monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lash

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 08:36 am
Blacks only voted for previous GOP candidates 1 or 2 percentage points more than they voted for Trump, but Trump did lose some Hispanic voters.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN13I10B

Trump was elected with 8 percent of the black vote, 28 percent of the Hispanic vote and 27 percent of the Asian-American vote, according to the Reuters/Ipsos Election Day poll.

Among black voters, his showing was comparable to the 9 percent captured by George W. Bush in 2000 and Ronald Reagan in 1984. But Bush and Reagan both did far better with Hispanic voters, capturing 35 percent and 34 percent, respectively, according to exit polling data compiled by the non-partisan Roper Center for Public Opinion Research.

—————————
Blacks have been almost exclusively in the Dem Sure Thing column since...Johnson? I’ll check.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 08:46 am
Pretty much Johnson and Kennedy. I definitely understand the mass vote for Johnson, but when you look at continuing disparities for black Americans, you have to wonder if they feel their long-term allegiance is misguided.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/476190/
layman

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 08:54 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
...you have to wonder if they feel their long-term allegiance is misguided.

LBJ wrote:
These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. I'll have them niggers voting Democratic for two hundred years.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson

He said that in 1957 and ya gotta give him credit: For 60 years, at least, he's been right.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:22 am
Nobody seems to be talking about the memo and the release of Andrew McCabe...

I think we’re finally knocking on the door of the shadow government holding sway at the FBI.
camlok

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:27 am
@Lash,
Nobody ever seems to be talking about anything pertinent/uncomfortable/... , Lash. But that is how Americans are. Get out of the safe confines of the propaganda bubble and they are lost.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:28 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
You mean here? Has been done.
You mean in the media? Was in the headlines/news/opinions everywhere, worldwide.
camlok

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:37 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I think we’re finally knocking on the door

Finally, Lash?!? Surely you jest.

The deep secrecy of the US government makes Dishonest Abe's quote one of the biggest lies ever. You know the "government of the people ..." total bullshit.

Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men’s views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it. - Woodrow Wilson.
0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Did you the the memo on the TPS report?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:55 am
@blatham,
Daniel Dale - now on #45 duty with TorStar was the reporter who brought down RoFo.

I'm hoping someone similar will be on DoFo duty. DoFo hasn't lived in Ontario for some time (lived in Chicago, now he's in Boston) so I hope he gets the Ignatieff treatment.
layman

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:57 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The FBI director reads the memo one day and the next day, presto! McCabe's sorry ass has disappeared, forever.

Just some wild-ass coincidence, ya figure?

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.

We'll find out, soon enough, I guess.
ehBeth

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:59 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Frankly, I think it is driven by the dynamics of the American war industry.

this

interesting bit on CBC radio last night on how much money Cheney made from Halliburton in and around his war gov gigs
camlok

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:07 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
interesting bit on CBC radio last night on how much money Cheney made from Halliburton in and around his war gov gigs

This is the same guy who made all this money off his voluminous 911 lies. The same guy who said OBL had nothing to do with 911.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:10 am
@layman,
Gowdy said that, during the months the FBI was stonewalling congress, when they asked where the "dossier" had come from, the FBI's answer was "we think it came from the Republicans."

Yeah, right, eh? Not a word of that was invented until Clinton, et al, hired Steele through Fusion.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:10 am
@layman,
Yeah right, Ryan.

Opening up America's voluminous dirty dirty secrets to its world leading gullible sheeple will never happen. There's far too much that has been invested in the world's largest and most successful propaganda system.
0 Replies