monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 08:38 pm
@wmwcjr,
That's a pretty good joke, wm. And you've reminded me that I owe you a message.
BillW

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 08:39 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

It's a circus ticket. Send in the clowns! Smile

Nunes, Ryan, Pence and tRump are clowns. Two were sent in years ago, 2 arrived a year ago. The circus is stationed in DC!
0 Replies

BillW

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 08:47 pm
Quote:

The Plot Against America

Decades before he ran the Trump campaign, Paul Manafort’s pursuit of foreign cash and shady deals laid the groundwork for the corruption of Washington.

The clinic permitted Paul Manafort one 10-minute call each day. And each day, he would use it to ring his wife from Arizona, his voice often soaked in tears. “Apparently he sobs daily,” his daughter Andrea, then 29, texted a friend. During the spring of 2015, Manafort’s life had tipped into a deep trough. A few months earlier, he had intimated to his other daughter, Jessica, that suicide was a possibility. He would “be gone forever,” she texted Andrea.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/03/paul-manafort-american-hustler/550925/

glitterbag

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 10:21 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I agree with Finn, and will assume you don't care much for my opinion either.

The quality of your discourse here appears to have taken a downturn.

Well of course you agree with him, is that supposed to surprise anyone?
As far as my view of your opinions, it's very difficult to develop an opinion. You draft/craft/conjure up your pronouncements and I become so distracted by the never ending albeit stunningly repetitive dumping of obstreperous pretentions I start to count the number of times you employ pejorative adjectives to belittle, attempt to humiliate, or impune other posters intelligence. Then (I'm ashamed to admit) its perversely entertaining reading the huffing and puffing and tut tut tuting,the oh poppycocking world class conceit... but when I imagine the voice of Foghorn Leghorn I can actually enjoy the windbaggery.

Regarding your opinion about the quality of my discourse, oh dear me, that is disheartening. Let me offer you a big Ho Hum.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 03:20 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Let me offer you a big Ho Hum.

Your generosity is only eclipsed by your good looks.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 04:47 am
@BillW,
Thanks Bill. I'd meant to read that then promptly forgot about it.
blatham

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 04:51 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
the voice of Foghorn Leghorn
There is a symmetry here.
blatham

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 05:00 am
Quote:
Forget the stalemate over immigration and spending. Right now, Republicans are most worried about President Donald Trump’s trade policy.

Fresh off new tariffs aimed at imported washing machines and solar panels, GOP lawmakers fear a round of tariffs targeting steel and aluminum — or worst of all: a sustained attack on NAFTA and dissolution of the trade agreement entirely. Trump’s populist trade policies dominated the Senate GOP’s strategy sessions last week, privately eliciting handwringing from the party’s large bloc of free traders, according to GOP sources familiar with the matter.

As the White House teases a conciliatory approach for Trump’s first State of the Union, Republicans hope he also will offer them an olive branch on one of the most yawning divides between the president and his party.
Politico

This will be another instance of Trump's fake populism easily submerging beneath the demands of the GOP's big funders. The technical term here is "swamp filling and enhancement"
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 05:18 am
Let us imagine...
Quote:
White House to Congress: Russia sanctions not needed now
Politico

Try to imagine if this decision had been made by Obama or some other Dem president who had just won the presidency with the known assistance of Russia. Further, imagine if that same Dem president had extensive financial aid for his profit-taking enterprises - from Russia.

Much of the English language would be unnecessary for right wing politicos and media entities as every second sentence's content would be thinly wrapped around two words, "Chamberlain" and "appeasement". And in every first sentence, "traitor!" would serve as the filler.
blatham

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 05:42 am
Remember when Trump invited Bill Clinton's accusers to attend his debate with Hillary.

Maybe Stormy Daniels will there for the SOTU speech.
blatham

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 05:46 am
In Voices From The Right
Quote:
David Frum
‏Verified account
@davidfrum
So to recap: Tonight Trump administration has resolved to leave future elections open to more Russian assistance to GOP candidates while firing and insulting FBI officials who have sought to protect elections against Russia
blatham

Tue 30 Jan, 2018 05:52 am
And some exciting news from Canada
Quote:
Jeet Heer
‏Verified account
@HeerJeet
Rob Ford's brother Doug is running for leadership of Ontario Conservative Party. "He wants to drain the swamp" says one prominent supporter.

Quote:
Jeet Heer
‏Verified account
@HeerJeet
Here's the thing: Rob Ford was a racist, misogynist, homophobic corrupt politician who was caught on tape smoking crack. His brother Doug is much, much less likeable.