
You have no way to prove any of that, why say it?

Could I get an answer?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 08:30 pm
Quote:
Iranian President Vows to Respond if U.S. Backs Out of Nuclear Deal

Quote:
The Iranian president threatens “unexpected” action if the U.S. backs out of the Iran nuclear deal.

In a speech to senior government officials in Tehran, President Hassan Rouhani said the U.S. is violating the terms of the agreement.

Obama helped Iran(BIG TIME) get the power they have now. Trump has to deal with it.
I hope the FBI does not raid the Oval office.

http://www.oann.com/iranian-president-vows-to-respond-if-u-s-backs-out-of-nuclear-deal/
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 08:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have no doubt that you are, from personal experience, and expert on those filled to their noses in horse poop. You wrote: "Trump is capable of very generous and compassionate acts . . ." I was responding to that. If you have anything to contribute other than vicious personal slights, perhaps you will provide us some descriptions and evidence of his generosity and compassion. I compared him to his parents and his son, and linked evidence for what I had written.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:02 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Those sound like American cities to me. Read the whole quote. They are protesting because it is PP funded in their cities
coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
Internationally, protests are planned for London, Harrow, U.K.; Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Victoria, British Columbia, Canada; and Mulgrave, Victoria, Australia.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:04 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
We know Facebook is censored in Germany.
Europe. I was referring to the UK-site.

So you think, they even change posts?
On the other hand, since they are protesting because it is PP funded in Harrow, London ....
coldjoint

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Europe. I was referring to the UK-site.

They censor also. And make arrests. The UK, not Facebook.
0 Replies