monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 02:28 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
More than likely they just prefer peaceful and diplomatic means to any military action.

Is that why minorities are killed in their countries, or reporters are arrested forcibly. Is that why things are blown up regularly in the ME? You are hearing, and stupidly believing, lip service from dictators who kill citizens with regularity.
revelette1

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 02:39 pm
@coldjoint,
According to my search, there are 34 Muslim countries in the world. There are 193 nations in the UN. So, you are full of it.
oralloy

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 02:39 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I disagree, Russia and Assad would just continue their aggressive tactics against Syrians like they have been knowing in the end, nothing but more sanctions would be done, which must not be enough of a deterrent.

They've already complained about the sanctions and pushed to have them lifted. If the sanctions were to continue indefinitely (until the UN Security Council referred the Syrian War to the International Criminal Court) they wouldn't like that very much. And sanctions can always be strengthened too.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 02:41 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
34 Muslim

Your research is wrong. And my last post did not single out Islamic countries. Although murder of Christians and Jews happens daily in some of those countries.

There are 50 Muslim countries. 49 without Palestine.

Quote:
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Chad
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Guinea
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kosovo
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Libya
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Mauritania
Mayotte
Morocco
Niger
Nigeria
Oman
Pakistan
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tajikistan
The Gambia
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Western Sahara
Yemen

http://www.cew.umich.edu/muslim_majority
revelette1

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 02:59 pm
@coldjoint,
My bad perhaps fifty instead of 34 majority Muslim countries. If you didn't single out Muslim countries, who were you were referring to in the ME?
coldjoint

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 03:03 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
If you didn't single out Muslim countries, who were you were referring to in the ME?

So you are saying Muslims are blowing up the ME. You do see that, don't you? I did not say that. But I agree with you.
revelette1

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 03:51 pm
@coldjoint,
There is no denying Palestinians shoot rockets into Israel and sometimes blow up suicide bombs. (I have no desire into an Israeli/Palestinian debate.) In any event, who were you were referring to? You remember we began down this sort of inane dialogue because you seem to imply all the members (including the US I guess) of the UN are complicit in the issues which face them and that is why they usually choose the most peaceful means of solving problem, so to speak. Your whole line of reason is bunk.
coldjoint

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 03:55 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
. Your whole line of reason is bunk.

Your belief that the UN is anything but a money pit and public relations agency for killers is also bunk.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 05:53 pm
@ehBeth,
I feared that it was.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
that 30 - 35% base number is unlikely to ever change

There definitely seems to be some percentage of humans who are just too fixed of mind to shift their views, now matter what. Bush's got down to 25% or even lower, Truman's low was 22%, Nixon down to 24, and Carter at 28 Gallup
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:07 pm
Here is a concern for all Americans or Americans that support free speech, there are some who do not, those people are fascists, period.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:08 pm
@revelette1,
Yes. It's not a simple matter.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:25 pm
@hightor,
A few quibbles but overall it's an excellent piece. I also have been loath to use "progressive" as a self identifier and my reasons are the same as yours and the author's. I watched the right wing media as it followed the lead of Pat Buchanan and the movement conservative crowd (the religious right particularly) work diligently to redefine "liberal" in order to quench their hunger for a new enemy as the USSR faded away. Of course, they are still doing this.
blatham

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:31 pm
Kentucky's governor is a serious dipshit.
Quote:
KY Gov.: I Guarantee Kids Were ‘Sexually Assaulted’ During Teacher Rally

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin (R) claimed on Friday that children were “sexually assaulted” or “introduced to drugs for the first time” because they were “left alone at home” during the teacher rally that day.

“I guarantee you somewhere in Kentucky a child was sexually assaulted that was left at home because there was nobody there to watch them,” Bevin told reporters in a video captured by WDRB reporter Marcus Green. “I guarantee you somewhere today a child was physically harmed, or ingested poison, because they were home alone. Because a single parent didn’t have money to take care of them.”
TPM

There's so much stupid here I'm not even going to bother with it.
blatham

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:34 pm
I understand Trump actually used the phrase, "Mission Accomplished". Very stable geniosity at work there.
coldjoint

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:36 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
as the USSR faded away.

Communism never faded away. It has influenced our politics since its inception and continues to influence it. Russia has little to do with this ideology's grip on people. The collectivism of the Lefts politics gives it away. The direction the Left is moving guarantees tyranny.

0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:40 pm
Quote:
the attorney who represents Scooter Libby is Victoria Toensing, wife of Joe diGenova. diGenova regularly appears on Fox News and rails against special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of the Trump campaign.

TP

Good grief. Could these fuckwits get any more corrupt
coldjoint

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:48 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Good grief. Could these fuckwits get any more corrupt

They are corrupt because they represented someone? Corruption has nothing to do with this. Do you read what you post?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:49 pm
Quote:
Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White said in Saturday's Pentagon briefing that there has been a "2,000% increase in Russian trolls in the last 24 hours," following the coordinated strike against Syria on Friday night.
Axios

Not messing around, these guys.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 14 Apr, 2018 07:39 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

A few quibbles but overall it's an excellent piece. I also have been loath to use "progressive" as a self identifier and my reasons are the same as yours and the author's. I watched the right wing media as it followed the lead of Pat Buchanan and the movement conservative crowd (the religious right particularly) work diligently to redefine "liberal" in order to quench their hunger for a new enemy as the USSR faded away. Of course, they are still doing this.

And what are you doing with "movement conservatism" ? Perhaps you have become so accustomed to your endless outpouring of liberal/progressive propaganda that you have become insensitive to your own rather flagrant hypocrisy.

That said I presume Hightor is pleased to note that "except for a few quibbles" you approve of his post.