monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 07:46 pm
Quote:
but allow me to add my two bits worth, eh?:

Now, you've gone and wasted your whole year's supply in one post, layman.
layman

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 08:41 pm
One standing ovation after another for The Donald at SOTU address, eh?

They just won't seem to let the boy poor talk for more than a sentence or two without interrupting with prolonged applause, if ya aint watchin.

The gist of the whole speech is:

America First, Baby!

Huge applause and loud cheers for saying: "Americans are dreamers, too," in the process of pledging to destroy MS-13 and other illegal alien criminals.
BillW

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 08:48 pm
Don't forget:
Quote:

Super blue blood snow moon eclipse: How to take amazing photographs

At 5:37 a.m. on the West Coast, according to NASA, the moon is expected to be at its fullest with a full total lunar eclipse, supermoon and blue moon. That's 8:37 a.m. on the East Coast, where day will have already broken.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/01/30/how-photograph-super-moon/1079962001/
wmwcjr

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:41 pm
@BillW,
A full moon tonight? That's bad news for all the conservatives who are wereliberals. https://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/scared.gif
wmwcjr

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:44 pm
@camlok,
His supply is never-ending. https://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/scared.gif
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:06 pm
@wmwcjr,
Super blue blood full moon none the less......
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:07 pm
@layman,
Quote:
They just won't seem to let the boy poor talk for more than a sentence or two without interrupting with prolonged applause, if ya aint watchin.

I caught the second half of it, when I got home from work. I'd say he handled that very well indeed.

The memes in social media are saying the dems are not labeling themselves anti-trump with their actions, but anti-American. I do declare they're right.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:08 pm
Great speech by Trump

Just loved whenever the tv camera panned to sourpuss Pelosi.

Joe Kennedy III: You went too heavy on the chapstick Joe. Looked you were drooling. Smart move to give the speech in front of a captive audience though.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:09 pm
@Builder,
Yep
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:24 pm
tRump looked like a goon, couldn't tell if he was lying, fake, exaggerated, very reality tv, totally unPresidental - yeap, tRumpian. Hope American exists in another year; tRump is the best agent Russia ever had in America and it isn't even a secret... WHAT A GOON!
0 Replies

layman

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:32 pm
One of the better highlights of the speech was when he said the U.S. was gunna get back in the business of torturing terrorists at Gitmo until they fess the **** up and rat out all their homeys, I thought.
layman

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:50 pm
Quote:
FBI Scandal: McCabe's Resignation Is Only The Beginning

McCabe is at the center of what increasingly appears to be a cabal of FBI officials dedicated to undermining Trump's presidency. If so, and a congressional memo is not in and of itself proof, it would signal a major scandal that ultimately could lead to firings, fines and even prison terms.

National security reporter Sara Carter, citing "current and former FBI officials," wrote that more resignations are likely to follow and that Wray was "shocked to his core" after reading the memo.

McCabe seems to have been an agent-in-place for the Democratic Party, and FBI Director Wray finally said, "enough." McCabe, by the way, still walks away with nearly $2 million in retirement benefits.

Let us be as clear as we can be: We don't care what McCabe's political views are, as long as he did his job.

But the clear impression that he and others, including Comey, may have been tilting their decisions toward Hillary Clinton is not just unacceptable — it is likely legally actionable. If in fact a circle of government employees worked to subvert American law and the political process, it's not a firing offense — it's a criminal offense.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/fbi-scandal-mccabes-resignation-is-only-the-beginning/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:56 pm
@layman,
Not to forget, what Trump said about those less discussed topics, like the Russia affair and the free trade agreement NAFTA with Mexico and Canada.
layman

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 11:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yeah, Walt, and cuttin off funding to U.S. enemies at the U.N. That, like, ROCKED, eh!?

If I had to sum up his speech in one sentence it might be: There's a new Sheriff in town, motherfuckers.
BillW

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 11:26 pm
Status of the current Republican Party in a single phrase -

* no redeeming social value!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 11:34 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Yeah, Walt, and cuttin off funding to U.S. enemies at the U.N. That, like, ROCKED, eh!?

If I had to sum up his speech in one sentence it might be: There's a new Sheriff in town, motherfuckers.

That sounds like a line lifted from 'Blazing Saddles", the audience laughed........and now the rest of the world is laughing at him and people like you. What's that you say???? You don't care? That's because you haven't thought it through, it will just sneak up on you and you'll wonder why your income doesn't stretch as far or why.....oh the hell with it, you're just one of those people that has to learn the hard way...not my responsibility.
oralloy

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 11:50 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
the rest of the world is laughing at him and people like you.

Sounds to me more like they are engaging in pathetic whining. Did you hear the piteous yowling that erupted in Europe a few weeks ago when Trump said he was going to move our embassy to Jerusalem and cut off aid to the Palestinians?
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Not to forget, what Trump said about those less discussed topics, like the Russia affair.......

As he was leaving, the prez was asked by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) if he would release the House Intel memo.

Trump said, “oh yeah, don’t worry, 100%.”
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:05 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
...and now the rest of the world is laughing at him and people like you.

Posting personal opinion like it has any weight at all? That's not like you at all, gal.... Oh, wait....

As far as SOTU speeches go, it was well-received, and pretty standard fare, and not designed to create panic.

That will happen when the memo is released, and we'll see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZu9zbvhKfY

Or not. Time will tell.
MontereyJack

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:35 am
@Builder,
Just read the fact checkers., and Trump did it again, as usual.. Bullshit. Most of the things he claimed credit for were actually well in train before he ever became president. He's really great at claiming credit for what the people that came before him actually did. Phony through and through. But that's no surprise. His speech was also approved by the lowest percentage in the last twenty years, since polling on SOTU started. I think it's time we started talking about the failed Trump presidency.