monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Her demeanor and body language in front of the enquiry was complete disdain and narcissism.
edgarblythe

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:13 pm
@georgeob1,
Clinton should have tweeted all her messages. Smile
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Funny man.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Imagine her awkwardness.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's a great way to bypass the media dicks.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:35 pm
@nimh,
A little old history from me:
my husband and I lived in small house neighborhood in a now more famous place, Venice, California. We met in '74 when a pal and I had an art gallery and studio and sublet it to a theater group in order to pay the lease. Neither of us had money to toss: she was an artist with art savvy, and I had a full time job in a science lab, also into art.

A member of that theater group and I both agreed on stuff and were attracted. One day, he didn't go home again (parents) and we were together for a lot of years and still have regard, years after breaking up. Point is re the thread, that together we knew some interesting people.

One of the immediate area neighborhood group was an attorney, a former Republican, had changed her mind for social liberty reasons. Anyway, she was later our California Secretary of State, and when she got there was all pro improving/fixing the machines. That did happen to some extent. Point is, she was the first or one of the first to push fixing the machines.

Debra Bowen. I like her still.
blatham

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:42 pm
@nimh,
Re the YouGov poll finding you note.

Wow. I had no idea that was so. My reading is pretty broad and I had seen almost nothing on that particular fear/idea. Not this cycle. Clearly a lot of people are getting "information" on communications lines I don't even know about or don't attend to.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:50 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
Left leaning sources are going to try to leave it at "the election was hacked! " without giving much insight as to what was hacked and how the hacking actually influenced the election.

But that's the head-shaker for me. I do go through a lot of different sources every day and I don't recall any expressed concern about voting machines being hacked. This was not a notion that just didn't arise. So I have no idea where it came from and who's been speaking about it.
blatham

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:56 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Back in 2003, the Diebold CEO sent a letter to Republicans saying, "I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president". My recollection is that concerns on machine manipulation/hacking began at that point (understandable given that letter).
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 08:03 pm
@blatham,
I thought you misunderstood something, but here's the support for your claim.
http://commondreams.org/headlines03/0828-08.htm

Here's the latest on Diebold.
http://www.salon.com/2013/10/24/atm_company_diebold_charged_with_bribery_falsifying_docs/
blatham

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 08:05 pm
Did some digging around on google. Concerns did arise from tech types (machines and systems not difficult to hack theme) and from some TV and print operations though not many and not often. Few in sources I attend to and I missed those instances or didn't grant them much credence, I guess.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 08:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'd forgotten Blackwell was involved in all that. He was another reason people became suspicious as he's a very slimy character.

That Salon piece from 2013 is pretty clear on the corruption in that company.

In any case, I'll leave the voting machine question for techie types.
0 Replies

AC14747

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 10:10 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
RABEL222

Re: blatham (Post 6337568)
But Blatham. The conservatives dont care that Putin hacked the government because it got them a completely republican president, legislature, and supreme court. In republican eyes Putin went from a commie bastard to a fine Oligark like themselves

What absolute crapola...How did it get them a Republican president exactly? Were there Russian agents holding guns to peoples heads at the voting booths? You are delusional.
tony5732

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 10:42 pm
@blatham,
They don't. It's not the truth of the facts it's how the actual facts are being laid out to be interpreted by information consumers.

If I were to say "THE RUSSIAN'S HACKED THE ELECTION, THEY CHANGED THE VOTE FOR TRUMP! " it's true. The election was hacked, and votes most definitely did change after Clinton was embarrassed by the information given to us by Russia.

If I said "the ballot boxes where not tampered with and everyone who voted had their vote go to the correct candidate ", that is also true, it just brings a different side of the story to the spotlight.

It's not always about what is in the story, a lot of times it's just about what isn't included in the story and where the information included is placed.
tony5732

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 10:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
LOL! Fortunately I think Trump is smart enough to know C stands for Classified.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 11:11 pm
@Builder,
Or perhaps she dident feel the need to look guilty because she wasent?
RABEL222

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 11:18 pm
@AC14747,
I notice that you joined our group in august so let me ask you if you are a Russian. Possibly one of the hackers the FBI, CIA and homeland security say hacked the democratic sites?
tony5732

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 11:31 pm
@RABEL222,
The FBI says she was
0 Replies

tony5732

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 11:32 pm
@RABEL222,
Are you joking?
RABEL222

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 11:49 pm
@tony5732,
As a matter of fact they said she wasent. Only careless.