monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 01:39 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Once the President decides that there should not be an investigation, there is no longer any legally empowered investigation.
We had had the period of absolutism here as well ... 1648-1789.
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:00 pm
@oralloy,
You've been told repeatedly that when the indictments come down, they won't be for collusion, which is merely the commonly used term for it, not the legal one. Rather they will probably be for things that are crimes, and fit under that commonly used rubric, probably conspiracy or accepting things of value (not necessarily money) from foreign entities. Ldegal experts will wite them and they'll use the appropriate legal language, which is actually there
layman

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:04 pm
@layman,
I forgot to include this part, in case somebody aint seen it:

the memo wrote:
The Page FISA application incorrectly assesses that Steele did not directly provide information to Yahoo News.
MontereyJack

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:07 pm
@oralloy,
Constitutionally the President is there to carry out the will of Congrss, which can empower inevstiigations too. If he obstructs a congressional investigation and tries to shut it down unilaterally,SCOTUS should constitutionally tell him it's illegal. LOCK HIM UP.
Lash

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:08 pm
FYI- ALL family members, business owners and employees, have benefitted significantly from the tax cuts. One business raised all employees who made less than a specific amount — to that amount. The next higher tier (the second lowest tier) were given a one time $1000. bonus.

I wonder how many people experienced this.

0 Replies

hightor

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:09 pm
Trump’s Unparalleled War on a Pillar of Society: Law Enforcement

By SHARON LaFRANIERE, KATIE BENNER and PETER BAKERFEB. 3, 2018

Quote:
In the days before the 2016 election, Donald J. Trump expressed “great respect” for the “courage” of the F.B.I. and Justice Department for reopening the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server. Sixteen months later, he has changed his mind.

The agencies have been “disgraceful” and “should be ashamed,” he declared Friday, just weeks after pronouncing the F.B.I.’s reputation “in tatters” and the “worst in history.” Under attack by President Trump, the deputy F.B.I. director, Andrew G. McCabe, was pushed out last week. Mr. Trump has hinted that he may fire the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein. And his aides fear that Christopher A. Wray, his F.B.I. director, may resign over the president’s criticism of the bureau, although associates doubt he would.

The war between the president and the nation’s law enforcement apparatus is unlike anything America has seen in modern times. With a special counsel investigating whether his campaign collaborated with Russia in 2016 and whether Mr. Trump obstructed justice in 2017, the president has engaged in a scorched-earth assault on the pillars of the criminal justice system in a way that no other occupant of the White House has done.

The president’s focus on a memo drafted by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee and released on Friday reflected years of conspiracy-minded thinking by Mr. Trump. “Something is going on, folks,” he would warn at his campaign rallies. He has long sought to find the hidden hand at work behind the scenes in government, and he has encouraged that theme in the disparagement by his supporters of a “deep state” organized to resist the policies of an elected president.

At the start of his administration, Mr. Trump targeted the intelligence community for his criticism. Now he has broadened the attacks to include the sprawling federal law enforcement bureaucracy that he oversees.

(...)

NYT
Walter Hinteler

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:10 pm
@layman,
Washington Post wrote:
It is wrong to say that this “Western intelligence source,” presumably Steele, formed the foundation of an article in which at least three other sources featured more prominently.
Full report
layman

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Washington Post wrote:
It is wrong to say that this “Western intelligence source,” presumably Steele, formed the foundation of an article in which at least three other sources featured more prominently.
Full report

I aint payin to read Wapo crap, Walt. Tell me

1. what were the "three other sources?"
2. Who is the author of this, and how does he know?
3. How does he determine what is "more prominent?"

Are you aware that that the FBI allowed NO ONE, except Trey Gowdy, in congress to see the full search warrant application?

Well, maybe I misunderstood the claim. Are you talking about the article, or it's use in the search warrant application?
Walter Hinteler

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:17 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
It's all in that linked" report. And even if I'm a "Kraut", I'm not your servant - you can post your response as often as you want
georgeob1

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:17 pm
@hightor,
Apparently the NYT writer does not see the Executive orders from former President Obama to discontinue or suspend the enforcement of segments o9f our immigration law - done without the approval of the Congress - as an action against law enforcement. Same goes for the obvious collusion of the Justice Department, the AG and, yes, the upper echelons of the FBI, in whitewashing then candidate Hillary Clinton's many violation of security laws (and her own directives to State Department employees) regarding the security of classified communications.

If there's a war going on it appears that the Obama era Justice apparatus started it.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:22 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

layman wrote:
It's all in that linked" report. And even if I'm a "Kraut", I'm not your servant - you can post your response as often as you want

I can't read it. But let me ask something about you. What did you conclude from reading this article, if you read it?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
We had had the period of absolutism here as well ... 1648-1789.

You mean your executive is not in charge of her executive branch?
layman

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I found a way to get around their lame-ass paywell, Walt. The article is a complete joke. It does, however, reinforce my post about the FBI lying about Steele lying:

WaPo wrote:
The FBI did not need a Yahoo article to inform a FISA court that Page was on the “radar screen” of federal law enforcement.

One of these supposedly "more prominently featured sources" was the FBI it's own damn self, eh?

Isikoff spent over an hour talking to Steele in a private dining room, he says. That was his source. The other supposed "sources" of his article are irrelevant. Well, except for the FBI leak, I mean.
BillW

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:36 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, he prefers White Supremacist, Racist antiAmerican crap; ie, unBreitBart....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:36 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
You mean your executive is not in charge of her executive branch?
No, I meant the prosecution - the public prosecutor's offices are criminal justice bodies attached to the judiciary).
oralloy

Sat 3 Feb, 2018 02:37 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
I found a way to get around their lame-ass paywell, Walt.

If you open a paywall source in incognito/private browsing mode (where no tracking information or cookies are logged by your browser) it never records that you've read one of your limited number of articles for the month, and you can keep opening an unlimited number of their articles.