Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
You lie!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:22 am
http://www.vox.com
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-bigot-and-a-racist/2015/12/01/a2a47b96-9872-11e5-8917-653b65c809eb_story.html?client=safari
Baldimo

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 12:13 pm
@Frugal1,
Code Pink has no standing to talk about anything. Obama is bombing more countries than Bush ever did but they quiet for all of Obama's term.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 12:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Sessions' hostility to civil rights laws should disqualify this bigot. It also tells us much about Trump, the textbook bigot who continues to reveal the true self.

Would you stop with the bigot/racist bullshit? I'll have to place you in purgatory again.
Baldimo

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 12:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Gotta love these very liberal sites and liberally bias opinion pieces you try to post as a media fact. The very fact these very same things are said about every non-leftist is what makes you sound lame. You keep beating a drum that isn't really producing any results.
cicerone imposter

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 12:25 pm
@McGentrix,
No. I'm going to repeat Trump's bigotry until people like you learn something about equality and civil rights in this country in accordance with our Constitution. Trump is a racist pig. There's a reason why he attracts the KKK and white supremacists.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:00 pm
@Olivier5,
This seems to be a common liberal debate strategy.. " celebrity said this, celebrity says that."

I'm simply pointing out a flaw.
layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:16 pm
@tony5732,
These sisters know what celebrities are for, eh, Tony?

tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:32 pm
@Baldimo,
This is a really weak spot for Democrats right now. "When in doubt call people racist, if that doesn't work find a famous person who agrees with you".

0 Replies

layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:47 pm
Whenever I start to entertain reservations about Trump, I am reminded of Nietzsche's observation:

Quote:
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
0 Replies

tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:51 pm
@blatham,
Thank you.
0 Replies

tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:56 pm
@Frugal1,
No I think he's going to be a Playlist president on Spotify. Good spot for him actually. I'm not saying that as an insult either.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:58 pm
I believe that Meryl Streep's comments at the Golden Globes Event were out of order and a misuse of both her celebrity and the ostensible purposes of the event for some self-serving pandering to the prejudices of an audience whose welcome appreciation of the comments was never in doubt. There was little integrity and no courace at all in her presentation.

That said, I wonder if Trump did any net good in reacting to it. He certainly did expose Streep's hypocrisy to his already appreciative audience, just as he provided further confirmation to her's, but I doubt that he changed anyone's position on the underlying issues.

Trump's use of social media has so far turned out to be a plus for him. He captured a lot of free publicity during the primary and seized the agenda in a way that benefitted himself greatly. In the final contest he also bypassed a media establishment committed to hiding Hillary's lies and Democrat pretense on the "issues" they put forward, again changing the game in a way favorable to himself.

I don't think that dynamic will work as well, once he is in office. He will be President of us all, and needs to present himself that way. One of the several significant components of Obama's failed Presidency was his obvious partisanship on most issues: Trump should avoid merely substituting a new form of it for the old. I believe he can do that, and I hope he will soon begin acting accordingly.

He can still maintain his use of social media as an effective way of bypassing a press establishment with a much exaggerated sense of its self importance. However he should confine himself to statements he or another President might make in press conferences - thereby continuing his direct communication with the public, but doing so as a representative of us all.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:05 pm
@McGentrix,
http://www.nj.com/golf/index.ssf/2015/07/a_comprehensive_list_of_what_d.html
If you know how to read and comprehend what you read, you might learn something about Trump's bigotry.

Trump lost big time from his bigotry. And that's the way it should be.

Here's a list of what Trump has lost as a result of his racist comments:
1. Spanish-language TV network Univision dropped its coverage of Miss USA and Miss Universe, two beauty pageants co-owned by Trump.
2. NBC followed suit by also dropping the pageant programming. 
3. NASCAR decided to move its season-ending awards ceremony away from the Trump National Doral Miami, where the event was originally scheduled to be held.
4. ESPN shifted its Celebrity Golf Classic away from Trump's National Golf Club.
5. Serta mattresses dropped its partnership with Trump.
6. Macy's dumped Donald Trump brand merchandise from its stores. 
7. The PGA of America announced that it would be relocating its Grand Slam of Golf from Trump's golf course in Los Angeles.
8. The Latino vote. Not that he ever really had that to begin with.
Maria Guardado may be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @mi_guardado. Find NJ.com on Facebook.    

I'm also sure many consumers are now staying away from any Trump business. We know that his Trump Hotels suffered, and he changed the name.

From Forbes:
Quote:
In January 2016, a survey from BAV Consulting showed that the value of Trump's brand was "collapsing" in the eyes of people making over $100,000 per year. In May 2016, a survey conducted by media and research firm Skift found that 57% of those surveyed were less likely to stay in one of Trump's hotels because of his presidential run. In August, Foursquare found that foot traffic to Trump properties had decreased since he announced his presidential bid in June 2015, especially in Democratic-leaning states. An August report from travel website Hipmunk showed that bookings at Trump hotels on the site were down 59% in the first half of 2016 as compared to the first half of 2015. A week after the Washington Post released the Access Hollywood tape of Trump making lewd comments about women, New York Magazine reported that Trump's new Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. had to reduce its rates during peak season.  A New York Times story on Monday described how some customers actively choosing to avoid patronizing anything with the Trump brand as a form of protest in the wake of Trump's comments about women, minorities and immigrants. 

tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:08 pm
@layman,
Lol!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This doesn't say anything about his bigotry, all it mentions is places who have stopped doing business with Trump due to his supposed bigotry. Having a view on illegal immigration that differs from yours, does not make someone a racist. You are becoming the boy who cried wolf...
layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

This doesn't say anything about his bigotry, all it mentions is places who have stopped doing business with Trump due to his supposed bigotry. Having a view on illegal immigration that differs from yours, does not make someone a racist. You are becoming the boy who cried wolf...

Becoming?
0 Replies

tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's what Trump gained from what some liberals TRY to define as bigotry.

1. The presidency.
0 Replies