monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 07:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Obviously, I meant to write A governmental institution doesn't want to reveal corruption at it's highest levels

Don't you think it's possible to form an opinion relative to a statement that is based on information extraneous to the text?

Of course, the White House would not want to reveal it's corruption...if it was corrupt.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 07:35 pm
@maporsche,
And you don't support cops?

Do you really think they are all (or even a significant number of them) are racist murderers?

Do you personally know any cops?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 07:43 pm
@maporsche,
First of all, in the hypothetical you've posited, I would not respond " I think that ALL lives matter, not just black ones, but I include members of all races."

I probably would respond with "I generally agree with you and would love to hear your suggestions for how the situation can be rectified, but I hope you will agree with me that calling for cops to be killed is inexcusable."

If the person couldn't agree with me, the discussion would be over.

I've already stated that I think that ALM is an excellent rejoinder to people who can't discuss the matter rationally.
Setanta

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 07:46 pm
I would be interested to know who, among those in Black Lives Matter, has called for the killing of cops.
layman

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 07:50 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I would be interested to know who, among those in Black Lives Matter, has called for the killing of cops.

Aint been around much, eh?

0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:12 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That was quite the strawman wasn't it. He built that up soooooo big, applied it to thousands/millions of people who identify with BLM.

Impressive
maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And you don't support cops?

As a whole, of course I do. I'm not afraid to call out the bad ones though or to explicitly state that the justice system treats minorities differently than it treats white people (as a whole). Also, believing that some actions that some police officers have taken rise to the level of manslaughter (if not murder) does not mean that I don't support police.

Quote:

Do you really think they are all (or even a significant number of them) are racist murderers?

Absolutely not. But some are.

Quote:
Do you personally know any cops?

What kind of question is this? Who doesn't know at least a couple cops? I've only had positive interactions with police. I'm aware though that not all of us are white males like I am and that if you're a minority, statistically you're more likely to be hassled, convicted, and sentenced longer (not to mention shot) than a white person convicted of doing the same crime. You're more likely to get followed in a store. More likely to get pulled over. More likely to get stopped and frisked. More likely overall to have bad interactions with police.
maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I've already stated that I think that ALM is an excellent rejoinder to people who can't discuss the matter rationally.

Who are they Finn? Have you ever said that to someone in person or are you just talking about people on message boards?

I've been trying to talk about this rationally with you and yet you're using it with me.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:27 pm
@BillW,
You and the two cretins who thumbed this comment up are as bad if not worse than the people you rant about.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:31 pm
@Setanta,
Would you now?

For someone who considers himself so well informed you've revealed you're not quite up to your personal press.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:34 pm
@maporsche,
Oh lord, you've been stricken with the canine strawman virus.

It's getting harder and harder to take you seriously.
maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

It's getting harder and harder to take you seriously.

I was just thinking the same about you.

What you posted was the definition of a strawman. In the hypothetical I explicitly mentioned someone who was non-violent.

You asked me if I thought all cops were racist murders.

Do you think that all members of BLM support the murder of police? Half? 10%? 1%? 0.01%?
hightor

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Recall a certain IRS scandal who targeted tea-party groups?

The real scandal is how easy it is to set up a tax-exempt front to covertly funnel money into the political process.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:40 pm
@maporsche,
This is just muttering.

You keep pushing the argument of racial bias in the criminal justice system despite the fact that I have agreed with you that it exists. Do you get "woke" points for this ****?

Here's, it would seem, the difference between you and me: I don't ever find the need to apologize for being a white male.

Why would I? It wasn't a choice and I'm not going to allow a pack of idiots tell me that in the name of equality, I am somehow morally inferior...because I am white or because I have testicles.
Below viewing threshold (view)
maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

This is just muttering.

You keep pushing the argument of racial bias in the criminal justice system despite the fact that I have agreed with you that it exists. Do you get "woke" points for this ****?

Here's, it would seem, the difference between you and me: I don't ever find the need to apologize for being a white male.

Why would I? It wasn't a choice and I'm not going to allow a pack of idiots tell me that in the name of equality, I am somehow morally inferior...because I am white or because I have testicles.

God, this conversation is disappointing.

Where did I apologize for being a white? Where did I apologize for being male? Where did I imply that I'm inferior? I have not done this. I will NEVER do this.

ALL I've said, is that I'm treated differently (more favorably) than minorities, and so are you.

*******-a Finn. Your posts are weak-sauce and to hear you critique me of muttering after what I just read.....just sad. Sad.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 08:50 pm
Reading comments and trying to have a conversation with the right-leaning on this board is becoming futile. Talk about a pack of idiots.

There, you trolled me to insulting posters on this board. Nice work?

Your ****'s not worth the paper it's printed on.