monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
So Haley might be the next candidate to get fired?
It might happen but I would bet otherwise. It's not a huge error and I think Haley is being groomed for higher office (though not by Trump who doesn't give a **** about the GOP or it's future except as it might effect himself).
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
What??? Now what have I done?

Normally, it is inappropriate, perhaps even unnatural, for a female to challenge or question a dude. However, today I'm pretending to be a liberal so I'll ignore the traditional protocols.

My post in question was merely meant to communicate a nod of approval along with a general thanks to Bacchus and the other cool Gods that I'm not your target.
coldjoint

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:15 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
My post in question was merely meant to communicate a nod of approval along with a general thanks to Bacchus and the other cool Gods that I'm not your target.

Small and obsequious prattle. But from a spammer not unexpected.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:16 pm
@coldjoint,
It took Old Buck several years to meet up with his reasons for disdain, Trump has gotten his going at his inauguration.
Im amazed how stupid you folks are for NOT seeing his failings on display.

blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The Washington Post wins 2 Pulitzer Prizes for reporting on Russian interference and Alabama Senate race
The Post has become my favorite newspaper. I think they are being more courageous than the NYT.
coldjoint

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:25 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I think they are being more courageous than the NYT.

They certainly have the money to do that. Courage to the WP is simply more negative stories and out right lies about Trump than anyone in print.

They are seen for what they are. No one trusts the MSM but you people, and you are a decided minority that bloats its numbers and own importance by media control. Period.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
It took Old Buck several years to meet up with his reasons for disdain, Trump has gotten his going at his inauguration.
I'm amazed how stupid you folks are for NOT seeing his failings on display.
And ain't that a head-shaker. But it's probably a good thing that in this horrid period we can so easily recognize who among us will soon be "invited" to the re-education camps now being built in locations around the Bay area by gay union members (there will be transgender toilets and white janitorial staff).
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:39 pm
Quote:
Hundreds of ex-DOJ officials now urging Congress to ‘forcefully respond’ if Trump fires Mueller

Hundreds of former Justice Department employees are now urging Congress to “swiftly and forcefully respond” should President Trump fire Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, or Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who is overseeing the federal probe.

“It is up to the rest of us, and especially our elected representatives, to come to their defense and oppose any attempt by the President or others to improperly interfere in the Department’s work,” according to a statement signed by former officials who worked under current and previous administrations, some as far back as that of President Richard M. Nixon. The number of signatories has grown to more than 400 as of Sunday afternoon.
WP

Isn't it refreshing to witness people like this who have (and hold to) some of the basic principles that are necessary in the maintenance of a just society.
blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:42 pm
Winner of today's I'll Bet There Was! award
Quote:
By some accounts, "a gasp was heard in the courtroom" when Cohen's lawyer disclosed Hannity's name.
coldjoint

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:51 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Winner of today's I'll Bet There Was! award

Let's see you posted about other lawyers being corrupt for representing Scooter Libby. Your source said nothing about corruption. The fact that Cohen has another client is bad, or illegal?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:55 pm
My god this man is despicable
Quote:
The $43,000 soundproof phone booth that Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt had installed in his office last year violated federal spending laws, the Government Accountability Office said Monday.

In an eight-page letter to lawmakers, GAO general counsel Thomas H. Armstrong said the agency failed to notify lawmakers that it was exceeding the $5,000 limit for agency heads to furnish, redecorate or otherwise make improvements to their offices. In addition, Armstrong wrote, the agency also violated the federal Antideficiency Act, “because EPA obligated appropriated funds in a manner specifically prohibited by law.”
WP

But he's still in place, even after everything we've found out about him. That tells us how important dismantling the EPA is to the folks in the GOP who are running things. He may still end up getting the boot if it is deemed the bad news associated with him is working significant electoral damage but if that happens, his replacement will be of the same sort.

And is this the right time to recall that we now know Shell was aware - in the 1980s - of global warming caused by the burning of fossil fuels. And so they poured money into the lie that the science was garbage to protect their financial position. Really top-drawer humans, these guys.
coldjoint

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:59 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
My god this man is despicable

Did he wish somebody dead like you do, and no one calls you on? Well, almost no one. But while I am on the subject, why would anyone listen to such a hate filled person calling someone despicable?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:02 pm
Quote:
“I’ve known Michael a long, long time,” Hannity said. “Let me be very clear to the media: Michael never represented me in any matter. I never retained him in any sense. I never received an invoice from Michael. I never paid legal fees to Michael. I’ve had occasional conversations with him on which I wanted his legal perspective. I assume those had attorney-client privilege. Not one issue ever involved a matter between me and any third party.”

Translation: "I didn't hump some womans and pay the big bucks for a pit-bull lawyer to shut her/them up".

Left unsaid: "Because that would be morally reprehensible and I'm not that sort of person"

https://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/uploader/image/2018/04/09/hannity-cohen.jpg
blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:12 pm
Quote:
A $12,375 taxpayer-funded charter flight, that Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke took last June from Las Vegas to his home in Montana, could have been avoided, the agency's internal watchdog said Monday.

Between the lines: The Inspector General's report says Zinke's team knew about the visit as early as March and could have worked out alternative travel plans. The revelation comes as several members of President Trump’s Cabinet have faced mounting backlash for their questionable spending habits.
Axios

What is so infuriating in the way people like Pruitt and Zinke operate is their clear sense of entitlement to use taxpayer funds as if they were members of an aristocratic ruling class... all the while complaining about the "entitlement" frame of mind they see in someone getting food stamps or wishing to have medical insurance.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:12 pm
@coldjoint,
I doubt there is another poll out there unless it is another right wing website or pollster which ask that specific question. The memo's were not classified; perhaps some were retroactively classified. As FBI director, Comey would have been in charge of what was classified and what was not. Moreover, Comey testified that he wrote the memos in such a way to make sure they would not qualify as classified.

Comey friend: Flynn memo was not classified (Politico)

So the polls question itself is questionable at best.

As for other polls concerning Comey and Trump, turns most believe Comey rather than Trump.

Comey more believable than Trump, poll finds (Politico)

ehBeth

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:14 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Hannity said. " I assume those had attorney-client privilege. ”

I love that he believes his audience is all that stupid.

revelette1

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:16 pm
@ehBeth,
If Hannity didn't actually retain him, why would his conversation with Cohen be covered under attorney client privilege?
coldjoint

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:22 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Moreover, Comey testified that he wrote the memos in such a way to make sure they would not qualify as classified.

The above is an excuse. Comey has broken the law, and more than once. He is out as a credible witness, period.
Quote:
The Washington Post/ABC News poll Laughing Laughing Laughing

revelette1

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:24 pm
@coldjoint,
You have no proof he did any such thing. If he did, he would already be under investigation himself.
blatham

Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:24 pm
@ehBeth,
For the most part, he's probably not wrong.