monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:53 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Why would two Republican administrations be so concerned with spin and so uninterested in serious political problems?

I don't know what you mean. I know it is a stupid thing to say when Trump has put citizens first dealing with immigration. THE political problem of all political problems. Democrats ran from anything that would stop the flow of immigrants, legal or not.

Trump runs from nothing, the media won't let him. That post I am answering is total bullshit.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:57 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Comey writes that Obama sat alone with him in the Oval Office

Oh Oh did Obama let him kiss his ring? Covering Obama's ass is the only purpose Comey is still around for. Obama's time in office is being seen for what is was and the damage it did.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:07 pm
Quote:
Literally zero Senate Republicans voted against Andrew Wheeler: "If embattled Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt were to leave office, the reins of the agency could fall to a former Senate aide and coal mining lobbyist who was confirmed 53-45 Thursday afternoon to become second-in-command at EPA."
Benen

As I argued some weeks ago, murdering the EPA is probably the second most important part of the Koch crowd's agenda (after the tax bill). Wheeler's wikipedia page is definitely worth reading:
Quote:
Andrew R. Wheeler is an American lawyer and lobbyist who specializes in energy and environmental policy. Since 2009, he has been a co-leader of the energy practice at the law firm of Faegre Baker Daniels. Wheeler was previously an aide to U.S. Senator James Inhofe and a staffer on the United States Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. Wheeler is a critic of nationwide limits on greenhouse gas emissions and has supported the continued use of fossil fuels.[1]
He's also a climate warming denier, of course.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:11 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
He's also a climate warming denier, of course.

Jail time for him. And complaining about a partisan vote at this point is ridiculous.
0 Replies

thack45

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:17 pm
I could've done without a Comey book, and think the timing of its release does more harm than good.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:26 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
and think the timing of its release does more harm than good.

Comey is beating the IG's report, that was planned. Nothing Comey does is unplanned.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:43 pm
Quote:
Revealed: Secret rightwing strategy to discredit teacher strikes
A nationwide network of rightwing thinktanks is launching a PR counteroffensive against the teachers’ strikes that are sweeping the country, circulating a “messaging guide” for anti-union activists that portrays the walkouts as harmful to low-income parents and their children.

The new rightwing strategy to discredit the strikes that have erupted in protest against cuts in education funding and poor teacher pay is contained in a three-page document obtained by the Guardian. Titled “How to talk about teacher strikes”, it provides a “dos and don’ts” manual for how to smear the strikers.

Top of the list of talking points is the claim that “teacher strikes hurt kids and low-income families”. It advises anti-union campaigners to argue that “it’s unfortunate that teachers are protesting low wages by punishing other low-wage parents and their children.”

The “messaging guide” is the brainchild of the State Policy Network (SPN), an alliance of 66 rightwing “ideas factories” that span every state in the nation. SPN uses its $80m war chest – funded by billionaire super-donors such as the Koch brothers and the Walton Family Foundation that flows from the Walmart fortune – to coordinate conservative strategy across the country.
Guardian
coldjoint

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 08:05 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Revealed: Secret rightwing strategy to discredit teacher strikes

They gave up on Killary? Oops that was a vast right wing conspiracy. I could also argue that teachers unions are a left wing conspiracy to indoctrinate our children.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 05:55 am
Quote:
President Trump plans to pardon I. Lewis Libby Jr., who as chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney was convicted of perjury in connection with the leak of a C.I.A. officer’s identity, a person familiar with the decision said on Thursday.

Mr. Libby’s case has long been a cause for conservatives who maintained that he was a victim of a special prosecutor run amok, an argument that may have resonated with the president. Mr. Trump has repeatedly complained that the special counsel investigation into possible cooperation between his campaign and Russia in 2016 has gone too far and amounts to an unfair “witch hunt.”
NYT

Well of course he does.
maporsche

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 06:30 am
@blatham,
“Look everyone, I’m not afraid to pardon people who are loyal to their boss....”
revelette1

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 07:35 am
Michael Cohen asks court to put Stormy Daniels case on ice, invokes 5th Amendment

My computer is out for a while so I wondered if I can manage on my granddaughter's tablet. I can but its way more trouble.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 08:41 am
@revelette1,
In case you haven't stocked up yet ...

Whatever happened to Trump ties? They’re over. So is most of Trump’s merchandising empire.
Quote:
Before he ran for office, Donald Trump made millions by selling his name to adorn other people’s products. There was Trump deodorant. Trump ties . Trump steaks. Trump underwear. Trump furniture. At one time, there was even a Trump-branded urine test.

Now, almost all of them are gone.

In 2015, Trump listed 19 companies that were paying him to produce or distribute Trump-branded consumer goods.

In recent weeks, only two said they are still selling Trump-branded goods. One is a Panamanian company selling Trump bed linens and home goods. The other is a Turkish company selling Trump furniture.

Of the rest, some Trump partners quit in reaction to campaign-trail rhetoric on immigrants and Muslims. Others said their licensing agreements had expired. Others said nothing beyond confirming that they’d stopped working with Trump. Their last Trump goods are now being sold off, often at a discount.
[...]
The Trump Organization sells its own name-branded merchandise. Last year, it opened an e-commerce site, www.TrumpStore.com, with an inventory of Trump T-shirts, teddy bears and key chains.

But the licensed-merchandise business was something different. It allowed Trump to make money off other people’s work, other people’s products, other people’s marketing.

All Trump had to do was sell something that he could never run out of.

0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 09:28 am
@blatham,
The New York Times wrote:
President Trump plans to pardon I. Lewis Libby Jr., who as chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney was convicted of perjury in connection with the leak of a C.I.A. officer’s identity, a person familiar with the decision said on Thursday.

Mr. Trump is a good man who cares about protecting innocent people.

Now lets seize all of the Democrats' campaign contributions for the coming election and give that money to Mr. Libby as compensation for his unjust losses.

And then outlaw the Democratic Party altogether in order to prevent them from harming innocent people in the future.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 09:30 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
My computer is out for a while so I wondered if I can manage on my granddaughter's tablet. I can but its way more trouble.

Don't forget to sign out of a2k when you are done using it on someone else's computer.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:59 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
who are loyal to their boss....”

Since when is loyalty a criminal offense?
maporsche

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:15 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
who are loyal to their boss....”

Since when is loyalty a criminal offense?

Maybe you could show me where I made that claim?

Many of these government workers take an oath to the constitution and the rule of law though, not necessarily the boss.
coldjoint

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:46 am
https://constitution.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/face-banned-600-cdn.jpg
https://constitution.com/heavy-hand/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:48 am
@maporsche,
Quote:

Maybe you can show me where Trump said that is why Libby was pardoned?
coldjoint

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:55 am
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/therebel/pages/18511/attachments/original/1523637322/zucker_meme_2.jpg?1523637322
Laughing Laughing Laughing
https://www.therebel.media/zuckerberg_s_cringe_worthy_testimony_inspired_funny_memes_and_serious_concerns
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 12:05 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Maybe you can show me where Trump said that is why Libby was pardoned?

Maybe you could show me where I made that claim too.

There is no attribution to the statement that I posted. No link. No "-Donald Trump" or "Quote by Donald Trump".